Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I'd gone on my year abroad a year later I could have seen them in Stuttgart!

I could have bought tickets for London, of course but ... I didn't.

ReputationRep:
    Just got back and the concert was amazing. Rammstein never disappoint me. Got a few things to do so will post about it properly later.

ReputationRep:
    Rammstein are playing their first ever UK festival in 2010, at Sonisphere! I'm definitely going to be there, and very excitedly.

And Hannah, you seem not to have got around to telling us (me) about that concert... I was looking forward to hearing about it :p:

ReputationRep:
    oww, im goint to see them in manchester

ReputationRep:
    Found the thread

As the sig states - seeing them in Brum in February :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulofanewmachine)
    Rammstein are playing their first ever UK festival in 2010, at Sonisphere! I'm definitely going to be there, and very excitedly.

And Hannah, you seem not to have got around to telling us (me) about that concert... I was looking forward to hearing about it :p:
    Crap, I'm sorry!! My memory has gotten really bad of late.

I don't know whether this is gonna work and they're not the best of pics, but this is what I took: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=51bf9e1133

I really, really enjoyed it, the whole concert was amazing. Had a bit of trouble with getting in cos they hadn't organised queues very well and I had a PDF ticket which I needed to exchange. Met some other British people in the queue though who were really decent and we got some beer (in plastic Pussy cups which we nicked).

The support band, Combichrist, played for half an hour and were really good as they used a lot of heavy beats to get you in the mood for Rammstein.

They played a lot of songs from LIFAD (incuding Ich tue dir weh which I was quite surprised at after it got indexed, but they changed the words slightly) but also some older songs like Links 2 3 4, Weisses Fleisch, Du Hast & Engel. I think my favourite bit was when Flake got into a bathtub shaped thing and came out wearing a silver jumpsuit. He spent almost half the concert playing the keyboard whilst running on a treadmill type thing.
    Some people said they found the concerts disappointing last year because of the acoustics but I think you can expect that in a huge concert hall and I wouldn't blame Rammstein for it. As usual, there were lots of fire effects and fireworks and lighting effects which went well with the songs and which didn't disappoint me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)
    Found the thread
    Welcome!

(Original post by hannah_dru)
    Crap, I'm sorry!! My memory has gotten really bad of late.
    No problem, thanks for getting round to it :cool:

My that sounds awesome. And Combichrist too! That must've been an amazing gig. I saw them at WGT in Leipzig last year and they rocked my socks off.

I wonder if Rammstein's show will change much playing at a festival. I can't imagine Flake going out into the crowd on a dinghy, but you never know.

Thanks for showing us the pics, I want that Germany hoodie!

ReputationRep:
    No problem, thanks for getting round to it :cool:

My that sounds awesome. And Combichrist too! That must've been an amazing gig. I saw them at WGT in Leipzig last year and they rocked my socks off.

I wonder if Rammstein's show will change much playing at a festival. I can't imagine Flake going out into the crowd on a dinghy, but you never know.

Thanks for showing us the pics, I want that Germany hoodie!
    I was buzzing for days after it. I'm not sure, but after seeing what Flake's like I wouldn't be surprised if he did! I wanted to go to Rock am Ring in June but the tickets are so expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want to buy a ticket for their gig in Birmingham coming up?

ReputationRep:
    Just to bump this again: I'm willing to sell at face value + postage.

ReputationRep:
    Going to see them tomorrow in Manchester!! Me and my mates can't wait, they rarely tour in the UK.

Ideally I'd like a bit more of the old stuff, because Liebe ist fur alle da isn't as great as the other albums imo, but it's still awesome, and I'd be happy if they got a perfect mix with the new stuff and then some old stuff. Reise, reise is my one song request but I think they replaced that started song with Rammlied, ah well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben F)
    Going to see them tomorrow in Manchester!! Me and my mates can't wait, they rarely tour in the UK.

Ideally I'd like a bit more of the old stuff, because Liebe ist fur alle da isn't as great as the other albums imo, but it's still awesome, and I'd be happy if they got a perfect mix with the new stuff and then some old stuff. Reise, reise is my one song request but I think they replaced that started song with Rammlied, ah well
    What did you think then? Didn't do Reise, Reise obviously but I thought they had a really good mix of old and new - they got Keine Lust in too which was awesome. In fact the whole thing was just awesome, I just got back to uni and I'm still buzzing - the crowd was on fire and, literally, so was the band (Till::wings:) :p: .

Only one word for it frankly: EPIC! :thumbsup:

EDIT: and Combichrist were really pretty good too, we weren't in the arena when they started up but, when everyone heard that bass they all rushed in :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)
    What did you think then? Didn't do Reise, Reise obviously but I thought they had a really good mix of old and new - they got Keine Lust in too which was awesome. In fact the whole thing was just awesome, I just got back to uni and I'm still buzzing - the crowd was on fire and, literally, so was the band (Till::wings:) :p: .

Only one word for it frankly: EPIC! :thumbsup:

EDIT: and Combichrist were really pretty good too, we weren't in the arena when they started up but, when everyone heard that bass they all rushed in :lol:
    The concert was absolutely AMAZING!. I was in seated unfortunately, but still had an awesome time. Thought combichrist were brilliant too - all the others in lower tier were just sitting down with me looking like a tosser jumping up and down going crazy :p:

But yeah, I've got a huge huge respect for rammstein now, they're incredible live - the performance was top quality, vocals, solos, drumming, everything was done to perfection. And the choreography was fantastic - I loved the babies exploding from the ceiling with green lazer eyes in Wiener Blut

I wasn't disappointed with the new songs they played either, because they were awesome live and loved them completely. Crowd was great too when Rammstein came on, there were like 3 moshpits and a couple of crowd surfers, along with a lotta crazy jumping! I'm definitely going to recommend to people to see these guys though, because they're incredible live!

ReputationRep:
    stein last night..eugh..epic.
    bring on Sonisphere =]

ReputationRep:
    Can I be added to the members list?! Rammstein are some of the best musicians and performers EVER. I saw them live at Wembley on 4th February and it blew my mind! I've been a fan since 2005 but this was the first time I ever saw them in person.

I'm considering going to Sonisphere this summer just to see them again, even though I'm not majorly enthusiastic about seeing the other bands live. (Except Maiden of course)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple Harlequin)
    I'm considering going to Sonisphere this summer just to see them again, even though I'm not majorly enthusiastic about seeing the other bands live. (Except Maiden of course)

Come on now, you've gotta wanna see Alice Cooper as well, just for the novelty value

ReputationRep:
    Come on now, you've gotta wanna see Alice Cooper as well, just for the novelty value
    ^ Oh yes, I forgot that Alice Cooper would be there too! I bet that would be quite the spectacle, second to Rammstein no doubt. xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple Harlequin)
    ^ Oh yes, I forgot that Alice Cooper would be there too! I bet that would be quite the spectacle, second to Rammstein no doubt. xD
    Awesome.

I'll be honest with you, I'm pretty much going just for Rammstein :p: I like most of the other bands announced so far (especially Fear Factory!), but I definitely wouldn't have parted with my cash if it weren't for Rammstein. I'm so excited.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone bought the Ich tu dir weh single? The Rammlied remix is hillarious even if it has butchered the song.

ReputationRep:
    Come on now, we can't let the Rammstein Society die ...

NEWS! New tour and a 'best of' album, it seems. I'd rather an album of new stuff but whatever :P

http://www.rammstein.de/en/news/made...11_tour-album/

I'm quite excited about this because I've just been offered a job in Frankfurt starting in October :-D So I might get to see Rammstein in Germany, awesome...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.