This discussion is closed.
babyboo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
Commiserations to you. I do know exactly how you feel (having been rejected by Cambridge)... and I really hope you don't think of yourself as a 'retard'.. ever. Hope that you get more positive feedback from your remaining unis. There will always be those that you will do well in, and enjoy.

Take care! xoxo
aww thanks lilsunflower i guess its when u have ur heart set on somethin and u dont get it, it kinda hurts, but i'll get over it!!! thank u n good luck where ever u are going! xxxxx
babyboo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JRDH)
Yes will do, what did u get for AS
economics A, engl lit A politics A and Psy B dropped Psy n predicted all As?! but the thing that makes me diff is that my first yr i did all science based subjects and did really bad cos i hated them! i decided/was told by teachers that i needed to hav an extra yr at school cos my potential was better than that so i did. and changed subjects so im actually 19 now if that makes sense?!
lilsunflower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by babyboo)
economics A, engl lit A politics A and Psy B dropped Psy n predicted all As?! but the thing that makes me diff is that my first yr i did all science based subjects and did really bad cos i hated them! i decided/was told by teachers that i needed to hav an extra yr at school cos my potential was better than that so i did. and changed subjects so im actually 19 now if that makes sense?!
Ahh.. that really shouldn't count against you though! If it did, I'd think it really unfair. It shows that you can do well when doing subjects you are interested in/have talent in. And honestly, your results are very good. Are you still waiting for any unis? Coz' if you are, I wouldn't be too fearful with your results
JRDH
Report 16 years ago
Yes i understand, there some people who have done that at my school, however there not getting a's this year like you. I wouldn't take the lse thing to heart, im sure you were good enough to get in and it was there loss
babyboo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
Ahh.. that really shouldn't count against you though! If it did, I'd think it really unfair. It shows that you can do well when doing subjects you are interested in/have talent in. And honestly, your results are very good. Are you still waiting for any unis? Coz' if you are, I wouldn't be too fearful with your results
but i think it does i got rejected from bath n york as well had offers from st andrews exeter and lesta! so no not waiting for any more to get back to me.
babyboo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JRDH)
Yes i understand, there some people who have done that at my school, however there not getting a's this year like you. I wouldn't take the lse thing to heart, im sure you were good enough to get in and it was there loss
yeah too right james their loss!!!!!! lol now come to st andrews wit me so i have a friend lol!!!!! only joking at st andrews thou did u apply for the bsc or ma?!
CaSTle OUtsiDeR
Report 16 years ago
o god....i've also applied for ur course...feel really sorry for u
ur results are awesome...mine are not as good...though the subjects are quite different....but even ppl as top as u get rejected, don't think i'll stand a chance then...
damn i'm scared...i could well be the next one to be out...coz i'm still waiting.
just how picky LSE is...what do they want
hamboy64
Report 16 years ago
pls just clear up my query pls

this morning my momma comes running into my room and says lse letter etc and i am lke **** **** then when i read it it said u are on the short list i was like what the f does that mean i went oon the lse website and it said exactly what the 2nd half of my letter said iewait till march etc

what the **** is the short list and is it good and if so how come others get offers / rejections before this pls halp i am in a little dilema
babyboo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by CaSTle OUtsiDeR)
o god....i've also applied for ur course...feel really sorry for u
ur results are awesome...mine are not as good...though the subjects are quite different....but even ppl as top as u get rejected, don't think i'll stand a chance then...
damn i'm scared...i could well be the next one to be out...coz i'm still waiting.
just how picky LSE is...what do they want
lol who knows hey...post grads or international students so they can get more money! good luck with ur application i hope it goes better than mine and u get some consideration BTW i would go as far as saying im top remember this is due to having an extra yr at sixth form and starting again! thanks anyway! xxxxxxx
CaSTle OUtsiDeR
Report 16 years ago
lol who knows hey...post grads or international students so they can get more money! good luck with ur application i hope it goes better than mine and u get some consideration BTW i would go as far as saying im top remember this is due to having an extra yr at sixth form and starting again! thanks anyway! xxxxxxx
yea thx a lot... hope they'll keep considering me at least...shouldn't be too bad if predicted AAB ! (Maths, Econ, History) it's my first choice so fingers crossed...
um...i'm actually an international student...from HK. Though it could be a slight advantage (which i don't really think so) I do agree with other ppl that internationals should be treated in the same way as anyone else...there shouldn't be a difference with lower or higher offers...
babyboo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
who knows what goes on in the mind of an lse admission director! well best of luck to u castle outsider! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
JRDH
Report 16 years ago
yeah too right james their loss!!!!!! lol now come to st andrews wit me so i have a friend lol!!!!! only joking at st andrews thou did u apply for the bsc or ma?!
Ive applied to do an MA, and thn BSC everywhere else ( i think)
joka85
Report 16 years ago
babyboo what course did you apply to LSE for?
babyboo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i applied to do acc n fin at lse?! fat load a good that was lol

JAMES ME TOO!!!! how exciting!
gemma1811
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i applied to do acc n fin at lse?! fat load a good that was lol

JAMES ME TOO!!!! how exciting!
I'm awaiting my rejection from them now then! hehe!
CaSTle OUtsiDeR
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemma1811)
I'm awaiting my rejection from them now then! hehe!
me as well probably ^^ (of coz i hope not)
btw, would u mind telling me when u received the offer from Warwick?
is the offer AAB as well?
gemma1811
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
me as well probably ^^ (of coz i hope not)
btw, would u mind telling me when u received the offer from Warwick?
is the offer AAB as well?
I got it on the 5th Jan. They want AAB(b). Have you had your offer yet then? Where else have you applied?
CaSTle OUtsiDeR
Report 16 years ago
I got it on the 5th Jan. They want AAB(b). Have you had your offer yet then? Where else have you applied?
yea i've got mine on the 20th Jan...yea so sort of the same period...well done~ yea it's AAB with a B in further AS maths...pretty harsh i think but it's what i'm predicted...
also got offers from notts and man. waiting for LSE (ah !) and UCL...dunno why but got rejected from york...haha
dun really wanna go to york and UCL anyway...
how about u?
gemma1811
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yea i've got mine on the 20th Jan...yea so sort of the same period...well done~ yea it's AAB with a B in further AS maths...pretty harsh i think but it's what i'm predicted...
also got offers from notts and man. waiting for LSE (ah !) and UCL...dunno why but got rejected from york...haha
dun really wanna go to york and UCL anyway...
how about u?
Yeah same here - ive been predicted the same.
I've had Durham, Exeter, Reading, Southampton & Warwick - don't wanna go to Warwick n Durham, n really unsure about Southampton!! I'm still waiting on LSE! York are stupid for rejecting you! So what have you applied to at all of them then? As i looked at UCL but they didn't do the course - i was tempted by Economics n Economic History, but decided not to as its the degree my uncle did there n got a 1st - too much pressure!

Well done btw!!!!!!
CaSTle OUtsiDeR
Report 16 years ago
Yeah same here - ive been predicted the same.
I've had Durham, Exeter, Reading, Southampton & Warwick - don't wanna go to Warwick n Durham, n really unsure about Southampton!! I'm still waiting on LSE! York are stupid for rejecting you! So what have you applied to at all of them then? As i looked at UCL but they didn't do the course - i was tempted by Economics n Economic History, but decided not to as its the degree my uncle did there n got a 1st - too much pressure!

Well done btw!!!!!!
oh great well done...they're all great unis...haha maybe becoz york doesn't like international students...anyway doesn't matter
yea I've applied for Accounting and Finance for nearly all of them...except for york it's econ and fin and UCL it's Econ and stat. !
u're absolutely right...UCL doesn't have the course but somehow I still picked that ! I realised that I've been silly and should have gone for Bristol or Durham instead for the right course ! that's why i dun wanna go to UCL now...:P
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (444)
59.04%
Yes- I don't like it (42)
5.59%
No- I want it (216)
28.72%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.65%

Watched Threads