This discussion is closed.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
With DVDs costing so much compared to videos, and distributors saying this is due to "special features" that are not seen in videos, would you pay video-prices to get a DVD which only had the film on it, with no crappy commentaries or documentaries on them?
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
With DVDs costing so much compared to videos, and distributors saying this is due to "special features" that are not seen in videos, would you pay video-prices to get a DVD which only had the film on it, with no crappy commentaries or documentaries on them?
no, http://www.lovefilm.com

Its what I use.
EI_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
Yes, all that extra **** could go away ...
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes - but mainly because I hate having to crawl around behind the telly to rearrange the scart plugs to watch a video.

Plus I get my dvd's from http://www.play.com and they're hardly extortionate
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No no dvds are cheap look at www.kelkoo.co.uk and search for it i prefer getting dvds to videos because of scene selections and backstage stuff
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nafisa)
No no dvds are cheap look at www.kelkoo.co.uk and search for it i prefer getting dvds to videos because of scene selections and backstage stuff
I usually get my stuff from CD WOW which is very good if your products are under 20 pounds, but for some reason every thing they sell has to go up by two pounds in price soon.
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
you could pirate them?

what you've got to remember is that all the stuff they have on as 'extras' on dvds, like additional scenes, is all the crap they left on the cutting room floor when they were editing, deciding it wasnt important enough. then they stick it back in, call it the directors cut, repackage it and rerelease it for £18!

good scam, huh?
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
i just buy them

dont care about bonus except deleted scenes
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (151)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.44%
No- I want it (69)
27.82%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.85%

Watched Threads