Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    opaque tights + peep toe high heels = yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karina)
    Nothing wrong with opaque tights and high heels!!
    LOL. The guy in the background of the pic looks like he's heartily laughing at the Salvation Army...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mata)
    I reckon it depends how you work the look.

Patterned, cut-off or coloured tights look less school-girl than plain blacks and make it clear that you're making a choice rather than being forced to wear tights because of the cold. I think you should have the majority of the foot covered, so you don't have to see the ugly bit where the tights go over the toes. And of course, the rest of the outfit matters. The OP's picture didn't really work, there was too much going on: brown shoes, black tights, denim knee-length skirt, lace, more black, crossover bag. It was the fashion version of spagetti. I'd like to see a more clean look, where the tights/shoes become the high point of the outfit, rather than dragging it down.

I've just bought a pair of very thin tights with big emroidery on them, so it looks like you've just got embroidery, which I'm going to wear with a pair of peep-toe platforms.
    Oh so well put!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frappuccino)
    Oh so well put!
    Thankyou, mwahaha.

Although someone gave me a neg rep (anonymous) for that post. What offence there can be in tights and heels I've no idea. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i personally dont like the look but thats just me, i agree with the person who said its like wearing socks with sandals lol. i think tights are best with closed toe shoes, only my opinion though

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.