Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girl_in_keele)
    Ok I just got a neg rep for a post and told that a size 18 is not morbidly obese. Well that depends if you'r only 5'3" then I'd say it is.

I have tonnes of personality. I only come on here when I'm bored, in between study as a break. I prefer interacting with real people when I go out for a run or a nice brisk ramble in the hills etc.

If you think I have no personality I'd like to take you out and prove you otherwise. And furthermore if you think I have no personality I put it to you that I atleast have some balls when it comes to dishing out neg rep; I leave my name. I may 'not have a personality' but I do have the decency to let people know that I think they're out-of-order.

Oh, and I'm not 'thin' - I hate that word, it makes me sound anorexic or twiggy with jutty-out bones and ribs showing. I am slim and toned, subtle and agile thankyou very much.
    You are getting pretty ridiculous negative reps. The reality of it is, when people are anonymous they are *****es. (Also, they are probably negatively repping you on the basis of your first post, regarding how you felt as if you were not controversial enough before. They perhaps think that "having no personality' would be the most detrimental to you. People like to hurt others-- or at least attempt to-- on what they think the other person is most vulnerable to.)

At least they should negative rep you for your thread, not for your personality or other more personal reasons. This is the ****ing internet, how can they even tell your personality? I have had my fair share of negative reps--which doesn't bother me, but only one really nasty anonymous one insulting my personality,looks, and basically everything about me. Don't worry. I ended up messaging him...He never sent me a picture of himself. All words & no substance to back it up.

ReputationRep:
    I have to agree with PaperMoons post previously, the whole thing seems like a shoddy attempt at advertising yourself.
    To me someone that can create a thread to **** off someone that is overweight, has too much time on their hands

ReputationRep:
    Its kind of ironic that you have enough time to tell me that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TKR)
    "why do shops stock clothes with those sizes?"!

they have to wear something!!!
    Can you imagine if all these grossly huge people were waddling around naked, rippling fat?

ReputationRep:
    I like the way people pick up on the clothes comment which was a joke you morons - see signature.

Put everyone gladly side-steps the issue of what it is costing the NHS.

And also some people won't wake up and smell the sofee when it is clear that many obese people are like that through bad diet.

Just watch 'You Are What You Eat.' She changes their diets and they all start losing weight. You should see what they were shovelling into their gobs in the first place and they wonder why they are unhealthy. Don't tell me that is genetic, oh please. But I do know it costs the NHS billions.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for calling me a moron. Please take my comments with a big bowl of salt.

ReputationRep:
    fatty-fatty-boom-boom

ReputationRep:
    Just watch 'You Are What You Eat.' She changes their diets and they all start losing weight. You should see what they were shovelling into their gobs in the first place and they wonder why they are unhealthy. Don't tell me that is genetic, oh please. But I do know it costs the NHS billions.
    Those programs bug me so much, and use up so much airtime. They all basically say the same thing - eat healthier, exercise more, but all they really have is their own little gimmick. On one the woman examines their ****, and another they have (questionable) computer enhancments of their photos. They should just amalgamate them into one half hour slot.

ReputationRep:
    Its kind of ironic that you have enough time to tell me that.
    Yea, sure. Don't do internet debates, utterly pointless. Was just voicing an opinion

ReputationRep:
    well i guess by the OPs standard im a size 12/14 and i'm fat.oh hey kill me whilst you're at it..or maybe i should just go and starve myself, ould that make you feel better? bah

ReputationRep:
    im not fat. ha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshgem)
    im not fat. ha!
    That's what every skinny person who posted in this thread really wanted to say. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Nope your not the only person who thinks it's a bit shallow!!!!! Everyone is different at the end of the day, or the world would be very boring place. How do you know people who are overweight, don't have a medical problem? These people could be extremely unhappy in their lives as they may not be able to lose the weight, but it does not mean that they're looking at you in a certain way, they could be having a bad day, we all get them. Also whats to say that you haven't given off certain types of body language, that makes them feel uncomfortable?? Sometimes in this world we need to just stop and look outside the box, people bounce of off eachother and that includes types of behaviour cause reactions.
    (Original post by buttons7)
    am i the only person who thinks it's a bit shallow to post all that just in order to get more rep? seriously, it's only an internet forum. and fat people aren't all bitter and evil - i'm not fat myself and i have never had any problems with people who are a little on the podgier side. please stop complaining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    well i guess by the OPs standard im a size 12/14 and i'm fat.oh hey kill me whilst you're at it..or maybe i should just go and starve myself, ould that make you feel better? bah
    erm, i don't recall her ever saying size 12/14 was fat...she's been metioning sizes 18+ and there is a BIG difference between being a size 12 and being a size 22. for starters, a size 12/14 is a healthy size, and i know some size 12s who have basically no fat whatsoever on their bodies.

i have yet to meet a size 18 who has any muscle tone anywhere on their body. i would love to tone my body up a bit more but i am a normal size 10/12 and at 5"8 i think i look pretty healthy (if slightly wobbley, but hey, i have curves in the right places ). however, how many size 20's do you know who can say 'at least i'm healthy?!'....

....i think the OP didn't do a very good job in distinguishing who she is talking about...by going on about the brilliance of being a size 8 i think maybe she led people to believe she was getting at anyone who isn't a size 8...whereas what she actually means (i think) is people who actually are obese, not people who take a bigger clothes size than 8 or who don't have a perfect arse.

ReputationRep:
    I never said size 12/14 is fat! That's pretty normal and healthy. Also taking into account that sometimes you have to buy bigger tops becuase of our lady chests.

You are not fat, no way. 12/14 is fine.

--------------

And I may have a 'perfect arse' but I have no tits.

And Sometimes I have to buy size 10 trousers because of funny sizes you get in some shops. Bearing in mind I am only 5'3", too.

ReputationRep:
    So I'm not portraying tha size 8 is the optimum size to be at, cos if I was any taller I'd be underweight and that's for another thread.

ReputationRep:
    I don't expect praise from fat people, I just don't want them to comment on my size in their little whingy voices - I don't comment to them about their size! Know what I mean?!

Secondly, I'm not insecure at all, I am fit and healthy and would be probably right to say that i'm pretty fit in the other sense too ll!

I have no real point, and no real strong argument, just thought I'd leave people with enough to discuss themselves.
    I hear this weeek in the news that the NHS spends billions on the repercussions of junk food, I think obese people account for the majority of this. Its not healthy, its laziness, and I don't believe that all fat people have an illness that leads to it eigther, thats riduculous.

And they aren't 'big boned' either.
    then what is this? a cry for attention? "OH LOOK AT ME! IM SO SLIM AND FIT AND GORGEOUS AND I CANT HELP IT!!" *sob*

you put all of us who've ever had negative self esteem to shame by contradticing yourself so heavily in that statement.

make up your mind:

do you just dislike fat people?
    or do you like (or are so insecure) about yourself so much that youll actually post such attention getting posts that scream, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME?

--------------

I never said size 12/14 is fat! That's pretty normal and healthy. Also taking into account that sometimes you have to buy bigger tops becuase of our lady chests.

You are not fat, no way. 12/14 is fine.

--------------

And I may have a 'perfect arse' but I have no tits.

And Sometimes I have to buy size 10 trousers because of funny sizes you get in some shops. Bearing in mind I am only 5'3", too.
    thanks for approving of that....

so now do I get the offical seal that I'm a size 12 and 5'7? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    To the thread starter,
    I've been fat, and now I'm thin. I've had the 'will-power' to get to this point. I've been given dirty looks by fat people and told I'm too thin and all the rest of the comments that you feel constitutes persecution.
    Categorically, it is much, much better to be thin, and all the comments in the world won't change this simple fact. It's immensely hard to lose weight and those fat women (it's interesting how you choose to exclude men from this) piling the junk food on the conveyor belts, nine times out of ten, are depressed. When all you seem to be defined as is 'fat', there does come a point when you think 'f*** it, why not?' In fact, it was only when I started losing weight, and actually started receiving positive comments that I really gained the motivation to go all the way.
    I'm going to guess that you've never been fat, or had a problem with your weight and always had a natural inclination towards sports and keeping fit. Not so with us (former) fatties. When it came to Games and PE at school, the only exercise I ever received was one in humiliation. The teachers ignore you, put you in pointless positions and half the time just send you to the edge of the pitch to play with a bean bag or something. To be honest, it put me off for life.
    In short, as someone who has been on both sides of the fence (and managed to crush it on the way over), I would advise you to hold your judgement. There is nothing that sounds quite so ignorant as a person who judges those whose situation they are fortunate enough to have never found themselves in. You sound like a nice person, and I really admire your self-confidence, but I really suggest a bit of attempted empathy on your part - it may stop you talking out of your perfectly toned arse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barb24)
    To the thread starter,
    I've been fat, and now I'm thin. I've had the 'will-power' to get to this point. I've been given dirty looks by fat people and told I'm too thin and all the rest of the comments that you feel constitutes persecution.
    Categorically, it is much, much better to be thin, and all the comments in the world won't change this simple fact. It's immensely hard to lose weight and those fat women (it's interesting how you choose to exclude men from this) piling the junk food on the conveyor belts, nine times out of ten, are depressed. When all you seem to be defined as is 'fat', there does come a point when you think 'f*** it, why not?' In fact, it was only when I started losing weight, and actually started receiving positive comments that I really gained the motivation to go all the way.
    I'm going to guess that you've never been fat, or had a problem with your weight and always had a natural inclination towards sports and keeping fit. Not so with us (former) fatties. When it came to Games and PE at school, the only exercise I ever received was one in humiliation. The teachers ignore you, put you in pointless positions and half the time just send you to the edge of the pitch to play with a bean bag or something. To be honest, it put me off for life.
    In short, as someone who has been on both sides of the fence (and managed to crush it on the way over), I would advise you to hold your judgement. There is nothing that sounds quite so ignorant as a person who judges those whose situation they are fortunate enough to have never found themselves in. You sound like a nice person, and I really admire your self-confidence, but I really suggest a bit of attempted empathy on your part - it may stop you talking out of your perfectly toned arse
    fork!n ace post.

ReputationRep:
    How fat is around 12 stone & 5'5"-6"? For a guy.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.