The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

University of Warwick Law Firmers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi everyone :smile:
Went to the Open Day today and LOVED it, visiting Nottingham next week and need to decide between the two, but at the moment I am 99% sure I'll be firming Warwick very soon!
Has anyone visited Nottingham recently, or deciding between Notts and Warwick as well?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 41
Original post by *BB*
Aww :frown: Mine hasn't been marked externally but my teacher said it's a 'very high A'... good job really seeing as though I'm fast-tracking History - one shot!
What's your investigative piece?

Investigative piece? One was on the significance of Martin Luther King in advancing the civil rights movements in the short term, the other was the role of individuals in general in advancing civils rights compared to other things :smile:

Well mine was 47/50 raw marks when it was sent off, so A, came back C :/ Inflated marking across the country it seems. We'll see though.
Reply 42
Original post by Krydel
Investigative piece? One was on the significance of Martin Luther King in advancing the civil rights movements in the short term, the other was the role of individuals in general in advancing civils rights compared to other things :smile:

Well mine was 47/50 raw marks when it was sent off, so A, came back C :/ Inflated marking across the country it seems. We'll see though.

Ahh I see.. :frown: I'm sure it'll be okay :smile: Let me know what happens! What exam board are you with?
My first piece was on how far did the people of Nazi Germany consent to what happened and the investigative piece is on 'Was Hitler a 'weak dictator'?' What is your final exam on?
Reply 43
Original post by *BB*
Ahh I see.. :frown: I'm sure it'll be okay :smile: Let me know what happens! What exam board are you with?
My first piece was on how far did the people of Nazi Germany consent to what happened and the investigative piece is on 'Was Hitler a 'weak dictator'?' What is your final exam on?

Edexcel...we've had nothing but trouble from them! Unit 1 exam everybody apart from me and another girl who go As got a U :eek:, Unit 2 didn't go brilliantly, though that's fine now as i got 100% in the resit :wink:.

Final exam is historical controversies option D2, will be on 'Saving Europe at a cost?" or something similar - cover WW2, appeasement, controversies over battle of britain / battle of atlantic and such.

What's your exam board?

How did you with results this march, or didn't you have any?
Reply 44
Original post by elle93
Hi everyone :smile:
Went to the Open Day today and LOVED it, visiting Nottingham next week and need to decide between the two, but at the moment I am 99% sure I'll be firming Warwick very soon!
Has anyone visited Nottingham recently, or deciding between Notts and Warwick as well?

Hii, I was there too :smile:
I was in love with Nottingham and I really wanted to go there, but I got rejected... and after getting rejected from Cambridge, Warwick was my next (and third) choice. Nottingham rejecting me was the best thing that could've happened - Warwick is so much better than Nottingham. The law school is a little larger (physically) than Warwick but the Warwick approach beats Nottingham hands down, plus Warwick is higher in league tables (if you're interested in that kinda thing). Nottingham is a nice campus but not as large as Warwick. I think overall Warwick is more uniform in it's higher offers for courses than Nottingham. And both campuses have a lake! (<-- this impresses me :P ) Nottingham is closer to the city but it's not right near it's centre and obviously Warwick is kinda floating between Coventry and Warwick.
When I got rejected from Notts a friend said to me 'It'll work out for the best.. my sister wanted to do her LLB at York but ended up at her third choice Uni.. when she went for an interview at a top law firm they said 'We wouldn't have looked twice if you'd been to York''. So far she's been right... :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by Krydel
Edexcel...we've had nothing but trouble from them! Unit 1 exam everybody apart from me and another girl who go As got a U :eek:, Unit 2 didn't go brilliantly, though that's fine now as i got 100% in the resit :wink:.

Final exam is historical controversies option D2, will be on 'Saving Europe at a cost?" or something similar - cover WW2, appeasement, controversies over battle of britain / battle of atlantic and such.

What's your exam board?

How did you with results this march, or didn't you have any?

Unit 1 and 2 = great results! Congrats :smile:
My exam board is OCR, exam is on Ireland 1798-1921... very interesting actually.
And ahhhh, um, yeah about those. B (one off an A!) in Law... meaning I need 72/120 for an A overall in June so happy with that! In Politics... 54/100 D :angry: everyone else got As, Bs and Cs.. I was gutted, I revised SO HARD! Same thing happened in Politics in Jan last year but I resat it and got 84/100. I'm resitting it cos it would mean I need like 96/100 in June for an A. Basically I need 142/200 for an A in Politics so it shouldn't be that hard! I don't know what went wrong in that exam but I am getting the paper back to have a look at it, I think it may have been my technique but I'm still fairly confident at getting AAA. :smile: How did you do? :smile:
Where were you sat in the lecture theatre today? Would I have spoken to you?! :P
Reply 46
Original post by *BB*
Unit 1 and 2 = great results! Congrats :smile:
My exam board is OCR, exam is on Ireland 1798-1921... very interesting actually.
And ahhhh, um, yeah about those. B (one off an A!) in Law... meaning I need 72/120 for an A overall in June so happy with that! In Politics... 54/100 D :angry: everyone else got As, Bs and Cs.. I was gutted, I revised SO HARD! Same thing happened in Politics in Jan last year but I resat it and got 84/100. I'm resitting it cos it would mean I need like 96/100 in June for an A. Basically I need 142/200 for an A in Politics so it shouldn't be that hard! I don't know what went wrong in that exam but I am getting the paper back to have a look at it, I think it may have been my technique but I'm still fairly confident at getting AAA. :smile: How did you do? :smile:
Where were you sat in the lecture theatre today? Would I have spoken to you?! :P

Sorry to hear about the politics - it must be technique or question misunderstanding more than anything, if you revised loads i can't see how content could have been 'wrong' :smile:.

Nice position to be in for Law at least eh? :biggrin:

I was not on the open day today :colondollar: I went on the 23rd April i believe, first one i could get to :colone:

My results were Politics A (84/100), History unit 2 resit A (100/100) and History Coursework 53/80 (66.25%, high C). Not too shabby

Means in my final exams i need a mid-D in Politics, a B in History (if the coursework was to remain unchanged, that is) and either an A and a C in english or two Bs. Not too much pressure, but a B isn't easy either.

Good luck to us both, i say. :smile: :biggrin:
Reply 47
Original post by *BB*
Hey, yeah I was there today. So sorry for the late reply, I've been inundated with college work and coursework and revision and just everything!! I love, love, love Warwick so much!!

What did you think? :smile:

have FIRMED warwick - thought open day was awesome + cant wait to start!
Reply 48
Original post by L_Belle
have FIRMED warwick - thought open day was awesome + cant wait to start!

Yayy! Welcome to the thread!
Reply 49
Original post by Krydel
Sorry to hear about the politics - it must be technique or question misunderstanding more than anything, if you revised loads i can't see how content could have been 'wrong' :smile:.

Nice position to be in for Law at least eh? :biggrin:

I was not on the open day today :colondollar: I went on the 23rd April i believe, first one i could get to :colone:

My results were Politics A (84/100), History unit 2 resit A (100/100) and History Coursework 53/80 (66.25%, high C). Not too shabby

Means in my final exams i need a mid-D in Politics, a B in History (if the coursework was to remain unchanged, that is) and either an A and a C in english or two Bs. Not too much pressure, but a B isn't easy either.

Good luck to us both, i say. :smile: :biggrin:

Definitely :biggrin:
Nice results there, and yep, good luck!!! :biggrin:
Reply 50
On the original post I've created a list of everyone who has declared themselves to be a Warwick Law firmer. I think everyone is for the M100 course so I've put everyone under that but if not please let me know and I'll add your Law course on. Also, if you haven't been added on or have firmed somewhere else please let me know so I can amend it accordingly.
Also, if you want to let me know your insurance choice (if you have one) I'll put that in brackets next to your name.

Reply 51
Original post by Roweena37
Hi, I'm an international student firming Warwick to do M100.
Really excited to got there, hope I make the grade =)

Hello! Oooh an international :smile: Where from? :smile:
Have you been to Warwick?
Welcome to the thread.
Reply 52
Original post by *BB*
On the original post I've created a list of everyone who has declared themselves to be a Warwick Law firmer. I think everyone is for the M100 course so I've put everyone under that but if not please let me know and I'll add your Law course on. Also, if you haven't been added on or have firmed somewhere else please let me know so I can amend it accordingly.
Also, if you want to let me know your insurance choice (if you have one) I'll put that in brackets next to your name.

I'm for European Law (French stream) :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by catalina18
I'm for European Law (French stream) :smile:

Hey, sorry about that, there you go, all done :smile:
Reply 54
I seem to be alone in the list... do I have any friends out there?
Reply 55
Original post by catalina18
I seem to be alone in the list... do I have any friends out there?

Only a few of us seem to be active on this thread! Hope our law socials won't be this quiet!!! :wink:
Reply 56
Hey fellas!! Which uni would you prefer to study Law at: Warwick, Bristol or Queen Mary?
Reply 57
Seeing as though this is the Warwick Law Firmers thread, i'm gonna go with Warwick :wink:
Gonna firm Warwick and put Trent as my insurance. My offer is AAAD for Law in my 4 A-Levels.
Reply 59
Going to firm Warwick, but haven't decided to put which uni as my insurance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending