Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How weird is this...

I've been offered AAB and a B at AS to study law at KCL...the terms are:

"grades AAB from A-levels not including General Studies and including Biology, Chemistry and Physics"...

Nothing wrong so far right??

Now let me tell you I'm only doing 3 a-levels: bio, phys and MATHS!!!!

Odd?? Damn right!!

Then underneath it said:

"This offer is made on the understanding that you will be paying the higher OVERSEAS student fees..." even though i was born here and have lived here my whole life!!! I may be malaysian, but my fee code was 02 LEA just like everyone elses....

Am i to assume then that once they find out i'm not an overseas student, they'll withdraw my offer? Also, would you want to put a uni as your insurance if they can't even get the subjects you're dong right??

G

ReputationRep:
    yeeeaahhh.... that is soooo weird. they probably won't withdraw your offer, but they might change it, probably make it more difficult to achieve... and yes, i wouldn't really trust a uni that can't even get my courses (nor fee status) correctly, not even as an insurance....

ReputationRep:
    Erk. :confused:

I'd ring them asap and get them to explain what they mean... Not sure how they'll justify taking away your offer when you explain you're a UK student. :rolleyes: Hope they sort things out fairly for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    How weird is this...

"grades AAB from A-levels not including General Studies and including Biology, Chemistry and Physics"...

Odd?? Damn right!!

Then underneath it said:

"This offer is made on the understanding that you will be paying the higher OVERSEAS student fees..." even though i was born here and have lived here my whole life!!! I may be malaysian, but my fee code was 02 LEA just like everyone elses....

Am i to assume then that once they find out i'm not an overseas student, they'll withdraw my offer? Also, would you want to put a uni as your insurance if they can't even get the subjects you're dong right??

G
    They've clearly made a mistake and are probably reffering to another candidate. The overseas thing is a dead give away. Ring them up ASAP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    How weird is this...

Odd?? Damn right!!

Then underneath it said:

G
    KCL have no right to change your offer and/or take it away... they put me down as "overseas status" first, but then I just filled in the fees status forms, and they changed it to home status. This would not be true if you had applied with anything other than the 02 LEA fee code, but since you have, just write to them and ask them to send you the forms....

ReputationRep:
    AND ISNT KCL MEANT TO BE A PRESTIGIOUS UNI! THEY SHOULDNT MAKE MISTAKES OR DO SILLY THINGS LIKE THAT...BAD BAD PEOPLE
    i think i woulda wet myself if that was me!! thats perhaps the strangest thing ever! at least this way say if they werent going to give u an offer initially it would be wrong for them not to now! on moral priciples anyway! bet u had a lil bit of a shock!

ReputationRep:
    I think that they have made a mistake and they should correct it if you contact them, but they cant really change thier offer as they probably arnt ment to give priority to people who pay more even if they do in reality.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you're all right that they won't withdraw my offer...

At first i was really worried cos i thought i might've put down the wrong exams i'm taking on the UCAS form...then all my offers would've been including chem!!!!!!!!!!!!

They told me to write to them if i had anything i wanted to clarify...so i did that today...let's just hope things work out...

Cheers for the support...

G

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.