Turn on thread page Beta

A Small Theory watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The Theory I'm presenting is that, wherever you are, whatever time of day, when walking past a group of teenagers there is a 60% chance that one of them will be in the middle of saying "f***ing" as you pass them. This is backed up by experimental evidence I have obtained over the past few days.

Funny quirk, what?

ReputationRep:
    You make too many threads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)
    You make too many threads.
    *prepares to neg*

read it then :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    The Theory I'm presenting is that, wherever you are, whatever time of day, when walking past a group of teenagers there is a 60% chance that one of them will be in the middle of saying "f***ing" as you pass them. This is backed up by experimental evidence I have obtained over the past few days.

Funny quirk, what?
    You're too liberal.

I think 90% is closer to the mark.

*mutters off about kids these days*

ReputationRep:
    As a theory it's fine.

Teenagers swear a lot.

ReputationRep:
    yes yes yes very true! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    HearTheThunder - maybe I could interest you in a hobby? Trainsets? Birdwatching? Sea cadets? Anything to get you away from your computer for a while.

Regarding you stupid thread -

- being from Bolton - there is a great chance you will hear that particular profanity, and being 17 yourself - you have all the evidence you require.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    You're too liberal.

I think 90% is closer to the mark.

*mutters off about kids these days*
    My results displayed a 59.6% chance. This was done by pacing down various corridors and recording boolean values for conversational extracts overheard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astor)
    HearTheThunder - maybe I could interest you in a hobby? Trainsets? Birdwatching? Sea cadets? Anything to get you away from your computer for a while.

- being from Bolton - there is a great chance you will hear that particular profanity, and being 17 yourself - you have all the evidence you require.
    If its so stupid, why bother posting in it? Idiot.

--------------

My results displayed a 59.6% chance. This was done by pacing down various corridors and recording boolean values for conversational extracts overheard.
    Come to London. My results are closer to 90%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astor)

Excuse me?

ReputationRep:
    Excuse me?
    Ignore the troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    Ignore the troll.
    Non!

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Go to my old town - about 75% of the population of people under the age of 30 is most likely to be swearing at the same time :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    If you're complaining about this in UK, you obviously haven't been to Australia.

I think a more important thought is if swear words have any value any more. I mean if 60% of people are swearing at any one given point in time, then what is the worth of the swear word anymore? It's as common as you use any other word...

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Socrates, more nearer 90% :eek:

Actually I don't like swearing myself :blushing: but today was one of them days...then to finish it off, one of my friends seriously has no road sense, and we were crossing the road and he was gonna go in front of a car, so I grabbed his arm and said 'don't do that you'll make me want to swear, then I'll want to f*****g cry'...then proceeded to cry in front of him Awww I had a bad day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gem)

Actually I don't like swearing myself :blushing: but today was one of them days...then to finish it off, one of my friends seriously has no road sense, and we were crossing the road and he was gonna go in front of a car, so I grabbed his arm and said 'don't do that you'll make me want to swear, then I'll want to f*****g cry'...then proceeded to cry in front of him Awww I had a bad day
    :hugs:

Aww, I'm sure you'll be fine. After all, tomorrow is another day. Another day closer to the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gem)

:hugs: oh hunni :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanks Socrates and trish xxx

Big hugs :hugs: You're right though, tomorrow is soooo near the weekend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nysh)
    If you're complaining about this in UK, you obviously haven't been to Australia.

I think a more important thought is if swear words have any value any more. I mean if 60% of people are swearing at any one given point in time, then what is the worth of the swear word anymore? It's as common as you use any other word...
    You haven't been to Pakistan-swearing's a hobby here...

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.