The Student Room Group

Selling clothes on ebay?

Right Im poor so I have gathered a load of stuff Im gonna try and sell on ebay. Most of the things are PS2 games, dvds, books, cds etc. However I have an awful lot of clothes I never wear. Has anyone had success selling clothes on ebay? None of it is 'branded' stuff so Im wandering if its a waste of time cos people would probably search for specific brands.
Reply 1
My ex used to sell clothes on eBay. Some stuff she sold, some she didn't... I guess it just depends on who happens to look at it. This is probably about the right time to sell anything on eBay as there should be plenty of people looking for xmas bargins!
Reply 2
I sell clothes on ebay and most of them are not branded.
The tip is on the product title, put a brand name in even if they are not really from that brand, for example 'BNWOT hooded top like topshop'. In this way when people serach for a particular brand, the product will come up in that category :smile:
Hope that helps!
fiesty_fox
The tip is on the product title, put a brand name in even if they are not really from that brand, for example 'BNWOT hooded top like topshop'. In this way when people serach for a particular brand, the product will come up in that category :smile:
Hope that helps!

Nothing personal, but it is SO annoying when people do that! :P
I guess it does get people looking, but for impatient, short tempered people like myself, it is somewhat as a deterrent, as it seems a little cunning really!
Having said that, all is fair in love and ebay...
Not a bad plan really. If I ever get round to selling anything on ebay, I've no doubt I'll end up trying it!
Reply 4
fiesty_fox
Hope that helps!

FINALLY! I have someone to blame for those annoying items *thinks angry and menacing thoughts* :biggrin:
Reply 5
well it works though and it does get people looking :rolleyes:
i use to think it was annoying when i try to look for stuff to buy on ebay but when it comes to selling u just have to in order to sell, otherwise the product just won't sell at all, trust.
Reply 6
wellp, if u wanna play clean then youcan basically put as much information on the title for example "blue demnim sexy cheap shirt" thats got 5 key words in it, takes the chances of someone finding it hinhger
Reply 7
fiesty_fox
Hope that helps!
And that will get your items pulled for keyword spamming, which means you've wasted your listing fee and got a strike on your account.

Don't waste title space with words like "L@@K" or "cheap" as people won't search for them. Make sure you list in the right category too. But mostly clothes don't sell that well, unless they are BNWT. You'll need a really good picture, and even then colours can vary so if it looks a different colour then state in the description. Like "This is navy blue, not black". Take measurements, even though you'll state the size anyway.
Reply 8
Juno
And that will get your items pulled for keyword spamming, which means you've wasted your listing fee and got a strike on your account.

Don't waste title space with words like "L@@K" or "cheap" as people won't search for them. Make sure you list in the right category too. But mostly clothes don't sell that well, unless they are BNWT. You'll need a really good picture, and even then colours can vary so if it looks a different colour then state in the description. Like "This is navy blue, not black". Take measurements, even though you'll state the size anyway.

the keyword spamming bit never happened to me
Reply 9
fiesty_fox
the keyword spamming bit never happened to me
Well you were just lucky.
Reply 10
Aaaah i sell a lot of clothes on ebay. a lot of it doesnt sell, the last lot 14/30 items sold (i made £43 but £3 went to listing fees, and around £15 on p&p and ebay fees). so i made a little bit, but im not sure its worth the effort putting them all up sometimes as it seems to take me aggges

Latest

Trending

Trending