Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zooropa)
    What's wrong with eugenics? Chavs, ne'er do wells and scallies don't deserve to have children.
    ...and bores, bigots, trolls etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    What hasn't it got to do with this? I think it's quite obvious that someone taking it upon themselves to dictate not only the sex life of other people, but the right to life that individuals have in the first place, is going to have a hard time also following the ideas of a group of people that regularly draw scenarios up like that as examples of hell-on-earth.

How can you maximise individual freedom at the same time as sterilising "chavs" because you don't like the way they look or dress?

So?

and bores, bigots, trolls etc?
    Nothing wrong with bigotry.

ReputationRep:
    So?
    So.. you usually call yourself a libertarian. Do you still call yourself a libertarian despite wanting to throw people you don't like into gas chambers?

ReputationRep:
    Zooropa is hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacques Derrida)
    Zooropa is hilarious.
    What I can't make out is whether it's intentional or not!

ReputationRep:
    I’d argue a bit of both. If you browse the topics he has posted in the past, it varies. I mean this has to be an example of a clear piss take.

I think Zooropa knows well that people are going to become horrendously upset with his diabolical obstinacy, especially when you take into account that this forum is populated by a cross-section of Britain’s future intellectuals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    So.. you usually call yourself a libertarian. Do you still call yourself a libertarian despite wanting to throw people you don't like into gas chambers?
    Why is that your concern?

ReputationRep:
    Why is that your concern?
    Please answer the question.

ReputationRep:
    No, because it doesn't concern you.

You're an adult know, learn to live your own life and stop worrying about what other people think.

ReputationRep:

You're an adult know, learn to live your own life and stop worrying about what other people think.
    Since this is a debate it clearly is, after all, you were the one that posed the question.

ReputationRep:

This is debate forum. By nature, that involves other people's thoughts and ideas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juueru_chou)
    Since this is a debate it clearly is, after all, you were the one that posed the question.
    I only posed the question of eugenics. So it's eugenics that should be debated.

ReputationRep:
    I only posed the question of eugenics. So it's eugenics that should be debated.
    He was asking a question directly related to eugenics and how your views contrasted with your political position.

ReputationRep:
    So what if my views contrast?

How does that bother you?

ReputationRep:
    inconsistency bothers people. it shows a probable lack of logic behind ones arguments.

ReputationRep:
    No **** sherlock. Why should inconsistency on an internet forum bother YOU?

ReputationRep:
    No **** sherlock. Why should inconsistency on an internet forum bother YOU?
    So what's your point? I mean really, what is it?

ReputationRep:
    I've made my points in this thread.

Should I make a further point?

ReputationRep:
    I've made my points in this thread.

Should I make a further point?
    Please do.

ReputationRep:
    You can't make a further point unless you've made a point at all, actually.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 23, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.