man won lottery and killed after being hit by a car while crossing street to cash in Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
When you think about it in the context of what has he gained or lost, you can clearly see that he is unlucky, as he is much worse off that he was before either event occured (ie. he's dead).
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i suppose it still meant his money went to his next of kin, so maybe if he was old or suffering from a disease anyway he would be more luicky than unlucky.
caz
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
i suppose it still meant his money went to his next of kin, so maybe if he was old or suffering from a disease anyway he would be more luicky than unlucky.
ya it was only $57,000 tho...so...perhaps it wasnt worth it
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
ya it was only $57,000 tho...so...perhaps it wasnt worth it
it's not like he knew he was going to get run over, so how can you say it wasn't worth it?
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
it's not like he knew he was going to get run over, so how can you say it wasn't worth it?
You can only really say it was worth it in hindsight, and I don't hear the man saying anything along those lines at the moment.
caz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sire)
You can only really say it was worth it in hindsight, and I don't hear the man saying anything along those lines at the moment.
just ignore elpaw he has no common sense
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
just ignore elpaw he has no common sense
elpaw has plenty of common sense
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
The only way it "wouldn't have been worth it" is if he somehow knew he was taking a big risk in crossing the road.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
The only way it "wouldn't have been worth it" is if he somehow knew he was taking a big risk in crossing the road.
*chuckles* crossing the road is always a risk, especially if the traffic is enough to cause the death of a fully grown man who should know to look left and right before crossing. Then again I guess he may have been a be euphoric and in a rush. Some things are easily forgotten.
young_free
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
*chuckles* crossing the road is always a risk, especially if the traffic is enough to cause the death of a fully grown man who should know to look left and right before crossing. Then again I guess he may have been a be euphoric and in a rush. Some things are easily forgotten.

*true story* a woman who was pronounced dead was having her funeral outdoors, she was in fact alive and on waking up became so shocked and frightened that she burst open the coffin and ran away, she was almost immediately hit by a car and died. It happened back when medical equipment wasnt sufficient enough to tell when a person was REALLY dead i suppose.

Stuff like that reminds me of that alanis morrissette song "ironic"
caz
Rep:
?
(Original post by young_free)
*true story* a woman who was pronounced dead was having her funeral outdoors, she was in fact alive and on waking up became so shocked and frightened that she burst open the coffin and ran away, she was almost immediately hit by a car and died. It happened back when medical equipment wasnt sufficient enough to tell when a person was REALLY dead i suppose.

lol
MC
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by young_free)

serves her right the stupid lune.
caz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
serves her right the stupid lune.
um she was in a coffin about to be buried alive u idiot
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
It certainly would freak anyone out I reckon. Just imagine it. "and we cast ole Smithy here into the ground from whence he came and... Smithy? SMITHY? SSSMMMIIITTTHHHYYY!!!! Come back here young man, your time has come." *WHAM* "And once again we attempt to cast young Smithy here into the ground. He led a good life, always jumping up to have another crack at things. You just couldn't keep him down."
caz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sire)
It certainly would freak anyone out I reckon. Just imagine it. "and we cast ole Smithy here into the ground from whence he came and... Smithy? SMITHY? SSSMMMIIITTTHHHYYY!!!! Come back here young man, your time has come." *WHAM* "And once again we attempt to cast young Smithy here into the ground. He led a good life, always jumping up to have another crack at things. You just couldn't keep him down."
im gonna give u some rep for that just bcuz it made me laugh
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
so, the question is, is he luckier than he is unlucky?...true story by the way, just happened
i read the book on tht called lucky numbers.wasnt his bonus number 48 and he was hit by the number 48 bus
MC
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
i am fully aware...thanks anyway though, u *******.
caz
Rep:
?
(Original post by eric bischoff)
i read the book on tht called lucky numbers.wasnt his bonus number 48 and he was hit by the number 48 bus
i think it just happened, so if u read a book probably not, but then again the news always reports old stories and makes u think otherwise...tricky *******s
caz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
i am fully aware...thanks anyway though, u *******.
thats the spirit
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
im gonna give u some rep for that just bcuz it made me laugh
aww cheers caz. I was quite impressed with myself on that one. I'm rather tired, but I couldn't resist posting that for some reason.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (244)
61.93%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.57%
No- I want it (106)
26.9%
No- I don't want it (26)
6.6%

Watched Threads