Turn on thread page Beta

Bands similar to In Flames and Funeral For A Friend watch

I'm EXTREMELY bored these days and have been listening to the two mentioned bands quite abit lately. I was wondering whether there were any other bands like them that I could listen to?

After though: yes, I do realize that In Flames and Funeral For A Friend arn't exactly the same genre:rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    I'm EXTREMELY bored these days and have been listening to the two mentioned bands quite abit lately. I was wondering whether there were any other bands like them that I could listen to?

After though: yes, I do realize that In Flames and Funeral For A Friend arn't exactly the same genre:rolleyes: :p:
    try a band called InMe

ReputationRep:
    From First To Last, armor for sleep, Straylight Run, Halifax, Hidden In Plain View, Matchbook Romance, The Used, Houston Calls(more like Fall Out Boy)

I realise most of those bands aren't that similar to FFAF but most FFAF fans would probably like these bands

I love The Used,Jamie I'll be downloading them tommorow.

Also, any particular songs I should look out for?

ReputationRep:
    ^^ I like Cut up angels, track 5.
    "I caught fire", track 2, was a single I think.

Just look into emo/alternative; taking back sunday, thursday, finch.

www.allmusic.com is a cool site.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you want other British bands trying to sound American..hmmm there are plenty.

A British band in the genre but which doesn't sound like it's trying to be American is Hell Is For Heroes. They've gone out of the limelight a bit but they could easily have become the next Bush (as in the band) but they didn't

Someone mentioned Finch :top:

ReputationRep:
    Children Of Bodom (If you like In Flames, these are a sure-fire hit)
    Arch Enemy
    Norther
    Biomechanical
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Well if you want other British bands trying to sound American..hmmm there are plenty.

A British band in the genre but which doesn't sound like it's trying to be American is Hell Is For Heroes. They've gone out of the limelight a bit but they could easily have become the next Bush (as in the band) but they didn't

Someone mentioned Finch :top:
    HIFH are great! My friend touched Justin's hair!

ReputationRep:
    Bullet for my Valetine, 18 Visions. Ooooh and Reuben.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    HIFH are great! My friend touched Justin's hair!
    Lucky him/her. Did it feel nice?

I haven't even seen them live.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Lucky him/her. Did it feel nice?

I haven't even seen them live.
    You so have to see them live! I'd show you my photos, but I don't have a scanner and they won't come out that well any way. But I've seen them live twice and was right at the front both times!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You so have to see them live! I'd show you my photos, but I don't have a scanner and they won't come out that well any way. But I've seen them live twice and was right at the front both times!
    I'd probably get pissed off at all the emo kids. I went to see a band recently which isn't at all emo but on the venue's website they put "emo" to attract all the camden emo kids. It kind of spoilt it a bit.
    I'd still go if I got the opportunity though.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'd probably get pissed off at all the emo kids. I went to see a band recently which isn't at all emo but on the venue's website they put "emo" to attract all the camden emo kids. It kind of spoilt it a bit.
    I'd still go if I got the opportunity though.
    I go for the band, so I just ignore all of the other people there. I wouldn't recognise an emo kid if they kicked me in the face, although one probably did once. But that was seeing Avenged Sevenfold.

But HIFH didn't do their all nighter at Rock City this year and I missed it last year!

ReputationRep:
    Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, Trivium, Hawthorne Heights, Bullet For My Valentine.....etc etc- have a search on MySpace and see who pops up...

ReputationRep:
    Heard of The Refused?

Emo is bad.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.