Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    fork!n ace post.
    Why thank you (unless you're exercising your fluency in lying). Am now off to buy some chips and cheese. TTFN!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girl_in_keele)
    Even harsher, why do shops stock up to sizes 20-30? It seems to me as if it gives a signal to these women that it is fashionabley OK to be unhealthily fat and there is no incentive to slim down becuase their groos size is catered for.
    You have obviously never had to buy size 16+ clothes that look good then, have you?? It isn't as easy as buying size 10-14 clothes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barb24)
    To the thread starter,
    I've been fat, and now I'm thin. I've had the 'will-power' to get to this point. I've been given dirty looks by fat people and told I'm too thin and all the rest of the comments that you feel constitutes persecution.
    Categorically, it is much, much better to be thin, and all the comments in the world won't change this simple fact. It's immensely hard to lose weight and those fat women (it's interesting how you choose to exclude men from this) piling the junk food on the conveyor belts, nine times out of ten, are depressed. When all you seem to be defined as is 'fat', there does come a point when you think 'f*** it, why not?' In fact, it was only when I started losing weight, and actually started receiving positive comments that I really gained the motivation to go all the way.
    I'm going to guess that you've never been fat, or had a problem with your weight and always had a natural inclination towards sports and keeping fit. Not so with us (former) fatties. When it came to Games and PE at school, the only exercise I ever received was one in humiliation. The teachers ignore you, put you in pointless positions and half the time just send you to the edge of the pitch to play with a bean bag or something. To be honest, it put me off for life.
    In short, as someone who has been on both sides of the fence (and managed to crush it on the way over), I would advise you to hold your judgement. There is nothing that sounds quite so ignorant as a person who judges those whose situation they are fortunate enough to have never found themselves in. You sound like a nice person, and I really admire your self-confidence, but I really suggest a bit of attempted empathy on your part - it may stop you talking out of your perfectly toned arse
    that is one of the best posts ive read for a while, will be repping you

(Original post by barb24)
    To the thread starter,
    I've been fat, and now I'm thin. I've had the 'will-power' to get to this point. I've been given dirty looks by fat people and told I'm too thin and all the rest of the comments that you feel constitutes persecution.
    Categorically, it is much, much better to be thin, and all the comments in the world won't change this simple fact. It's immensely hard to lose weight and those fat women (it's interesting how you choose to exclude men from this) piling the junk food on the conveyor belts, nine times out of ten, are depressed. When all you seem to be defined as is 'fat', there does come a point when you think 'f*** it, why not?' In fact, it was only when I started losing weight, and actually started receiving positive comments that I really gained the motivation to go all the way.
    I'm going to guess that you've never been fat, or had a problem with your weight and always had a natural inclination towards sports and keeping fit. Not so with us (former) fatties. When it came to Games and PE at school, the only exercise I ever received was one in humiliation. The teachers ignore you, put you in pointless positions and half the time just send you to the edge of the pitch to play with a bean bag or something. To be honest, it put me off for life.
    In short, as someone who has been on both sides of the fence (and managed to crush it on the way over), I would advise you to hold your judgement. There is nothing that sounds quite so ignorant as a person who judges those whose situation they are fortunate enough to have never found themselves in. You sound like a nice person, and I really admire your self-confidence, but I really suggest a bit of attempted empathy on your part - it may stop you talking out of your perfectly toned arse
    Fantastic post. Rep tomorrow.

It amazes me thred starter how you are taking such an interested in how you think 'fat' people think about you. I mean, why does it matter what they think of you. Have you been in their situation? No. Well then you probably don't know what they have had to be put up with!

Have you had to put up with continuous bullying for your size? Probably not. Imagine the grief some (not all) obese people have gone through, and you have the damned view of them feeling sorry for you? What bloody for?
    Btw im slim and i don't have the same view as you at all.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, though I'm relatively new to this forum so not sure what rep is! Sounds good tho, and I'm guessing it has something to do with reputation (don't really have to be a genius to figure that one out!).

ReputationRep:
    lol the more people rep the more gems you get, :readthefaq:

ReputationRep:
    for example - trig has a ridiculous amount because she is so lovely

ReputationRep:
    oh stop whoring

(Original post by killerbee)
    for example - trig has a ridiculous amount because she is so lovely
    i have more then sexy trig :p:

ReputationRep:
    no you dont...98?

(Original post by trigger)
    no you dont...98?
    99 dear girl....99

ReputationRep:
    :mad:

:mad:
    :rofl:

*squeezes*

*pokes*

:love:

ReputationRep:
    :mad:.

ReputationRep:
    ah well i might as well just starve myself. that is seriously the only way i'll ever be a size 10 again. but hey its happened before. i was about a size 14, but igot told i was fat by people just like the OP, day n day out. wonderfully that led to my being depressed (and some other crap) and i lost my appietite, and lostone hell of a lot of weight. i was thin sure, but in no way was i healthy. Over the last few years ys ive out some weight back on, and by my own admission theres that bit more than there should be. Back to being a size 14 again. Howebver i'm also suffering from depression again. I relaised that i haven't eaten a meal in 2 days. and also the contraceptive injection is well known for causing some people to put on weight/and have difficulty losing it.

my point being think about what you say. ok yes some people are "fat" and don't care etc, but some of us care a lot and some of us aren't very good at coping with the same criticism day in day out from a society that deems you have to be stick thin to be healthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kard)
    Eva Longoria is supposedly size 0.
    They've increased the sizes in the US in order to make people feel better about themselves.

A size 8 ain't what it used to be!

And surely we should be aiming to be slim, rather than thin. A happy medium.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    ah well i might as well just starve myself. that is seriously the only way i'll ever be a size 10 again. but hey its happened before. i was about a size 14, but igot told i was fat by people just like the OP, day n day out. wonderfully that led to my being depressed (and some other crap) and i lost my appietite, and lostone hell of a lot of weight. i was thin sure, but in no way was i healthy. Over the last few years ys ive out some weight back on, and by my own admission theres that bit more than there should be. Back to being a size 14 again. Howebver i'm also suffering from depression again. I relaised that i haven't eaten a meal in 2 days. and also the contraceptive injection is well known for causing some people to put on weight/and have difficulty losing it.

my point being think about what you say. ok yes some people are "fat" and don't care etc, but some of us care a lot and some of us aren't very good at coping with the same criticism day in day out from a society that deems you have to be stick thin to be healthy.
    there you go again saying a size 14 is fat! unless you're really short, a size 14 is in no ways fat. the OP hasn't said that, no one's implied it...it's just your paranoia that when someone mentions the word 'fat' they automatically mean you! you said so yourself you weren't healthy when you were smaller, so surely that shows you that being a 'healthy' size 14 means you are not fat?!

ReputationRep:
    Right, bit clearer on that now. Btw, to messed up, I think it was you I kind of attacked on the promiscuity thread. Sorry to be so volatile, but I'm a law student, and reading rape cases that have happened in the past makes me so, so angry I just can't help myself.

ReputationRep:
    check ure cp

ReputationRep:
    check ure cp
    cp?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.