The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2340
Original post by Inzamam99
Thank you for the explanation beta :colonhash: I've always had a pretty negative view of the Indian media- way too conspiratorial and overdramatic- a bit like those crappy little dramas on Star Plus.

Have you ever watched star news :facepalm:
With all the peeeeshoooooo, peeeeshooooo noises...and going on about the same point for about an hour
Original post by Aky786UK
Yeah definitely. You should see their coverage when it comes to Bollywood, milking any small argument or even if there isn't any argument, they'll make one.

But yeah, some discussion on the pitch being prepared that the Indians could set up a green, batting pitch to suit their batters and hence why Akhtar would have to play for us if that's the case. They have Harbhajan, Ashwin and Yurvraj as their spin options so compared to Pakistan's, they aren't as good so they'd be happy with a batting pitch as long as our spinners were neutralised.

Also, a cheap plug to my blog where I've jotted up a piece on why Pakistan need to avoid nationalistic passion to beat India.

Great article mate, very well written although I suppose a better argument may be that the teams avoid being engulfed by nationalistic fervour- to a certain extent it may act a positive force. I agree with Akhtar playing and I also think Ajmal should be maintained- he has a very good record against India in the past.
Original post by haleem
Have you ever watched star news :facepalm:
With all the peeeeshoooooo, peeeeshooooo noises...and going on about the same point for about an hour

Oh my word yes and it's the same with the dramas as well. They go on about the same thing for about 50 episodes and whenever anything happens there's these peshoooo noises and they feel it necessary to zoom in on all the faces of the actors there. Pakistani dramas are actually (especially during the 1990's) so good and their our news channels are very good as well.
Original post by Straight up G
All tournament, I have been crying, hoping and praying that Pakistan will not have to play India. When we beat Australia, I was so, so happy that we wouldn't have to play them in the quarters. Most Pakistanis I know really, really wanted to play them, and I said no, again and again. We have a losing record against them in tournaments and they are a very strong outfit on home turf. After we've been drawn them, all you can do is be positive, and here it is;

-Our batsmen generally perform well against India. Kamran, Afridi, Misbah and Younus have all done well against them
-Hafeez and Kamran have shown signs of good form, the middle order is robust, and Akmal, Afridi and Razzaq are made to bat on Indian pitches against Indian bowlers
-We have the best bowling attack in the tournament. Every single angle is covered, from left arm spin to right arm swing and every type of bowler is represented; young, consistent, experienced, line and length, explosive
-Afridi has been the best player at the tournament by a distance, and will relish playing India
-Gul has played well against India and is the form fast bowler in the world
-Though they have beaten us four times before in World Cups, this run has to end some time
-We have been the best team in the tournament to date
-We have got further than most expected, and have already surpassed what our aim was at the start
-The captaincy is balanced and effective
-India's batting has collapsed massively 4 times in this tournament
-Only Sachin and Yuvraj are really in form. Viru is living off one big innings against
Bangladesh, Gambhir has done nothing, Dhoni has done nothing, Kohli has been average and Raina sub-par
-Their bowling attack is poor. Very poor. Harbhajan has been awful against us, and Zaheer's average and economy rate is poor against us
-We have a winning record against India in the last ten years, and all time
-This is a new Pakistan outfit, with new leaders, new seniors and new players. None of the laziness and prima donna attitudes that were associated with the old teams
remain
-The Pakistani fielding is as good as it has ever been, being fantastic against the Aussies

Some interesting points there but you have made out India to be a poor side- Pakistan haven't bowled yet to a side with as strong a batting line up as India and our bowling is better than you describe it. Gambhir has had some solid games for us, Raina performed well in the quarters and Kohli can hit form any time. India are a much more experienced side than Pakistan and it's too early to start rating the new guys that have come into your side.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Straight up G
All tournament, I have been crying, hoping and praying that Pakistan will not have to play India. When we beat Australia, I was so, so happy that we wouldn't have to play them in the quarters. Most Pakistanis I know really, really wanted to play them, and I said no, again and again. We have a losing record against them in tournaments and they are a very strong outfit on home turf. After we've been drawn them, all you can do is be positive, and here it is;

-Our batsmen generally perform well against India. Kamran, Afridi, Misbah and Younus have all done well against them
-Hafeez and Kamran have shown signs of good form, the middle order is robust, and Akmal, Afridi and Razzaq are made to bat on Indian pitches against Indian bowlers
-We have the best bowling attack in the tournament. Every single angle is covered, from left arm spin to right arm swing and every type of bowler is represented; young, consistent, experienced, line and length, explosive
-Afridi has been the best player at the tournament by a distance, and will relish playing India
-Gul has played well against India and is the form fast bowler in the world
-Though they have beaten us four times before in World Cups, this run has to end some time
-We have been the best team in the tournament to date
-We have got further than most expected, and have already surpassed what our aim was at the start
-The captaincy is balanced and effective
-India's batting has collapsed massively 4 times in this tournament
-Only Sachin and Yuvraj are really in form. Viru is living off one big innings against Bangladesh, Gambhir has done nothing, Dhoni has done nothing, Kohli has been average and Raina sub-par
-Their bowling attack is poor. Very poor. Harbhajan has been awful against us, and Zaheer's average and economy rate is poor against us
-We have a winning record against India in the last ten years, and all time
-This is a new Pakistan outfit, with new leaders, new seniors and new players. None of the laziness and prima donna attitudes that were associated with the old teams remain
-The Pakistani fielding is as good as it has ever been, being fantastic against the Aussies

I've been talking to my (white) friends at training and enlightened them with the following predictions (which they violently disagreed with lol):

- Zaheer and Harbhajan on the Indian side will struggle. I predict figures of 10-0-50-2 for Zaheer and 10-0-70-1 for Bhajji.
- Afridi will not be as successful as he was against the Sri Lankans and WI.
- Younis and Misbah will bat faster than one thinks.
- Finally and this is a very risky predicition- I think Umar will get a century if he gets in before the 27/28th over.
- Finally the most successful Indian bowler might just be Munaf Patel.
guess whos going to mohali :wink:

we better win lol

Ahmedabad was just amazing; the noise was ridiculous!
Original post by Vazzyb

we better win lol

Are you? lucky xD
yeah it was really difficult getting tickets but got them at 10000 rs in the end
getting to the stadium is diffcult too, u have to take a flight to delhi and then get to chandigarh
i really hope that they dont use tear gas or something, if trouble breaks out

:lolz::lolz:

Oh, and I like ure sig btw
Original post by Vazzyb

we better win lol

*so jealous*

Have fun and dammit India better win! I think we have the talent to win and hopefully they make us proud.
Oh my word yes and it's the same with the dramas as well. They go on about the same thing for about 50 episodes and whenever anything happens there's these peshoooo noises and they feel it necessary to zoom in on all the faces of the actors there. Pakistani dramas are actually (especially during the 1990's) so good and their our news channels are very good as well.

More like DADHAN DADHAN *X1000 ZOOM*
Original post by ibysaiyan
More like DADHAN DADHAN *X1000 ZOOM*

So true lol, Pakistani dramas are so much better. This one in particular I would day is better than even shows such as 24 that I have watched in the UK:

http://pakistanica.com/tv/tanhaiyan/
Original post by usycool1
:lolz::lolz:

Oh, and I like ure sig btw

Thank you very much usy boy :biggrin:
So true lol, Pakistani dramas are so much better. This one in particular I would day is better than even shows such as 24 that I have watched in the UK:

I don't watch Tv shows but I must say pakistani version are light years ahead of the usual ' DADHAN DAADHAN' for they depict what actually happens in reality rather than the usual 'Mahabharat' story underlined in almost every show on star plus.

ROFL
Reply 2355

Paki dramas > Indian dramas

Indian films > Paki films
Original post by haleem
Paki dramas > Indian dramas

Indian films > Paki films

Agreed :colone:

Great videos, especially enjoyed the Mission Surprise one :bhangra:
Agreed :colone:

Paki films remind me of : BUDDA GUJJAR!!!!!!!1
LMFAO

Talking about that clip MAN IMRAN FOR THE PRESIDENT!!! WTF IS ZARDARI : WHY JUST WHY :frown:((
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest