The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by King_Blumpkins

Who gives a ****? As long as you are eating with decent manners, who cares which side you eat with.
Reply 2
It's just technically not the "right" way to hold your cutlery, but who really cares? My whole family does it that way apart from me - so I guess I'm the odd one.
I switch which hand I have my knife and fork in all the time. It doesn't really matter :dontknow:
If I am eating without a knife, then I hold my fork in right, otherwise, no. It's not very important to be honest.
Reply 5
I do it. I don't really care whether it's the correct way or not. It's the most comfortable for me.
I have it in my right hand. Who cares really? So long as it gets the job done you're set!
Yes it is.
Reply 8
Obviously eating with a fork in the left hand is too complicated for you. Typical sign of a commomner.
Reply 9
Original post by King_Blumpkins
i've done this for as long as I can remember and i've never came across anyone that also does this. But is it considered weird whenever someone does this? i'm constantly questioned whenever i'm having a meal and it bothers me to some degree.

I thought you should hold it with your right hand?
Why use your left hand to eat?
I find eating with your left hand to be odd.

If you eat with your right hand/fork in right hand, it seems perfectly normal to me!!
Ignore those that say it's odd or question you. Just say something like what's wrong with holding it in your right hand?

'Shut the fudge up and let me at!'

Simple.
I've always held it in my right hand. Dunno whether its odd, although my mother did used to try and make me put it in my left hand when I was younger, so maybe it is :dontknow:
Reply 11
I hold it in my right, its uncomfortable for me in the left
I mix it up. It's good to try and spice up your life sometimes, you know, living on the edge.
(edited 13 years ago)
If im just using a fork, then i use my right hand, but if its fork and knife then the "proper" way is to have fork in your left :smile:
Reply 14
I also switch my knife and fork so whatever I'm using is in my right hand :teehee:
Reply 15
I use my right hand too, it feels so weird in my left. Who cares? Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise, is probably stuck up there own arse! :wink:
Reply 16
WTF
Isn't it just like being right or left handed? Just do whatever works for you? I remember when I was little I really struggled with cutting up food. Turns out, I was just using the "wrong" hand for me and was fine once I switched hands.
Reply 18
Fork on its own will go in my right hand. If it needs some serious cutting, I'll use a knife in my right hand.
Reply 19
I always have my fork in the left.

If I ever have it in the right, or use it to cut food, I get shouted at for it being a "filthy American habit".

Latest

Trending

Trending