Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hiya well i was wondering how do you curl your hair wid the straightners. i know ya can do it with ghds but i wanna do it to my hair 4 tomoz night and i dont have ghds, can i do it wid my straightners and how do you do it? cheers xxx

ReputationRep:
    Right erm its not that easy, my hairdresser did it for me and it looked great and i tried myself and got into a pickle, i ended up buying a curl styler. So i'd reccomend practising before the day. You just get a small piece of hair, then sort of curl it round your straightners, hold it for a second then pull it down, then lots of hairspray!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlemisssarah)
    hiya well i was wondering how do you curl your hair wid the straightners. i know ya can do it with ghds but i wanna do it to my hair 4 tomoz night and i dont have ghds, can i do it wid my straightners and how do you do it? cheers xxx
    There was a thread a bit further down (well it was ages ago) which had a video about curling your hair with ghds, so go look for that.
    Otherwise, you hold a lock of hair out from your head, start from the top with the straighteners and just kind of twist them round and you get a ringlet. It's hard to explain!

ReputationRep:
    Its hard to explain but really easy to do, and the effects are much better than you would get with curling tongs!

x

ReputationRep:
    My straighteners aren't GHDs but they do this great.

Have a practice run today if possible, because there is a knack to it.

Put your straighteners on for a while, make sure they are very hot - you won't be able to do the same section of hair twice if the straigteners aren't quite hot enough first time around.

Put some styling spray or mousse in your hair while its damp, then use the hairdryer to rough dry your hair until it is fully dry.

Get a section of hair, about an inch-ish thick (although bit less if your hair is thick) and clamp between your straighteners fractionally below the root.

Twist the straighteners 180 degrees, (at least - try a three quarter turn if you are flexible enough at the wrist!!) then hold firm and pull down on the section of hair, pull it away from you head slightly.

Dont touch the section of hair until it has completely cooled or you will knock the curl out.

LOTS of hairspray!!

And don't worry too much, the point of this style is that it looks a bit ditzy and random, so its an ideal starting point as you cant really mess it up too much! But make sure you get the back sections of hair - my little brother picks the straight bits out for me so I can grab them!!

Have fun at the party

ReputationRep:
    my hair dressed does it differently she kinda curls my hair up round her finger and clamps it with the straightners - she takes her finger out first tho

ReputationRep:
    You aorta put your straightners under neath your section hair, wrap the section of hair around your straightners once and then pull all the way down. I watched a demo at the clothes show last yr but i found it really hard so i just brought sum babyliss curlers but then i found tht i dnt even need em 2 get my hair curly bcos it just is naturally.

ReputationRep:
    i thought they were called straighteners for a reason... to straighten the hair...

ReputationRep:
    i thought they were called straighteners for a reason... to straighten the hair...
    They are multi-talented

ReputationRep:
    best way is to section off into tiny sections, twist the section til really tight then spary with hairspray and wind around a curling iron. hold until you think it is doen. this took my sister 3 hours to do to my hair but it looked FAAAAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelrainbow32)
    You aorta put your straightners under neath your section hair, wrap the section of hair around your straightners once and then pull all the way down. I watched a demo at the clothes show last yr but i found it really hard so i just brought sum babyliss curlers but then i found tht i dnt even need em 2 get my hair curly bcos it just is naturally.
    You didn't realise your hair was naturally curly? What, did you just not notice?

ReputationRep:
    cheers to all who replied will have a play later on!! 3hours though ahhhh !!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.