This discussion is closed.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
yeah i would help you with a broken car, although i hope someone else would help me if i was in the same position - charity comes from the heart and selfishness. ALthough i n london i probably would walk straight by, the only palce where i would intervene is in a fight, where id probably get the **** kicked out of me. London is not the place to offer help or give it to strangers, pull out ur wallet to give em £1 for the bus and they mug you.
you're right there.... I've heard stories about how people attack you by first asking you the time, then pouncing when you look down at ur watch. i normally stop and help people with directions when i'm at home, but i'd be alot more wary in the capital - it's just not as friendly
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
Depends what kind of favour you're talking about Sire
Any favour you wish to discuss. I only posted the thread after a discussion about giving and receiving head, but I thought I'd leave that up to the posters if they chose to go off in that direction. Do you believe that one must give head if they wish to receive head? Or is it fine to have one person reaping all the benefits?
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
you're right there.... I've heard stories about how people attack you by first asking you the time, then pouncing when you look down at ur watch. i normally stop and help people with directions when i'm at home, but i'd be alot more wary in the capital - it's just not as friendly
i live in london, ill help peopel as long as it doesnt involve going anywhere dangerous or pulling out a wallet if they ask me, but im not gonna ask random ppl if they need help or else ill be mugged or offered even more dodgy drugs
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
i live in london, ill help peopel as long as it doesnt involve going anywhere dangerous or pulling out a wallet if they ask me, but im not gonna ask random ppl if they need help or else ill be mugged or offered even more dodgy drugs
that's something i gotta learn more about... how to act in london. I'm going there for uni - going to be a big change for a small city person like me. ppl say it's not particularly safe to take certain tube lines after a certain time.. is that true?
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
that's something i gotta learn more about... how to act in london. I'm going there for uni - going to be a big change for a small city person like me. ppl say it's not particularly safe to take certain tube lines after a certain time.. is that true?
where are you going, what area, its ok, you just keep to yourself and dont draw attention.
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
where are you going, what area, its ok, you just keep to yourself and dont draw attention.
umm imperial, so South Kens. I'll probably be going up to High Barnet in Hampstead Heath some evenings though...
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Any favour you wish to discuss. I only posted the thread after a discussion about giving and receiving head, but I thought I'd leave that up to the posters if they chose to go off in that direction. Do you believe that one must give head if they wish to receive head? Or is it fine to have one person reaping all the benefits?
No, that is quite selfish. I would rather give tha to recieve, because in the end I will know that she will recpricoate the action, twofold if possible.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
umm imperial, so South Kens. I'll probably be going up to High Barnet in Hampstead Heath some evenings though...
well, dress in dark clothes, preferably a hoody and cap, hood up, cap down, if you look dangerous enough they will avoid you. Never be aggressive but show that you can take care of the situation and be aware of what they are doign and then you wont be attacked unawares. Don't display anythign flashy, don't trust your homies. You can always go into a shop if something looks dangerous, preferably a chain store like a smiths or a pub as the bouncers will take care of you. If you see a huge group of kids hanging around, try and walk away from them, not like you are scared, but just as if you are going that way e.g. walk diagonally away fro mthem on the heath as opposed to towards them. We nearly got ****ed over after drinking, i grabbed one of my mates and walked away from the kids towards the lights, but my other two mates were stupid enough to go close. Luckily one of them knew a couple so they didnt want to risk anything.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (151)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.44%
No- I want it (69)
27.82%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.85%

Watched Threads