Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else had this - i've lost nearly 200 posts ??? or was it that Word Association has finally been deleted (I can't believe i've posted 200 times on that tho...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    has anyone else had this - i've lost nearly 200 posts ??? or was it that Word Association has finally been deleted (I can't believe i've posted 200 times on that tho...)
    ROFLMAO Sire is right once again lol. 4Ed mate, the Word Association thread was discussed earlier by some of the senior members of the forum, and the vote was that it be deleted. Check the thread by Xenon on highest post per thread. I got it right that a few people would lose around 200 lol. *dances a jig* Don't get too worried about it though, I thought I only had 30 odd on there but my count dropped by 70-80 posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    ROFLMAO Sire is right once again lol. 4Ed mate, the Word Association thread was discussed earlier by some of the senior members of the forum, and the vote was that it be deleted. Check the thread by Xenon on highest post per thread. I got it right that a few people would lose around 200 lol. *dances a jig* Don't get too worried about it though, I thought I only had 30 odd on there but my count dropped by 70-80 posts.
    why did they delete that?????? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    lol I just can't believe I've been sad enough to have posted that many on Word Association... although imagine how many Tinykates will have lost ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    lol I just can't believe I've been sad enough to have posted that many on Word Association... although imagine how many Tinykates will have lost ?
    Hmm, thats a good point, she posted on there a lot didn't she.

ReputationRep:
    actually i think i have lost about 150... i haven't been THAT active on word assoc

ReputationRep:
    As best I can work out, Tinykates lost damn near 300 posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    yeah she was on at least 1400, now she's on 1000 odd ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    yeah she was on at least 1400, now she's on 1000 odd ...
    poor gal!

ReputationRep:
    hey i must hae lost about 100 - but who cares

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    hey i must hae lost about 100 - but who cares
    in fact its closer to 200 - i vote we should delete the hp thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    in fact its closer to 200 - i vote we should delete the hp thread
    rofl it would be interesting to see certain people lost alot of posts

ReputationRep:
    Lesson learnt I hope. Don't post too many on useless threads. I do feel for those who lost loads of posts. I lost only about 20. (Phew!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Lesson learnt I hope. Don't post too many on useless threads. I do feel for those who lost loads of posts. I lost only about 20. (Phew!)
    lesson learnt - i propose deleting the hp thread - i posted a bit on there, but it would be funny if it went

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    lesson learnt - i propose deleting the hp thread - i posted a bit on there, but it would be funny if it went
    Nope it wouldn't be funny! Seriously it wouldn't, not for me anyways. Anyways, it's been there, done that, got the t-shirt etc. It was once deleted by mistake, and came back. Then it got closed, and came back, but people kept their post counts then. The reason the word association thread was deleted was because people were probably seeing it as an easy was to increase post count. You could remove most of that thread leaving the last word, and all the previous threads would not be remembered, cos there was nothing meaningful to say on the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Nope it wouldn't be funny! Seriously it wouldn't, not for me anyways. Anyways, it's been there, done that, got the t-shirt etc. It was once deleted by mistake, and came back. Then it got closed, and came back, but people kept their post counts then. The reason the word association thread was deleted was because people were probably seeing it as an easy was to increase post count. You could remove most of that thread leaving the last word, and all the previous threads would not be remembered, cos there was nothing meaningful to say on the thread.
    i could say the same about the hp thread, there is nothing really meaningful on it at all, teh y should delete it and leave it, anyway the word association thread had some good memories and discussions, if you ever looked, you would find that it had lots of littel tangents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    he he -and some of them were good - it wasn't ONLY word association - they could have locked it instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    he he -and some of them were good - it wasn't ONLY word association - they could have locked it instead
    poor you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    thats true - and WA was a nice way to while away the time.

so, i propose word association II

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.