Highest number of posts in a thread? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
What is your highest number of posts in any one thread? I have a feeling that people might start quoting numbers from the word association thread, but it would be interesting to know the highest from other thread. You can check you number of posts per thread by hovering the mouse over the envelope at the side of the thread. The envelope with the black dot in the centre of it.
My highest number of posts in any one thread is 665 on the HP ultimate discussion thread.
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
What is your highest number of posts in any one thread? I have a feeling that people might start quoting numbers from the word association thread, but it would be interesting to know the highest from other thread. You can check you number of posts per thread by hovering the mouse over the envelope at the side of the thread. The envelope with the black dot in the centre of it.
My highest number of posts in any one thread is 665 on the HP ultimate discussion thread.
if i just flood this thread and try and make a high number, does that still count?
EI_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)

665 posts... the word ultimate was a joke I guess.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Mine is twenty in the Is there ... thread.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Click the 'replies' button on the main thread screen and it will list the threads in order of size.

My highest on one thread was the 'Voting Intentions' thread (200).
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Erm,

100 in the Story thread a while ago, unless it got deleted, I had a quick go at finding it and can't seem to be able to.

What's the point of posting hundreds in one thread? It'll all get deleted.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Erm,

100 in the Story thread a while ago, unless it got deleted, I had a quick go at finding it and can't seem to be able to.

Actually it hasn't, at least that's my opinion.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Erm,

>90 in the Story thread a while ago, unless it got deleted, I had a quick go at finding it and can't seem to be able to.

Well so far, the HP thread has had a few hitches, but it's satyed, and hopefully will do for a while.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Well so far, the HP thread has had a few hitches, but it's satyed, and hopefully will do for a while.
I hope that the word association thread is deleted eventually (wait until it gets absolutely huge, though, just to be vindictive).
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I've taught you well my young apprentice hehe. My highest is just over 160 in the Harry Potter thread.
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr White)
I hope that the word association thread is deleted eventually (wait until it gets absolutely huge, though, just to be vindictive).
Exactly why I've only posted 16 times on that thread, so it wouldn't affect my post count too much.
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sire)
I've taught you well my young apprentice hehe. My highest is just over 160 in the Harry Potter thread.
Thank you oh wise young master!
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hehe, some people will lose around 200 posts if that one gets deleted now let alone later. I'm not one of them though, I've got 30 odd there, which is still too high.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, I hope all those threads get deleted and never born anymore, those or any clones.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's what I think.

The HP thread, I don't see how anyone can join it nowadays and post something without repeating what's already been said or changing the topic.

Unless someone wants to read through the lot before posting one message.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
hehe, some people will lose around 200 posts if that one gets deleted now let alone later. I'm not one of them though, I've got 30 odd there, which is still too high.
I lost 45 posts on an old game thread a while ago, so I didn't intend to repeat the experience.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's what I think.

The HP thread, I don't see how anyone can join it nowadays and post something without repeating what's already been said or changing the topic.

It isn't really about posting something original, more something from an original and differing perspective.
Xenon
Rep:
?
That's what I think.

I've got to admit, I probably have repeated myself sometimes, even though I've been there from the start, but I've also seen some new topics come into light to be discussed about. You get new ideas, you think aboutthe subject differently, hence a different opinion.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't think the mods delete threads much anymore. Instead I know that Ollie usually hides or closes them, allowing people to keep their precious post counts.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
mine was 150 in a game thread but it got deleted
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
26.67%
No (18)
60%
Don't know (4)
13.33%

Watched Threads