Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellewoods)
    I know its not `politically correct` but i agree.

I worked hard to get to a size 10 and I deserve praise for putting my health and happiness first. People screw up their noses and go `ooh you've lost weight, are you ill`.

But Im healthier and happier!
    Yeah I agree with that the original poster is saying. I got heaps of flak from people I told about my losing weight to get to size 6-8 (50 kilos now, woo! Go me :p: ) and they were like 'oh no, you're too skinny!' :rolleyes: Like it's their business.

It's not. In the promo/modelling industry this is standard, so if I'm losing weight for work in which I'm being paid a fair amount of money for, I'm not gonna put up with the criticising I get from less thin people. It's just a fact.

Plus, being very proportioned, I don't look that thin at all, it's just my waist has gotten smaller - always a good thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_st/n)
    'when was the last time you saw your ribs you fat cow'.
    :laugh: :rofl: :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ariel4)
    one thing that i really really dont like is when big girls wear really short skirts and tight tops and their fat kind of spills out everywhere. i find it quite sickening. at least look in a mirror before you go out. some of them look undecent.
    hotness.

ReputationRep:
    This is all a little bit confusing

Because SOME people...not all but SOME, eat healthily and excersise and all that jazz, but still arnt stick thin because of their metabolism.

I know a lifegard who swims all the time and goes gym and eats healthily, but shes still 5ft and a size 14!

i myself are not stick thin, nor fat either, im in between and im happy that way because i know i am doing all i can to stay as healthy as i can.

so please dont stereotype 'fat' people as u call them as greedy buggers. Because some bloody well are not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazzi_Bear)
    This is all a little bit confusing

Because SOME people...not all but SOME, eat healthily and excersise and all that jazz, but still arnt stick thin because of their metabolism.

I know a lifegard who swims all the time and goes gym and eats healthily, but shes still 5ft and a size 14!

i myself are not stick thin, nor fat either, im in between and im happy that way because i know i am doing all i can to stay as healthy as i can.

so please dont stereotype 'fat' people as u call them as greedy buggers. Because some bloody well are not!
    but I think the majority are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    but I think the majority are.
    i know....but i said SOME people!

but hey my best mate is a size 8 and she eats junk non stop and never exersises!

now is that wrong or what

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazzi_Bear)
    i know....but i said SOME people!

but hey my best mate is a size 8 and she eats junk non stop and never exersises!

now is that wrong or what
    By size 8 - is that an actual meaurement i.e. in inches. Or is it just a sort of clothing scale?

I eat tonnes of crap, my glucose levels must be permanantly sky-high as I just eat sugar all day long, but I don't really seem to get fat.

ReputationRep:
    By size 8 - is that an actual meaurement i.e. in inches. Or is it just a sort of clothing scale?

I eat tonnes of crap, my glucose levels must be permanantly sky-high as I just eat sugar all day long, but I don't really seem to get fat.
    tis a clothing scale..ranges from around 6-well i dunno the biggest...around 30? lol

my bf eats crap all day long...hes so mean! i have to actually watch what i eat as not to get fatter i hate being restricted. but thats life

ReputationRep:
    I just think all you skinny people who are moaning should just shut up and enjoy it! Do you really care if fatties are jealous? You probably don't even know them anyway!
    Just enjoy the fact that you look better and are healthier than they are - what they, or anyone else thinks of you doesn't matter!
    Eventually we'll all be old and ugly anyway, so make the most of it while you can!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evenstar)
    I just think all you skinny people who are moaning should just shut up and enjoy it! Do you really care if fatties are jealous? You probably don't even know them anyway!
    Just enjoy the fact that you look better and are healthier than they are - what they, or anyone else thinks of you doesn't matter!
    Eventually we'll all be old and ugly anyway, so make the most of it while you can!
    hear hear!

ReputationRep:
    *sigh* I feel so fat....

*gets depressed and eats a chocolate bar*

*and another one*

ReputationRep:
    *takes chocolate bar away*

ReputationRep:
    *buts flame on treadmill*

*pokes*

ReputationRep:
    *turns treadmill speed up*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ariel4)
    I happen to agree with some of girl in keeles points. i dont find fat people make me feel guilty for being slim, but then im wouldnt call myself slim, im not fat, but im not a size 8.
    it annoys me when fat people moan and moan about being overweight, but dont do anything about it, if they hate it that much, at least try to loose some weight. if they exercise and eat well, then thats fair enough, theyre making an effort, and if its not working, then maybe theres a medical reason for it.
    one thing that i really really dont like is when big girls wear really short skirts and tight tops and their fat kind of spills out everywhere. i find it quite sickening. at least look in a mirror before you go out. some of them look undecent.
    are you referring to "muffin top" i.e. fat compress into the jeans has to roll over the top, thus creating a wobbling shelf of flesh ala muffin stylie??

random fat quote "Woohoo! Look at that blubber fly!

ReputationRep:
    A few years back I came up with an excellent solution to the ever expanding fat population. If there are any financial backers out there please PM me to talk further.

It is a fact that larger people use slightly more oxygen than those who are slightly slimmer. Therefore fat people are responsible for adding extra carbon-dixoide to the planet, thus resulting in global warming.

Heres my solution: Fat people should plant trees. Not only will stop them spending the day watching Oprah and talking about how Charlotte down the road in pregnant by her school teacher, but it will also make them active. By planting trees they will be burning off calories, thus lossing weight, the trees will add extra oxygen to the atmosphere making up for the extra oxygen fat people use and lets not forget making a better environment.

In conclusion, Jamie Oliver is happy, the government is happy, i'm happy because I don't have to look at fat chicks in tank tops and Green Peace are also happy because there are more trees.

Great idea eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiralArchitect)
    A few years back I came up with an excellent solution to the ever expanding fat population. If there are any financial backers out there please PM me to talk further.

It is a fact that larger people use slightly more oxygen than those who are slightly slimmer. Therefore fat people are responsible for adding extra carbon-dixoide to the planet, thus resulting in global warming.

Heres my solution: Fat people should plant trees. Not only will stop them spending the day watching Oprah and talking about how Charlotte down the road in pregnant by her school teacher, but it will also make them active. By planting trees they will be burning off calories, thus lossing weight, the trees will add extra oxygen to the atmosphere making up for the extra oxygen fat people use and lets not forget making a better environment.

In conclusion, Jamie Oliver is happy, the government is happy, i'm happy because I don't have to look at fat chicks in tank tops and Green Peace are also happy because there are more trees.

Great idea eh?
    FLAW:

Main reason people are fat = lack of excercise
    Slim people excercise more
    Excercising produces lots of C02
    Slim people produce lots of C02.

ReputationRep:
    FLAW:

Main reason people are fat = lack of excercise
    Slim people excercise more
    Excercising produces lots of C02
    Slim people produce lots of C02.
    That post really wasn't mean't to be taken seriously... :battle:

ReputationRep:
    I find it really hard to keep the weight off, I'm not fat but I could so easily be, it's just what I eat, I love bread and chocolate so I eat carbs and fat pretty much, I don't eat 5 fruits n veg, I don't eat hardly any meat and in general I just eat crap and I hardly excercise and to go with that, my metabolism is incredibly slow even if I excercise every day for 3 months! It will still have the same rate.

I'm not gonna eat foods I don't like just to be slim, you only live once and I can't see the point in worrying about what you look like, you will die young anyway from stress! I'd rather eat what I want, enjoy myself and get fat!
    However, if obesity did stop me from doing things I wanted to then I would lose weight straight away!

ReputationRep:
    Tip for all people trying to lose weight/become fitter. Start Muay Thai (thai kickboxing). It's the most physical and strenuous martial art you can do. The weight *will* drop. However, might be that the guy who teaches us has us do an intense fitness workout (30mins) after the end of a 2 hour session.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.