Turn on thread page Beta

The TSR Rammstein Society! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulofanewmachine)
    To be fair, it was mostly only said light-heartedly ... they didn't really think I was a Nazi :rolleyes: I hope.
    but - don't get me wrong - I have read that this is a common problem in the UK, considering everything german as nazi - please tell me I am wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinguin)
    though that is an ordinary german public opinion...but I agree
    And an increasingly British one.

ReputationRep:
    but - don't get me wrong - I have read that this is a common problem in the UK, considering everything german as nazi - please tell me I am wrong
    Ummm, some very old people who were around in the war seem to have opinions that are difficult to judge, but the vast majority of British people no longer think that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the victory james)
    And an increasingly British one.
    I am glad to hear that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Centipe)
    Ummm, some very old people who were around in the war seem to have opinions that are difficult to judge, but the vast majority of British people no longer think that.
    ok, I hope so, thx, mate!

ReputationRep:
    Erm I'm not so sure.

Ask your average person on the street to think of the first thing that comes into their head when you say Germany.

What would it be?

Good point. I'd say Rammstein but I'm sure a lot of people would mention the war. And I've noticed that whenever a German is around people will try and keep away from the subject (they'll even avoid talking about the war going on right now). I don't know if that's normal British behaviour but I've seen it happen many times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    Good point. I'd say Rammstein but I'm sure a lot of people would mention the war. And I've noticed that whenever a German is around people will try and keep away from the subject (they'll even avoid talking about the war going on right now). I don't know if that's normal British behaviour but I've seen it happen many times.
    hm but does it necessarily mean germans are hated in britain? whenever I visited the UK (london, manchester, lancaster, oxford) ppl were very kind...

P.S. And don't forget: "Don't mention the war"

ReputationRep:
    Faulty Towers, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Faulty Towers, anyone?
    exactly, dude "BASIL?!!"

hm but does it necessarily mean germans are hated in britain? whenever I visited the UK (london, manchester, lancaster, oxford) ppl were very kind...
    Nah, I don't think it means that they're hated. I'm sure there are still people out there who are worried that all/most Germans are Nazis, though. Which is ridiculous.

P.S. And don't forget: "Don't mention the war"
    Hehehe.

ReputationRep:
    it's not rammstein related but do you think I should visit Berlin for the Love Parade in July?

ReputationRep:
    where are all the Rammstein ppl...?! :confused:

I'm here. This thread has slowed down a bit, hasn't it? It'd be so much easier to keep this going if Rammstein could be bothered to do something right now. :p:

ReputationRep:
    :ninja: Yes... we should all e-sing Rammstein songs round an e-campfire. That'd be cool.

ReputationRep:
    :ninja: Yes... we should all e-sing Rammstein songs round an e-campfire. That'd be cool.
    a VERY good idea :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    *e-strums an e-guitar*

In cyberspace, I can play guitar! Oh yes

ReputationRep:
    *does an e-bungee jump*

Wow that was good :cool:

Unfortunately my knowledge of German is limited to 'Ich verstehe nicht'

ReputationRep:
    You can hum Keren :p:

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.