Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to do a film degree, but the points I have are crap, have I messed up my chances of Uni? I can't seem to find a degree which has the points I have.

ReputationRep:
    Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College will accept people with only 120 UCAS points for film studies.

Sure, you won't be going to Oxford with those numbers, but I'm in a similar boat as you, you just have to make the most of the grades you have.

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with 220? I think it's pretty good! I only got 200 and was let into Kent to do English!

ReputationRep:
    I only got 270 myself. The average at my college was 96 so you did well to get 220.

I got a good degree and lived happily ever after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britgal05)
    I want to do a film degree, but the points I have are crap, have I messed up my chances of Uni? I can't seem to find a degree which has the points I have.
    My friend is at Staffordshire studying film and he really likes it. Their typical offer is 220:

http://www.staffs.ac.uk/courses/unde...cm11012064.php

ReputationRep:
    I think even Oxford would allow you in with 220 points for Film Studies... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    I think even Oxford would allow you in with 220 points for Film Studies... :p:
    Yep at Brookes College

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried Roehampton? I think 220 might be good enough to do film there, as well. And how about Kingson?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I checked, at Roehampton you'd need 260 for single honours film, but 220 for combined.

At Kingston it's 220 for single honours and for combined 180-240, depending on combinations. You do have a couple of unis to choose from, really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Yep at Brookes College
    It's the Early Learning Centre, thank you very much!

Just kidding, I actually have friends there before anyone gets annoyed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iscariot)
    Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College will accept people with only 120 UCAS points for film studies.

Sure, you won't be going to Oxford with those numbers, but I'm in a similar boat as you, you just have to make the most of the grades you have.
    What points do you need for Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    www.ucas.co.uk

I'll summarise the website for you, it's where you can find out about what universities offer what courses and what the entry requirements are. It's also the portal for applying to universities within the UK. Pay it a visit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    What points do you need for Oxford?
    Typically, 360.

ReputationRep:
    Beekeeper -
    I think even Oxford would allow you in with 220 points for Film Studies...
    Well Warwick ask for at least AABb for Film studies, and every fresher on the degree last year achieved AAA. That's more than the majority of students at a amore mediocre institution such as, say, Sheffield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britgal05)
    Have you tried Canterbury Christ Church? They accept people with 180 points!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.