Turn on thread page Beta

psych research methods watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone out there doing higher level psych be able to help w research methods? I've been given a PPQ to do for homework, but seem to be missing some notes!
    Question is "using 2 examples, examine the advantages & disadvantages of each of the following: a) small group interviews (focus groups) b) one-to-one interviews"
    Anyone give me some idea of an example of a focus group? What exactly is the question asking for by that?
    Thanks X

ReputationRep:
    a focus group is the group of people you'll be using in your experiment...like women over the age of 50 or children between the ages of 5 and 9...it's mainly to show how your results will be different because of the specific people you will be observing
    PPQ? what's that?

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing a past paper question.
    Is it a short answer question? How many points is it worth?

ReputationRep:
    5 marks per question. So it obvious doesn't need to be too detailed. And yeah, PPQ=past paper question...I'm just lazy!

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.