Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Im 5foot8, 34 inch leg and a size 8-10
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by .Heather.)
Yeah, I get that massive gap with nearly everything too - it's really annoying. Sometimes I have to wear a belt and actually fold the material over at the back! It's worst with skinny jeans to the point where I can't wear them at all. What causes it and where do you buy your jeans?

OP, you must have extremely long legs, unless that's the outside measurement? I wear 32" which are sometimes slightly short, but I find 34" is too long. I'm 5'8" and a size 10/12.
My mum says it's the way they cut them, but it can work the other way; the way our backs are shaped. I have a really curvy lower back, which goes in quite a lot, due to the amount of dancing I've done over the years. I wear belts now and again, but not often because when I eat, my stomach needs to stretch, and there is no chance of that happening with a belt.

I get a lot of my jeans from GAP; there is an outlet store by me, where jeans are priced @ £39.99, which currently have 30 or 40% off. They have all sorts of jeans; skinny, bootcut, straight - you name it, they've got it. I get some of my jeans from DP, but lately I've found when I bend down, you entire backside is on show :facepalm:, and im constantly pulling them up. But then length is there. And Next do some good quality jeans, and are nice and long.

Maybe you should try 33'', instead of 34''?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I can't even get a leg into skinny jeans lol. Im not overweight, very slim, YET I can't get into skinny's no matter what store I go into lol. So I just wear bootcut, can't go wrong.
Mm_Minty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm 5'5 (165cm) and the jeans I'm wearing right now are size 10 and my inside leg's something like 33 inches (sorry about all the unit confusement ahaha). My jeans say 104cm in them but the size part of the label's all in japanese so idk for certain but I think that's the full length of the jeans, and these are skinnies with a fair bit of "crumpling" at the bottom.
My legs are pretty stumpy and the thigh area is longer than the calf section :emo:

I actually find it pretty hard to find good fitting jeans but that's more to do with hip/waist measurements rather than height. I'm 33/34" hip and 27/28" waist and jeans that fit my hip are too baggy further up and jeans that are in my waist size won't go up past my hips

ANYWAY sorry for the ramble ahahah
Laurah5498
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How tall are you? 5"7

How long are your legs? 28 inches

What size do you wear in jeans? 14/16

I have a really long body so finding clothes is a nightmare sometimes!
Remy-Rae
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How tall are you? 5ft 8.5

How long are your legs? I think 33" because I wear 34" from topshop but they're always a tiny bit too long and 32" are definitely too short!

What size do you wear in jeans? 24 or sometimes 25 W

hope this helps!
MDAkhi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
5"1. Dammit.
Size 8 normally- but my butt is...well a bit more 'curvy' than the rest of me. so finding jeans is a bloody nightmare.
Jimbo1234
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
40 inches? Either you are measuring wrong or are full of **** as I have never seen trousers longer then a 36, and 36's are rare enough.
ithoughtofthis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow just noticed most girls on TSR are so model like, super tall and size 8 (Unles stheyre around the 5'' mark, in which case theyre size 6). :ahee:
S_123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
5'1.
Maybe 29" :hmmmm: Unsure.
Size 8/10.
Find it very hard to get jeans that fit me. Too long, too tight at the thighs or too loose at the hips (big thighs and small hips), not enough coverage of belly, etc, etc.
racello
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't know but most trousers are too long for me, boohoo
lacelicker
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ithoughtofthis)
Wow just noticed most girls on TSR are so model like, super tall and size 8 (Unles stheyre around the 5'' mark, in which case theyre size 6). :ahee:
No way I am 5'4, I wear 30" jeans, and I'm a size 14! We're not all model like! :P
Miu-Miu
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Jimbo1234)
40 inches? Either you are measuring wrong or are full of **** as I have never seen trousers longer then a 36, and 36's are rare enough.
Why do I care if you've never seen 38? I said on page 1 and 2 that I have them personally altered to suit me so you can go ahead and spin on it as far as Im concerned. There are girls on this thread like SownRose who are almost 6ft with 26inch legs and there are girls like myself with an inseam of 38 at 178cm.
ithoughtofthis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lacelicker)
No way I am 5'4, I wear 30" jeans, and I'm a size 14! We're not all model like! :P
Bless your un-model like self. Finally, a normal/real human! Lets be friends :ahee:

Spoiler:
Show
Btw Im 5'6 (Would love to say 5'9)
and a size 8-10 (I mean size 8..sometimes a 6!)
Jimbo1234
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Miu-Miu)
Why do I care if you've never seen 38? I said on page 1 and 2 that I have them personally altered to suit me so you can go ahead and spin on it as far as Im concerned. There are girls on this thread like SownRose who are almost 6ft with 26inch legs and there are girls like myself with an inseam of 38 at 178cm.
You said you get trousers with ease yet you have the altered for yourself, is that not a complete contradiction? Don't get me wrong, long legs are good, but above a 32 (either gender) you will struggle to get anything off the shelf.
ellakrystina
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
5'4/5 (I think)
Size 8 jeans (10 on the top)
28" legs, according to the last pair I bought.
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
5 ft 6.5, size 6/8- usually a 32 or 33inch leg but in topshop for some reason I am a 30
MaireMcCullagh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well im 6foot Babieee
Asfar as I know its 36inch if I want a decent length
Size 10-12 uk
Miu-Miu
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Jimbo1234)
You said you get trousers with ease yet you have the altered for yourself, is that not a complete contradiction? Don't get me wrong, long legs are good, but above a 32 (either gender) you will struggle to get anything off the shelf.
No because Im not a lazy sod. Picking up the right waist size and the most suitable length and then walking to the counter to pay and ask for a customisation is not rocket science. It takes what two days? Id rather wait for a bit than wear ankle swingers.

If thats what counts as hard work or difficulty these days then I despair for us. I really do.

And youre wrong. H&M, Topshop, Miss Selfridge and D. Perkins all regularly stock up to 36 for women. Idk about men as Ive never fitted a guy. I work in one of the shops above as I said in my OP and we go from 26-36 with 28/32 always going the fastest
Blueflare
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Short. :sad:
If the size specifies leg lengths I need to go for short... usually I get regular but then I have to turn them up. :p:
I get size 10/12 btw.
Reluctant Economist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How tall are you?

5'3.5

How long are your legs?
Not sure

What size do you wear in jeans?
Size 0 for gap... :O
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (209)
38.56%
Take autumn exams (163)
30.07%
Look for a job (19)
3.51%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.06%
Take a year out (96)
17.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.09%

Watched Threads