Report 9 years ago
28 inch legs, I wish they would grow a few more inches
TheSownRose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Miu-Miu)
Wow that's so strange! What bodyshape are you if you dont mind me asking? Do you usually wear heels?
Bodyshape has been described (very flatteringly by my boyfriend, I might add) as overweight hourglass and no, I never wear heels due to problems with my ankles.

Why? I'm genuinely curious how those two things would influence it.
Saranghea
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That women is right! IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to find jeans (well nearly impossible..) I'm only 34" (10-12) leg and hardly any shops stock that. Next and Topshop do but i don't always like the style :s EVERY shop should tailor for tall people. It's not fair seeing as they almost always have the Petite sections but hardly EVER the tall sections!! So depressing
Miu-Miu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by .Heather.)
Yeah, I get that massive gap with nearly everything too - it's really annoying. Sometimes I have to wear a belt and actually fold the material over at the back! It's worst with skinny jeans to the point where I can't wear them at all. What causes it and where do you buy your jeans?

OP, you must have extremely long legs, unless that's the outside measurement? I wear 32" which are sometimes slightly short, but I find 34" is too long. I'm 5'8" and a size 10/12.
I measure 38 on the inside and 40.3 on the outside. Im not conventionally tall and Im definitely in proportion. It seems most girls' legs here in the higher 30s.

And I cant be wrong because I have the tape on my lap as I just checked it.
Pisces94
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Last time I checked I'm 5'5 and I wear size 8 jeans. Sometimes size 10.
babygirl110
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm really short with annoyingly long legs
.Heather.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I measure 38 on the inside and 40.3 on the outside. Im not conventionally tall and Im definitely in proportion. It seems most girls' legs here in the higher 30s.

And I cant be wrong because I have the tape on my lap as I just checked it.
Is that measuring to your ankle bone or measuring to the ground? What jean length do you buy then? It's hard to find longer than 34" in most shops! I must have short legs
Miu-Miu
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheSownRose)
Bodyshape has been described (very flatteringly by my boyfriend, I might add) as overweight hourglass and no, I never wear heels due to problems with my ankles.

Why? I'm genuinely curious how those two things would influence it.

In my head it is rare for such a tall girl to have relatively short legs. I though maybe you meant that you have 26inch legs normally but that youd be 5"11 in heels. Idk why I read it like that at first but its late and Im on my phone
secret_smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
so yeah how long are your legs?

mine are 40inches heel to start which is puzzling because Im just about tall for a girl ( 5ft8 yeah boyyyyyyyy) and I can find jeans at the click of a finger. Hers were 36inches. Shes coming back to see if we kept to our promise re:the complaint on Monday and Idk what to say. Want to tell her its her fat arse's fault but im too young to die.

ooops i think this should be in fashion and beauty. can a mod move it please? thanks. mwah. :sexface:
Where do you shop!?? :lolwut:

Are you sure you are measuring your inside leg? Not just from your hip?

Because I have 38" inside leg at 6'1" and jeans are a bloody nightmare to find as pretty much every highstreet shop stops at 36".

Just curious where you are finding 40" inside leg jeans at the click of a finger...
HARRY PUTAH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Want to tell her its her fat arse's fault but im too young to die.

[
Tell me where this shop is, what time I should be there and the woman in-question.

I guarantee a screeching sound emanating from the back of the shop.
TheSownRose
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In my head it is rare for such a tall girl to have relatively short legs. I though maybe you meant that you have 26inch legs normally but that youd be 5"11 in heels. Idk why I read it like that at first but its late and Im on my phone
No, no - 5'11" is my natural height.
ily_em
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
do you guys reckon she's measuring in the wrong way? do you measure from the inside or the outside?
You measure just the inside - is that how you measure? If so, 40" is ****ing ridiculous - 36" inside leg is considered long and is normally what the 'tall' range is in shops, so you're probably closer to that or 34".

In shops it's usually:

tall 36"
normal 32" or 34"
short 30" or 28"

My inside leg is 29" and I'm 5'6" :sad:
-honeybee-
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm 5'8" and my inside leg is 31". I buy 32" jeans.

How can you have 40" legs and be the same height as me?? Your upper body must be quite short :confused: or you measured it wrong. And where do you easily find jeans? I've never seen any longer than 38" (one time).
Miu-Miu
Rep:
?
(Original post by secret_smile)
Where do you shop!?? :lolwut:

Are you sure you are measuring your inside leg? Not just from your hip?

Because I have 38" inside leg at 6'1" and jeans are a bloody nightmare to find as pretty much every highstreet shop stops at 36".

Just curious where you are finding 40" inside leg jeans at the click of a finger...
Heel to hip bone ie outside- 40
Inner heel to fanny :teehee: ie inside - 38

I go uniqlo and have them altered on the weekend. For me thats quick service
TheSownRose
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ily_em)
My inside leg is 29" and I'm 5'6" :sad:
I have you beat: 5'11" with 26" inside leg.
chemical_bex
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm 5'9ish, I've never measured my legs before, all I know is that I wear a 28W/34L and that's JUST long enough, thank goodness because it's tough enough finding that length
ily_em
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have you beat: 5'11" with 26" inside leg.
Yeh I know I saw your posts. They do feel short though when I stand next to my 6' friend (girl) whose legs are 7" longer than mine...
TheSownRose
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ily_em)
Yeh I know I saw your posts. They do feel short though when I stand next to my 6' friend (girl) whose legs are 7" longer than mine...
Just think, they'd be nearly a foot longer than mine and I'd only be an inch off of overall height. :lol:

Does they feel less short now?
ily_em
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just think, they'd be nearly a foot longer than mine and I'd only be an inch off of overall height. :lol:

Does they feel less short now?
Yes, thanks for existing :P Now to work on their wideness...
anoushka1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
5ft 8
36 inches I have weirdly long legs for my body so people always think Im at least 5ft 10ish
Size 8-10 depends on the shop
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (207)
38.84%
Take autumn exams (161)
30.21%
Look for a job (19)
3.56%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.13%
Take a year out (92)
17.26%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
6%

Watched Threads