The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

who has offers from the university of liverpool?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anatomy and Human Biology's meant to be really good hee, my neighbour in Halls is taking it and really enjoys it. He's got an easier timetable than me!
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 21
Hi ya! oh cool theres other people on here applied for same course I have! I think the anatomy and human bio course looks really good at liverpool, is ne1 thinking of putting this as there first choice like me? also is ne1 going to the open days for this course in Feb coz do u know if we get to look around the accomodation as i looked round carnatic halls last year but i want to look around greenbank halls as i really dont know what accomodation to chose- so if ne1 on here has ne recommendations i would be gratefu. ta, stace.xxx :smile: :smile:
I'm attending a "selection day" on the 1st of Feb for physiotherapy, on this they're going to give a coach tour of accomodation n the campus n stuff, so they should give other people a tour of accomodation too? ooh and i also get a free sandwich! get in!
Reply 23
received my first (and only as yet) offer from liverpool on 2nd december. BA Combined Hons. (politics, philosophy, econmics). ABB. Probably won't go - i want to see the world! sent it on the 15th october. always nice to know you're wanted though
stace2005
Hi ya! oh cool theres other people on here applied for same course I have! I think the anatomy and human bio course looks really good at liverpool, is ne1 thinking of putting this as there first choice like me? also is ne1 going to the open days for this course in

Yeah hopefully I'll be going up there for that day. I think it is going to be my top choice anyway. What was your offer?
Reply 25
Oh good hopefully I will have the chance to look around the accomodation again then and i better get a free sandwich 2! im hopefully going to the open day on the 22nd of feb-it seems like ages away! I got an unconditonal offer as im on a gap year at the mo so i already have my qualifications but last year when i applied for this course they asked for around 280-300 points i think but I decided not to go to uni this year as i wanted to earn a bit of dosh so i can afford uni life.xx
Reply 26
i've got a conditional offer for Psychology C800. i'm off to the open day next week. (14th December) my brother is already there studying Medicine in his first yr but he is tagging along with Psychology showing people round!! I'm not going to the accomodation tour though..no point as i've already seen the differnt halls at Carnatic. the only reason i'd go to see Greenbank is its basically opposite Penny Lane(the Beatles)
englishrose
I haven't had an offer from Livers as of yet, but they sent me a letter confirming that they had received my application, which I got last wednesday (the same day that I got all my Track stuff through from UCAS). I'm applying to Politics and Communication Studies.

Just got an offer of BBC from Liverpool. :smile: Hope to use it as my insurance.
Reply 28
English Language and Literature - AAB, wanna see if manchester will have me first though. Does anyone know if Liverpool offers include general studies? It doesn't say they don't on UCAS so i'm assuming.
Podge
i've got a conditional offer for Psychology C800. i'm off to the open day next week. (14th December) my brother is already there studying Medicine in his first yr but he is tagging along with Psychology showing people round!! I'm not going to the accomodation tour though..no point as i've already seen the differnt halls at Carnatic. the only reason i'd go to see Greenbank is its basically opposite Penny Lane(the Beatles)

I never got to see the uni accomodation when I visited - is Carnatic better than Greenbank? Which one's better for buses to the uni/town?
Reply 30
id say(and my brother n people he knows) that carnatic is better. the rooms are said to be a lot nicer etc. they are both good for buses. there is a stop just outside the halls (on the road) for Greenbank and for carnatic, the bus pulls into a bit of the halls where Salisbury is. the buses come every 20 mins or so. depends what time you are leaving the halls. and buses run to about half 12 depending what night it is, or if anything is on e.g at the Guild (like the social place for all the students in the city centre situated on Mount Pleasant (a road) lol)

but don't just take my word for it. try and see if you can arrange a visit. if you havent been for an actual open day for the faculty then you may get the opportunity to have a look then.
Reply 31
Podge
id say(and my brother n people he knows) that carnatic is better. the rooms are said to be a lot nicer etc. they are both good for buses. there is a stop just outside the halls (on the road) for Greenbank and for carnatic, the bus pulls into a bit of the halls where Salisbury is. the buses come every 20 mins or so. depends what time you are leaving the halls. and buses run to about half 12 depending what night it is, or if anything is on e.g at the Guild (like the social place for all the students in the city centre situated on Mount Pleasant (a road) lol)

but don't just take my word for it. try and see if you can arrange a visit. if you havent been for an actual open day for the faculty then you may get the opportunity to have a look then.

Oh.my.god. Sorry but from all the Carnatic people I've spoken to, the impression I get is that it's a dump! I went up for a walk round and I didn't like it. It's like a prison complex.

They've had numerous break-ins and thefts too. The rooms are known to be small, cramped and the food is supposed to be worse than Derby and Rathbone [Greenbank] which takes some doing. Roscoe & Gladstone food is WAY better than D&R.

--------------

Kent_35
Does anyone know if Liverpool offers include general studies?

I doubt an offer for English Lit would include General Studies.
Reply 32
yeah carnatic is a dump(well thats i first thought when i arrived) ...depends what your used to! my brother's room used to look like a dump so probably no change! lol

all the rooms are said to be cramped in all the halls. depends which hall you pick. some halls are better than others on the carnatic site. some tend to be about a mm larger! depends what furnature you get as well some desks are larger than others n nicer. but compared to certain other halls for other uni's they are said to be better in what you get. dunno how.

sorry dont get me wrong...not trying to start anything!

--------------

in reply to Kent_35, psychology accepts general studies, not too sure about any other course.
Kent_35
English Language and Literature - AAB, wanna see if manchester will have me first though. Does anyone know if Liverpool offers include general studies? It doesn't say they don't on UCAS so i'm assuming.

I emailed them about mine, and they said that the offer included General Studies, so I assume that'd be true of all Liverpool offers, unless it states otherwise.
Reply 34
michaela_banana
Well done on getting 6 offers StillUndecided. I had my interview a couple of weeks ago, so should hear by the end of next week/week after. :smile:

have you heard from liverpool yet? i had the interview 2 days after you and most of my friends' already got offers.
Finally got an offer from Liverpool! Got the whole set now! :smile:
Reply 36
Got an offer for international development with politics through the post from the Uni, still haven't seen it on track though. Anyway... :biggrin: happy days!! :biggrin:
Reply 37
track is always the last one to tell you!
Reply 38
sooo true!!!!
Yes I did get an offer THeodora, sorry I didn't put it up here, got a bit distracted by christmas. AAB with A's in bio and chem and a B in maths (totally ignore f. maths then!) I was very very happy as I now get to be a doctor!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending