Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's cold now (freezing) and so i've taken to wearing a scarf and my friend (the one i mentioned in a GD discussion) thinks that guys who wear scarves are g*y :eek: (i'm at school and moderators might pick up on dodgy words)- this is totally wrong, no? I mean, it;'s a dark green scarf- it's not even white or pink!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich_)
    It's cold now (freezing) and so i've taken to wearing a scarf and my friend (the one i mentioned in a GD discussion) thinks that guys who wear scarves are g*y :eek: (i'm at school and moderators might pick up on dodgy words)- this is totally wrong, no? I mean, it;'s a dark green scarf- it's not even white or pink!!
    Completely acceptable. But yes must be a manly dark colour, such as the dark green you have mentioned.

Ignore your friend - maybe its worth informing him that labelling something `gay` is usually done by men who are uncomfortable with their sexuality! lol! a la Joey in Friends wearing women's underwear. (ok scarves and underwear are not quite the same, but you get my drift!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellewoods)
    Completely acceptable. But yes must be a manly dark colour, such as the dark green you have mentioned.

Ignore your friend - maybe its worth informing him that labelling something `gay` is usually done by men who are uncomfortable with their sexuality! lol! a la Joey in Friends wearing women's underwear. (ok scarves and underwear are not quite the same, but you get my drift!!)
    haha, yes, indeed. but he's like, well , you have to wear it in a certain way- and i just do 1 coil round my neck and then have the 2 ends hanging down my front... i really don't see what's wrong with this!! he's majorly conservative and very traditional, i mean, he's the one that wears a pale blue jacket to school!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Guys who wear scarves look foppish, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    That's the women's way to tie it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich_)
    haha, yes, indeed. but he's like, well , you have to wear it in a certain way- and i just do 1 coil round my neck and then have the 2 ends hanging down my front... i really don't see what's wrong with this!! he's majorly conservative and very traditional, i mean, he's the one that wears a pale blue jacket to school!! :eek:
    Fold your scarf in half so the two ends are touching, and the fold you have just made creates a loop.

Put the scarf around your neck, still folded, and thread the ends through the loop, so the scarf knots in front of your throat and the two ends hand down the front of your chest.

This is not only cool, but much warmer than simply coiling. :cool:

I hope you know that I should be doing my dissertation Rich!! However inane distractions always welcomed!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xulfer)
    That's the women's way to tie it...
    oh right.. so how would you tie it? and, foppish??

ReputationRep:
    The man's way is what ellewoods just explained. I've seen women do that too, but it's at least less girly than the woman's way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xulfer)
    The man's way is what ellewoods just explained. I've seen women do that too, but it's at least less girly than the woman's way
    Yeah it is the man's way, but I still do it cos its so much warmer!!

ReputationRep:
    Fold your scarf in half so the two ends are touching, and the fold you have just made creates a loop.

Put the scarf around your neck, still folded, and thread the ends through the loop, so the scarf knots in front of your throat and the two ends hand down the front of your chest.

This is not only cool, but much warmer than simply coiling. :cool:

I hope you know that I should be doing my dissertation Rich!! However inane distractions always welcomed!! :p:
    lol. fold lenthways, or in half, so you halve the length??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich_)
    lol. fold lenthways, or in half, so you halve the length??
    In half, half the length, so that the fold makes a loop

ReputationRep:
    lengthways, where the ends of the scarf meet. so you create a loop!

ReputationRep:
    In half, half the length, so that the fold makes a loop
    sorted!! p.s. it is very warm!! but i still can't fathom what is meant by 'foppish'??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich_)
    sorted!! p.s. it is very warm!! but i still can't fathom what is meant by 'foppish'??
    From what I understand it to mean, it means looking a bit `public schoolboy'ish`, preppy, etc .. but I am willing to stand corrected on that one!

ReputationRep:
    From what I understand it to mean, it means looking a bit `public schoolboy'ish`, preppy, etc .. but I am willing to stand corrected on that one!
    oh right- well, seeing as I go to a public school- i kinda get influenced!! but besides- i see loads of guys wear scarves!!]

P.s, i'm an exalted member now!! whatever that means!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich_)
    oh right- well, seeing as I go to a public school- i kinda get influenced!! but besides- i see loads of guys wear scarves!!]

P.s, i'm an exalted member now!! whatever that means!!
    Congrats!

Im still bobbing around trying to be helpful and get some positive rep! and here you are exalted!!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!

Im still bobbing around trying to be helpful and get some positive rep! and here you are exalted!!
    well, i gave you some rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich_)
    well, i gave you some rep
    thanks rich!! i feel better about spending the afternoon explaining how to tie scarves than researching my final year dissertation! lol

ReputationRep:
    thanks rich!! i feel better about spending the afternoon explaining how to tie scarves than researching my final year dissertation! lol
    no probs. i have 2 free periods now- so that's till 4, then cos it's mainly a boarding school- we have to stay for prep, and that's till 5-30 and i don't have much home work to do, so i'll probably here for another 3 hours!! well, i better try and care for my social life, so i probably won't be on for that long, but what's your dissertation on??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich_)
    no probs. i have 2 free periods now- so that's till 4, then cos it's mainly a boarding school- we have to stay for prep, and that's till 5-30 and i don't have much home work to do, so i'll probably here for another 3 hours!! well, i better try and care for my social life, so i probably won't be on for that long, but what's your dissertation on??
    Im a law student - its on the mentally disordered offender and the criminal justice system....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.