Turn on thread page Beta

Tights and high heel sandals? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of this? They seem to do this a lot in magazines and stuff but I'm wondering if it 'works' in real life :P See the attached pic for an example, altho i really don't like her shoes.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't look particularly good to me, but i'm a bloke: what do I know?! lol

ReputationRep:
    You need the right kind of legs to pull it off. If you have chubby legs/thighs it draws attention to it, however I think it looks quite nice otherwise if you have the figure for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iscariot)
    You need the right kind of legs to pull it off. If you have chubby legs/thighs it draws attention to it, however I think it looks quite nice otherwise if you have the figure for it.
    Absolutely.

You must have excellent legs, and also choose wisely - dark tights and closed toe sandals ie mary janes (which are back with a vengence this season) work well.
    Strappy sandals and cerise tights are not cool. (take notes `fashion` students at Leeds Uni, Iv seen you!!) :p:

ReputationRep:
    HMMMM...........i think it can easily be pulled off..but u got to do it rite...n have the legs :-)

ReputationRep:
    K thx guys Btw what are cerise tights? I've never heard of them before

ReputationRep:
    i think it loos good
    might try that sometimes actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frappuccino)
    K thx guys Btw what are cerise tights? I've never heard of them before
    Cerise is a deep, bright shade of pink. But it was just an example - in this scenario, any type of coloured tights is unacceptable!!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I have worn high heels with black 60 denier opaque tights ,however the problem with wearing heels like those with Tights is that they completely destroy the tights ,as you are virtually standing on your toes putting all the pressure on them, so the feet ladder like crazy!!

ReputationRep:
    I dont really like it. but i think footless tights with heels looks cool on some people.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It's OK, as long as the tights aren't inside out or full of holes

ReputationRep:
    I like it i think it looks cool, in fact im wearin it 4 a party tht im going 2. may hav 2 go wiv the legwarmers aswell depending on how cold it is tho

ReputationRep:
    I think it looks awful, as well as the top on that pic.

ReputationRep:
    Yeuch!
    Plus if you wear opaque tights in a dressy situation people will think you've got hairy legs. Gross!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    It's OK, as long as the tights aren't inside out or full of holes
    Lol, i hate it when people wear tights that are all ripped up.

I love the patterened pink tights you get, not opaque though, they are fairly thin, but theyd look good with the feet cut off and a short skirt with some high heels.

ReputationRep:
    Tight and shoes is an absolute no no but hell what do I know I'm not soem fashion guru!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with opaque tights and high heels!!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    urg!
    no dont do that!
    its like wearing socks with sandals but worse!

ReputationRep:
    I reckon it depends how you work the look.

Patterned, cut-off or coloured tights look less school-girl than plain blacks and make it clear that you're making a choice rather than being forced to wear tights because of the cold. I think you should have the majority of the foot covered, so you don't have to see the ugly bit where the tights go over the toes. And of course, the rest of the outfit matters. The OP's picture didn't really work, there was too much going on: brown shoes, black tights, denim knee-length skirt, lace, more black, crossover bag. It was the fashion version of spagetti. I'd like to see a more clean look, where the tights/shoes become the high point of the outfit, rather than dragging it down.

I've just bought a pair of very thin tights with big emroidery on them, so it looks like you've just got embroidery, which I'm going to wear with a pair of peep-toe platforms.

ReputationRep:
    yes brilliant!!! i love it!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.