The Student Room Group

girl, never had a bf, aged 27 - 30. why is this a 'red flag'?

why is it more socially acceptable for folks to have have had like 27 - 30 bfs or even be divorced at that age than to have always been single?
alot of guys say if they knew a gal who was in this age range and had never had a bf that it would be a 'red flag' in dating.

what does this mean? why is it bad? if you never met the right person, you just never met the right person right?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Your outlook on life is insane.
No guy in his thirties wants a girlfriend with the relationship experience of a toddler.

Edit: This seems to be sparking a lot of controversy, and the people who have replied are largely arguing that they'd rather have someone experienced than some slut. May I point out right here that I did not say anything about sex, merely about relationships (what do you want in life, who does the toilet cleaning, what defines a good boyfriend, is it acceptable to talk about your feelings, what can you and what can't you do to your partner, how do people change over the years, blah dee blah dee blah)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
i want to have sex with over 150 hot women by the time im 22.
Reply 4
it screams "future crazy cat lady"
Reply 5
doubt i'd be talking to someone like that, because essentially they'd look like they'd fallen out the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way
Reply 6
Err probably because they would assume that you had some sort of bad trait that had stopped you getting into relationships all these years, no matter how much you say that it was a choice.
Just lie and say you have been in relationships?
Original post by shinytoy
why is it more socially acceptable for folks to have have had like 27 - 30 bfs or even be divorced at that age than to have always been single?
alot of guys say if they knew a gal who was in this age range and had never had a bf that it would be a 'red flag' in dating.

what does this mean? why is it bad? if you never met the right person, you just never met the right person right?

Shiny are you 27-30 and have never had a bf before?
Reply 8
yeah definitely a red flag!!....i mean not one relationship and your 27??????? like wdf?!....i'm so sure you would have suitors asking you out and stuff?!...and if not then there is something wrong...and anyone that says otherwise....is lying!...

...i strongly would advice anyone who is touching 30 and never had a relationship to evaluate herself in terms of characteristics...what do you possess or what features do you have that are not attractive...etc etc
Reply 9
Original post by Rfc_07
doubt i'd be talking to someone like that, because essentially they'd look like they'd fallen out the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way

This.

Original post by whitepearlbaby
No guy in his thirties wants a girlfriend with the relationship experience of a toddler.

And this.

At that age, you wouldn't want the responsibility of teaching someone how a relationship works, I think I would feel far too uncomfortable and a lot more mature.
Are you joking? I can understand never having been in a relationship at 18... but having never been in a relationship aged 30 implies something a bit stranger than simply never finding the right person. I mean you've had by far enough life experience by then. If a girl ever told me aged 30 they'd never been in a relationship it just really implies they have some major social problem. I'm not trying to be harsh here, just honest, that how society works.
Well, I know a girl who sings and talks to herself openly, and she has had a boyfriend for a few years now. So, if you have managed 27-30 years with no relationship experience at all.. then you have to be pretty darn strange...
Reply 12
Original post by whitepearlbaby

I would much sooner have this. It's better than having the town bike who's worked her way through every male within a 100 mile radius.
Reply 13
I would be thinking you must be like Sue Sylvester to have gone that long!
I would expect to be married by then. Although it's not weird if you believe in no sex/relationship before marriage.
Reply 15
Bit wierd...

I wondered this for a while and whilst I do know some guys who have told me that they wouldn't be able to handle a girl whose had many other relationships, Im only 18 and think that by the time a guy is that age he too would be morr relaxed about it all... Most guys ive spoken to see it is a reflection of the girl, there must be some reason why and if its not that nobody wants her, its that she has different beliefs to them (celibacy for religious reasons for example) which Im sure wouldnt matter if they really loved you but....

If this is a personal thread, I do have friends who I know would see past this and be willing to 'teach' an inexperienced partner, its just finding these people!

If I liked the girl, it wouldn't bother me. I would definitely be quite surprised though. I imagine when you get to that age, it is assumed that everyone has had a relationship of some kind.
Reply 18
In todays society, especially with people being allowed to be in relationships from a young age and legally allowed to have sex after 16, most people in general end up finding partners and experiencing relationships long before that age

Original post by bacforever3

If this is a personal thread, I do have friends who I know would see past this and be willing to 'teach' an inexperienced partner, its just finding these people!

This. Not everyone is the same about it!
Reply 19
Original post by BenjyK
Err probably because they would assume that you had some sort of bad trait that had stopped you getting into relationships all these years, no matter how much you say that it was a choice.
Just lie and say you have been in relationships?

why would they assume that though? i mean, any girl can put on a miniskirt and get a buch of dudes interested.
i do always lie and say ive has 3 serious relatioships

Rfc_07

not really, i know some ugly gals who are always in relationships - they are just a) not fussy and will take anyone, b)well easy and c)desperate.
whereas i personally have modelled for two agencies professionally, and am slim size 6 latina lady. but i have only ever met two guys i truly liked - one was incapable of being monogamous and didnt respect my religious beliefs, the other moved abroad. and i know a few other gals who are on track to becoming the same way, but they are ertainly not ugly just independant and not desperate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending