This discussion is closed.
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I'm moving in about a week, and I'm just wondering if I should take this computer of mine. It is a pretty good one, though a little dated now. I've gone and bought myself a new laptop which actually outstrips this one in every aspect, but what are the chances of needing this bulky thing as a spare? More importantly, what do I do with it if I'm not going to take it with me?
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I'm moving in about a week, and I'm just wondering if I should take this computer of mine. It is a pretty good one, though a little dated now. I've gone and bought myself a new laptop which actually outstrips this one in every aspect, but what are the chances of needing this bulky thing as a spare? More importantly, what do I do with it if I'm not going to take it with me?
Just take it! you never know when it'll come in handy! Dont know where u cud keep it though!
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
If you have room where to fit it and the way to carry it you should take it in my opinion. A computer is always better than a laptop. Otherwise you could try to sell it in ebay.
Sire
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
If you have room where to fit it and the way to carry it you should take it in my opinion. A computer is always better than a laptop. Otherwise you could try to sell it in ebay.
Yeah, but the space issue is what has me worried. Even if I just keep it somewhere it will most likely get in the way. But I don't really want to get rid of it. Decisions decisions. I don't suppose anyone here wants a 1.7ghz with 60gig HD and all the other mod cons that go with it?
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Yeah, but the space issue is what has me worried. Even if I just keep it somewhere it will most likely get in the way. But I don't really want to get rid of it. Decisions decisions. I don't suppose anyone here wants a 1.7ghz with 60gig HD and all the other mod cons that go with it?
If I were in your place I would take it, if sometime you can't keep it you have always time to sell it or trash it...
Sire
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
If I were in your place I would take it, if sometime you can't keep it you have always time to sell it or trash it...
Makes sense, I just wasn't sure. Thanks for the advice.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Makes sense, I just wasn't sure. Thanks for the advice.
Hey, no problem, you are welcome.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
i would ask the price but

youre in australia.
Weirdo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My laptop's screen blew, and there was no way I could send it in to be repaired coz I constantly need it for school work - my old monitor came in handy! I think you should keep it... take the hard disk out at least!

Then again, I'd be temped to just rip it open, then experiment with all the pieces :rolleyes:

*Tara*
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
take it................it won't take up that much room!
emma_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you might actually use it, then take it.
If not, it's only going to sit around taking up space and depreciating in value, so would be better to sell it now.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)

always keep your computers nolan (my brother) can rebuild computers out of old parts that are just as good as new ones.
Weirdo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
always keep your computers nolan (my brother) can rebuild computers out of old parts that are just as good as new ones.
cool.... I wish I could do that!

I just take them apart and manage to completely mess them up :rolleyes: I might learn something in the end...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (242)
61.89%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.6%
No- I want it (105)
26.85%
No- I don't want it (26)
6.65%

Watched Threads