Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juueru_chou)
    I don't think Children in need is such a great cause, on the surface, the fact that people give so much is good, but when the state allows people to get into some of the situations seen in the videos, like children caring for over children, is unaccpectable.
    Have to agree there. The % of folks inpoverty too is quite high and cause some of the things Children in Need try to overcome.

On a lighter note: has Jordan been taking sining lesson cos I hate to say it but she don't sound too bad tonight. Or is it the couple of glasses of wine I have drank??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    Or is it the couple of glasses of wine I have drank??
    Logic dictates that it must be the wine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyncMaster_770)
    Logic dictates that it must be the wine.
    Ture she could never sound that good!!

ReputationRep:
    Children in need is one of the most important charities in this great nation.

They are the future that needs to be looked after.

It's a shame that many children grow up in poverty in this so called 'great' britain. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juueru_chou)
    I don't think Children in need is such a great cause, on the surface, the fact that people give so much is good, but when the state allows people to get into some of the situations seen in the videos, like children caring for over children, is unaccpectable.
    When I said before that it's a 'fantastic cause', I mean that it was great that money is being raised to at least try and help some children who are in such horrible situations - it's disgusting that people should not only go on existing in these situations, but be allowed to get into them in the first place.

But surely that's the nature of most, if not all charities: to try and aide children in need, people in need, or whatever cause it has been set up for in the first place. Children in Need is one of many many charities - but if it can air its cause so publicly and raise the money that it does, then surely that's something?

--------------

(Original post by Cindy)
    On a lighter note: has Jordan been taking sining lesson cos I hate to say it but she don't sound too bad tonight. Or is it the couple of glasses of wine I have drank??
    its the wine, dammit, the wine i tell you....

(The girl cannot mime, for heaven's sake!)

ReputationRep:
    anyone remember what song it was nikki sanderson sang...!?

ReputationRep:
    bovered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RealityIsDull)
    bovered?
    Not, look at my face!

She is soooooo funny.

ReputationRep:
    DONATE NOW oNLINE!!!

https://www.donate.bt.com/bt_form_ci...p_form_id=CHIN

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    DONATE NOW oNLINE!!!

https://www.donate.bt.com/bt_form_ci...p_form_id=CHIN
    thanks

kokopops - the song was called Let's Stay Together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjuk)
    Children in need is one of the most important charities in this great nation.

They are the future that needs to be looked after.

It's a shame that many children grow up in poverty in this so called 'great' britain. :mad:
    Its a shame you can't specify and regulate where your money goes. Who knows how much of it gets shipped out to Africa and god know where else. I don't trust the BBC and its for this reason I shan't be donating any money. I do what I can in my own way when I know exactly how my money is being spent and know without a doubt that its being spent on the British only.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmik_debris)
    Its a shame you can't specify and regulate where your money goes. Who knows how much of it gets shipped out to Africa and god know where else. I don't trust the BBC and its for this reason I shan't be donating any money. I do what I can in my own way when I know exactly how my money is being spent and know without a doubt that its being spent on the British only.
    Agreed mate but children are born ignorant to religion,class,national identity and political ideology.

We need to address the hidden shame of Britain and look beyond the borders of london because.... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/2564613.stm

ReputationRep:
    What's the name of this song by Katie Melua?

Love it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red665)
    What's the name of this song by Katie Melua?

Love it!

According to Katie's official site, it's called "On the Road Again".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjuk)
    Agreed mate but children are born ignorant to religion,class,national identity and political ideology.

We need to address the hidden shame of Britain and look beyond the borders of london because.... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/2564613.stm
    Absolutely, Sir, but all the while we've got these huge and under-estimated home-grown problems, I refuse to piss away money to Africa where it will be, most likely, quickly back-pocketed by the powers that be.

ReputationRep:
    you do know that the great in great britain revers to great brittana ie a bigger version of brittany? ok then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    you do know that the great in great britain revers to great brittana ie a bigger version of brittany? ok then
    You what?

ReputationRep:
    Um.. Children In Need is for kids in the UK. It's Comic Relief where the cash goes to Africa as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmik_debris)
    You what?
    lol you didnt think that the great in great britain meant britan is great did you? its refering to france!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    lol you didnt think that the great in great britain meant britan is great did you? its refering to france!
    What an earth are you talking about? From where did you conceive this ludicrous idea?! :rofl: Great Britain refers to the largest island of the British Isles (ie. England, Scotland, Wales) + some of our smaller off-shore territories. Brittany as we know it now, was only settled and named by fleeing Britons in the Dark Ages. Originally 'Great Britain' would have refered to what we now call the United Kingdom.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.