The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Bradford University

Hi all!

I'm going to Bradford Uni in September to do Foundation Medicine / Clinical Sciences and was hoping to meet anyone else going to the uni or for the course. Also, any advice on accommodation is muchly appreciated - I'm looking at Trinity C Halls, so any current occupants / applicants, please introduce!

Lauren x
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Welcome to Bradford :colone:
At least Leeds/Manchester isn't very far by train.

Can I ask, where abouts is the accomadation? Is it in the center?
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 2
Most of it seems to be quite close to the university, which is pretty close to the centre. It all seems to be quite close to the Media Museum - although my grasp of Bradford's geography (or rather, geography in general) tends to be somewhat lacking (despite living / driving in Yorkshire for my whole life / a year haha). I'm definitely liking how close it is to the uni! Five minute walk by the looks of it x
heyyyy im going bradford this sept aswel! :smile: Hopefully going to study Biomedical Science. I'm deciding between trinity C and halls. My parents want me to stay in halls :s

BUT... we'll see! can't wait :biggrin:
Reply 4
i'm going to bradford too to study pharmacy :smile: what about the new accommodation - the green?
Reply 5
Original post by aa169
i'm going to bradford too to study pharmacy :smile: what about the new accommodation - the green?

SNAP! : ) im doing pharmacy in bradford in sept too. nd im staying at the green dont no which one to choose though out of town house and ensuite. which one r u doing. what r ur grades like for me its gonna be really hrd for me to get a b in bio, i need straight bs in unit 4,5,6. thats gonna b hrd. in unt 4 i got an E. eek

hve u booked ur accomadation yet. where r u from. im from doncaster.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Hey im also going to study pharmacy, at bradford. stuck on accommodation- thinking about the green, are they taking bookings now.
Reply 7
Original post by JJ 91
Hey im also going to study pharmacy, at bradford. stuck on accommodation- thinking about the green, are they taking bookings now.

i phoned up and they said that we can visit the green every wednesday. But it's only for the townhouses NOT the ensuites as they haven't been made yet. :smile:
Reply 8
Hey thanks for the reply,:smile: thinking about choosing the ensuite rooms hopefully.
Reply 9
Hey

I've been confirmed a room in Denis Bellamy. I ruled The Green out because of the price =/. Trinity C is cheaper than Denis Bellamy by about £10 pw, but the admissions lady said they put almost all the first years in Denis Bellamy - hence the attraction, lots of people to meet!
apparantly, the green is the only accommodation available. I applied to trinity halls C and then i got an email telling me to apply for 'the green', so I contacted accommodation and the woman said the same thing .. So i think i'm going to opt for townhouse. Its cheaper than the en suite room. :smile:
Reply 11
The Green is the only one that the university are offereing - if you go through CSM Students (they're the nominated private halls for the university), you can still get Trinity C / Denis Bellamy etc at much much cheaper rates. Denis Bellamy is (I think) £65 a week, Trinity C is cheaper. Something to bear in mind just so you know there is more accommodation available =)
Reply 12
Hey,

I'm going to study Physiotherapy at Bradford in Sept 2011. I'm overseas at moment so can't look at accommodation, any ideas? I was thinking about applying to Trinity C Halls x
Reply 13
Original post by Lauren_x
Hi all!

I'm going to Bradford Uni in September to do Foundation Medicine / Clinical Sciences and was hoping to meet anyone else going to the uni or for the course. Also, any advice on accommodation is muchly appreciated - I'm looking at Trinity C Halls, so any current occupants / applicants, please introduce!

Lauren x

Hi! I'm going to do exactly the same thing as you in september :smile: I thought I wouldnt find anyone on TSR that would ^^
Have you sorted out the accomodation then? I'm still waiting for Bristol :/
Reply 14
Hey, I'm going in September to study Physio too! Hopefully staying in Dennis Bellamy halls, but haven't heard back yet - can't wait! x
Reply 15
Hey Vicky,

What were the conditions of your offer?
Reply 16
Hey!

I actually already have my grades, so my only conditions were that I send them the certificates that show my grades, have the CRB check and have the medical check! :smile:

What were your conditions? Are you definitely going to go to Bradford? x
Reply 17
Ahh ok, I need to get a B in Chemistry, which I am not too sure of achieveing, especially as I am in Australia :/ haha. have you applied to any other universities? I will be studying Medical Science at Plymouth if I don't get into Bradford.
Hey :smile:

I'm going to Bradford as well :smile: I want to study Forensic and medical science and later go for medicine :biggrin:

Anyone knows how does it work with these town halls? Are they all the same price?
Reply 19
Original post by katyness
Hi! I'm going to do exactly the same thing as you in september :smile: I thought I wouldnt find anyone on TSR that would ^^
Have you sorted out the accomodation then? I'm still waiting for Bristol :/

Hey Katy! It's great to hear from you.

I have my accommodation - Denis Bellamy, wooop! I was pleasantly suprised to find people doing the same as me too - I can't wait! Which would you prefer, Bristol or Bradford?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending