Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Although I'm quite short (5"3), I've got a fairly long body so most normal tops end up being too short for my body and you get unnecessary skin seeage (unless I wear waist-high trousers... no thanks )

Anyway, I was just wondering whether anyone knew of any shops which make tops slightly longer in the body? At the moment it seems a choice between always wearing kaftan-length tops or baring flesh!

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Topshop have some nice new stripy tops which are very long on the body. You can tell when they hang on the rail. The one I own is just cotton, blue and grey with 3/4 length sleeves and is really comfy.

ReputationRep:
    Shirt dress and and long jumper such as this:http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=64712 looks great on long body

ReputationRep:
    Buy a longer top from the tall section of topshop or dorothy perkins for example. Then layer it with a normal top so that the colours go well together. That's what i do caus i have long body and most t-shirts are far to short for me. H&M is also good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitkat)
    Buy a longer top from the tall section of topshop or dorothy perkins for example. Then layer it with a normal top so that the colours go well together. That's what i do caus i have long body and most t-shirts are far to short for me. H&M is also good.
    thats what i would suggest- also- layering looks very good on people with long bodies.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, thanks for all the suggestions *heads off to Topshop* :P

ReputationRep:
    H&M tops seem pretty good for longer tops (I'm pretty tall and they are good on me)

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'9" and have the same prob. the best places are H & M and topshop tall i find

ReputationRep:
    I would have nothing if I did not have Topshop in my life!!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, topshop has loads of extra long stuff this season

ReputationRep:
    Layering is the key - it breaks up a long torso and makes you look better proportioned. This I have learned from many a Wednesday night staying in to watch Trinny and Susannah.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'm actually the opposite to you (I've long legs and a short body) :p:

However I have been re-reading the Trinney and Susannah books my mum gave me last Christmas, and I just read this morning that for short bodies, people should opt for layered tops :cool:

And since it's colder where you live atm, I say buy a couple mad long tops to wear under a funky jumper or something, and see how you go

Hope that helps,

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem as you. I'm 5ft 8" and have quite a long torso. I do what trousers said - layer you clothes

I love Trinny and Susannah! I'm hooked to what not to wear

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.