The Student Room Group

Where do rich kids by their clothes from?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by i.am.lost
Those are more like places where people who want to look rich shop at (you forgot Superdry in there).

Genuinely rich people would hit the designer shops (or at least the quasi-designer ones) and would probably avoid off-the-rack if they could afford to.

Ah, that's a true point :smile:
Reply 61
I didn't know that being rich meant that you can't shop in certain stores and that you must conform to a certain style? I think D&G/Prada clothing etc. for men looks absolutely awful, their suits are a rip off and use average quality materials, just go to Saville Row.
Original post by Pendulum
I didn't know that being rich meant that you can't shop in certain stores and that you must conform to a certain style? I think D&G/Prada clothing etc. for men looks absolutely awful, their suits are a rip off and use average quality materials, just go to Saville Row.

Rip-off of who? I'm not a fan of D&G tbh, but Prada's and Dior's men's lines are super stylish and look/feel very high-quality.

Prada also have the best t-shirts, but they're much more expensive than other designers from what I've seen.
Reply 63
Rip off as in overpriced crud. Cotton t shirt cannot possibly cost £100, I could get one made bespoke for less so can't say the fit is better.

All "designer" suits are pointless IMO as they aren't going to fit without tailoring, so for your £2k might as well do bespoke then you get something you'll actually want.
My rich mate bought some Gucci trainers the other day. He spent over a grand in Bicester village in Oxford. Most of it was Gucci, Diesel, Armani. Rich people shop whereever the hell they want really. He is also into custom made stuff where they combine different garments- he bought this hideous jumper the other day.
I've never understood why people spend so much money on clothing. :dontknow:
Original post by iainthegreat
I've never understood why people spend so much money on clothing. :dontknow:

If they have nothing to buy then they just buy loads of designer clothes and drugs. I reckon my mate has spent over 40 grand in the last 2 1/2 years on the two, at the least 30 grand....
Reply 67
2bf most 'well of' kids seem to rock the whole dishevelled look these days. At my uni and others iv visited its the same backcombed hair, jack wills, a&f trackies,hoodies etc. But these are mainly your middle class sought. I reckon the real rich kids would go to private boutiques etc
Original post by MilfsSonsFriend
If they have nothing to buy then they just buy loads of designer clothes and drugs. I reckon my mate has spent over 40 grand in the last 2 1/2 years on the two, at the least 30 grand....

Wow, and to think there's people in this world that can't afford food.
They share David Cameron's.
Depends on your definition of rich. Middle class "rich kids" tend to go for A&F, Jack Wills, Hollister etc but I imagine the really rich ones will probably go to designer boutiques (LV, Armani etc).
Reply 71
People consider me rich. I've got stuff by Louis Vuitton, D&G, Prada, Tom Ford etc. Plus smaller designers you see in Harvey Nichols and Selfridges. But stuff from high street shops. It's the same for most of the very well off people I know. Now the really rich wear Hermes and other brands.
Wow, and to think there's people in this world that can't afford food.

The drugs have seriously screwed him up though. If he doesn't stop soon I dread to think what will happen. And to be honest he is probably already fcuked mentally from the shear amount he's taken (failing Uni for the 2nd time). He even admitted himself to hospital earlier this week after taking far to much speed/coke, and asked them to scan his brain because he thinks the left side of it is mashed to a pulp :confused:. Money in the wrong hands can be extremely dangerous indeed. This guy has put me off drugs for life tbh, and I guess he's kind of a loser now....
(edited 13 years ago)
The drugs have seriously screwed him up though. If he doesn't stop soon I dread to think what will happen. And to be honest he is probably already fcuked mentally from the shear amount he's taken (failing Uni for the 2nd time). He even admitted himself to hospital earlier this week after taking far to much speed/coke, and asked them to scan his brain because he thinks the left side of it is mashed to a pulp :confused:. Money in the wrong hands can be extremely dangerous indeed. This guy has put me off drugs for life tbh, and I guess he's kind of a loser now....

Mental.

If he's got £30k+ to spend on clothes, does he need a uni education?
Reply 74
Topshop and River Island are quite classy, surely?

All my clothes are either Tesco or Matalan.
Mental.

If he's got £30k+ to spend on clothes, does he need a uni education?

Not too sure lol- He's not going to get an education by the looks of it. His Dad's an accounatant. He says he's always had regular money since he was 14 from his dad. He used to buy designer clothing and took hard drugs back then too. When his mother died he got some of the money he inherited and he blew over 15 grand in 2 months on purely drugs/clothes and random things. He WILL spend a grand in a few days when he has the money.
Abercrombie and Rich

Hollier-than-thouster
Not too sure lol- He's not going to get an education by the looks of it. His Dad's an accounatant. He says he's always had regular money since he was 14 from his dad. He used to buy designer clothing and took hard drugs back then too. When his mother died he got some of the money he inherited and he blew over 15 grand in 2 months on purely drugs/clothes and random things. He WILL spend a grand in a few days when he has the money.

Wait, is this guy Charlie Sheen? :eek:
Reply 78
Shops/markets/online

***delete as appropriate
Original post by Kingpin101
People consider me rich. I've got stuff by Louis Vuitton, D&G, Prada, Tom Ford etc. Plus smaller designers you see in Harvey Nichols and Selfridges. But stuff from high street shops. It's the same for most of the very well off people I know. Now the really rich wear Hermes and other brands.

...WTF...I just checked out their online store... £650 for a boring plain jumper?? WTF is this brand? I've never seen anything like it. It seems to exist solely for people to make the statement 'i can afford to burn money'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending