The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Accounting, Business Finance & Management

Hey!

I have just received a Conditional offer from York uni. Could anyone tell me something about Accounting, Business Finance & Management subject at that uni. What's the standard of teaching, do you have good career possibilities after that. Is staff approachable and helpful? Would you recommend it? I can't find any information about that degree. I would really appreciate somebody's help and advice.
Reply 1
I've applied for this also, however I am still awaiting a response. what was your offer? :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
University of York
York
Reply 2
Hey!
Last week I got Conditional offer. I will have my results in July so I still have to wait a long time to know whether I am rejected or not.

What are your other choices? Is York your first one?
Reply 3
hehe, I understand you have a conditional, just wanted to know what grades they want you to get. I sent my application in to UCAS in december and York are the last to get back to me with an offer (and would be my first or second choice!).

Other Universited I have applied to were Sheffield, Sheffield Hallam, Bradford & Brighton. I'm thinking either Sheffield or York at the moment, all for Accountancy & Financial Management (they all seemed to be worded slightly different however :P)

It would be nice to have the option between Sheffield and York so I wish they would hurry up, all this waiting isn't good for me!! XD
Reply 4
I'm not from the UK so my requirements are different. i have to obtain 75% overall. i am thinking about York or Loughborough and i can't decide but i like York more. I applied also to Scotland and i'm still waiting for their answer. It's killing me inside...
Reply 5
Original post by Capricorn
I'm not from the UK so my requirements are different. i have to obtain 75% overall. i am thinking about York or Loughborough and i can't decide but i like York more. I applied also to Scotland and i'm still waiting for their answer. It's killing me inside...

I'm exactly the same! I've applied for Loughborough to do International Business and York to do Management. I'd love to do both the courses and love both the uni's and I can't decide! Been to both Open Days and I'm still stuck with what to do :confused: Which uni in Scotland have you appplied for? My insurance is Heriot-Watt in Edinburgh :smile:
Reply 6
I've applied for Stirling Uni, but I'm still waiting for their offer. I've also apllied for Loughborough to do International Business, but I want to change it for Banking, Finance and Management. However, every day I change my mind and it is soooo confusing.
Reply 7
Hey there, I also received an offer for ABFM just yesterday (though it's unconditional). Quite happy, but still unsure whether i'm going to firm it.
Reply 8
I'd prefer to get 4 rejections. It would make this decision so easier...:wink:
Original post by a2student01
Hey there, I also received an offer for ABFM just yesterday (though it's unconditional). Quite happy, but still unsure whether i'm going to firm it.
What are your other choices which you're considering?
Reply 9
It's between that and Exeter's economics. I'm quite inclined on York but I'm still not completely sure how good this course is.
Well I'm doing ABFM at york, only a first year though. First year course seems to be more of accounting and finance. The lecturer are really helpful, there are a lot of contact hours and seminar to discuss questions. The lectures are pretty basic but only need to practice exam style questions

Quick Reply