Highest number of posts in a thread? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
People still haven't got the hint about the word association thread. I don't really see the point of it beng there. I wouldn't bother reading any of the posts bar the last post if I wantedto post on the thread.
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I don't think the mods delete threads much anymore. Instead I know that Ollie usually hides or closes them, allowing people to keep their precious post counts.
That might be best, but game threads should definitely be deleted, as it is an unfair way of exenuating post count, ie. people gaining this indication of respect that they really don't deserve.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
That might be best, but game threads should definitely be deleted, as it is an unfair way of exenuating post count, ie. people gaining this indication of respect that they really don't deserve.
Yes, I should post there! heheheh.
No, being serious those thread should be deleted.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I couldn't agree more. I won't be sad to see it go.
_EMMA_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
hehe, some people will lose around 200 posts if that one gets deleted now let alone later. I'm not one of them though, I've got 30 odd there, which is still too high.
i would also lose 30 there, but i don't care it is just a spam thread, i haven't said anything important on it that is worth keeping. just posted there when bored.
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sire)
I couldn't agree more. I won't be sad to see it go.
Anyone who is sad to see it go is one sad person!
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by _EMMA_)
i would also lose 30 there, but i don't care it is just a spam thread, i haven't said anything important on it that is worth keeping. just posted there when bored.
It does help pass the time a little, but I think it should be closed down.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Anyone who is sad to see it go is one sad person!
Well sadly, hehe, there are a few people who seem to be using it as nothing more than a post booster. Get rid of it I say. Has anyone sent a PM to a mod? I'm not doing it, ended up asking three of them in order to get that Harry Potter clone thread deleted. Think I bugged em.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
It does help pass the time a little, but I think it should be closed down.
or deleted?

it aint doing any harm though
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Well sadly, hehe, there are a few people who seem to be using it as nothing more than a post booster. Get rid of it I say. Has anyone sent a PM to a mod? I'm not doing it, ended up asking three of them in order to get that Harry Potter clone thread deleted. Think I bugged em.
I'll pull some strings and get it done.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
or deleted?

it aint doing any harm though
If you think I was bad with my post count, perhaps you should view that thread from time to time. Or check those with higher post counts than mine. As mine is still undoubtedly high, but nowhere near the highest anymore. Call it a slight interest of mine, in that I hope never to have the highest average again.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'll pull some strings and get it done.
Yeah. Sooner it is closed/hidden etc. The better. And hopefully future ones will be deleted also. Where are all the mods as a matter of interest?
Xenon
Rep:
?
Just pm'd Leekey. Hopefully something should be done (dependingon how others feel I think)
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Yeah. Sooner it is closed/hidden etc. The better. And hopefully future ones will be deleted also. Where are all the mods as a matter of interest?
Hidden? What would be the point in that!? People would still have their undeserved post-count, so it should be deleted instead.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hidden? What would be the point in that!? People would still have their undeserved post-count, so it should be deleted instead.
Agreed. I wonder if they will get upset about losing posts for cheating on the thread?
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
think it has been deleted now
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It has. Look at my post count, I must have had about 70 on there or something *shameful look* Could have sworn it was around the 30 mark. Ah well, let's hope someone doesn't start another one.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Deleted or hidden?
So what wouldbe people's highest number of postsnow?
Btw, where is the P3 complaints thread from last year, after the exam-the 1st longest thread? I can't find it anywhere.
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sire)
It has. Look at my post count, I must have had about 70 on there or something *shameful look* Could have sworn it was around the 30 mark. Ah well, let's hope someone doesn't start another one.
Ok got the answer now. Darn,. I wish I hadn't posted the 16 on that thread, but it's not half as bad as the shock some people will havewhen they look at their post count now.
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Deleted or hidden?
So what wouldbe people's highest number of postsnow?
Btw, where is the P3 complaints thread from last year, after the exam-the 1st longest thread? I can't find it anywhere.
i think it has been deleted
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (214)
67.94%
No (101)
32.06%

Watched Threads