The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Art Foundation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Katharine
I think I'll be going to the degree show, not entirely sure yet. I think it'll be a nice chance to take a look at the campus again :smile:

I think to go would get us pretty excited for October :biggrin: Are you a local student?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 161
Original post by Angelala
well that sucks :/
thanks, and then WE'LL BE FREEEE! uh, can't wait

that sounds great :smile: and will that be at Loughborough too?
my mind changes; I applied to do Fine Art Photography, got two interviews then an offer, but in the end I didn't want to go :P At the moment I'm determined to do History of Art at Courtauld, but we'll see about the grades :wink:

Yep at Loughborough hopefully!!

Is that after Loughborough's foundation or instead of?
Reply 162
Original post by r05hni
Yep at Loughborough hopefully!!

Is that after Loughborough's foundation or instead of?

Wooo! It's a nice town here, and it's hard not to love the woods!

After foundation, as I need to reapply to UCAS early to get my top choices :smile: I can see next year being really fun and useful too
I'm going offline to revise now, speak soon :wink:
Reply 163
I think to go would get us pretty excited for October :biggrin: Are you a local student?

I'm already totally excited but I agree that going there would really be good, it's also a good chance to try and sneak around the accommodation we've chosen! < No, I'm not a local, are you?
Yes, my last exam is on the 20th, so I can just pop along before it finishes. Some people I know are displaying their work so I'm really eager to see :smile:
Do you both know what you'd like to do after foundation?
Good luck with the exams btw, I'm dying a bit here revising Eng Lit :s-smilie:

Oh thats cool! =)

I want to do Graphic Design! And i've just read you want to do History of Art right? =)

Thanks, good luck with yours as well! English lit sounds fun =p Do you have many exams left? I really should be revising French =O
Reply 165
Original post by Katharine
I'm already totally excited but I agree that going there would really be good, it's also a good chance to try and sneak around the accommodation we've chosen! &lt; No, I'm not a local, are you?

Where will you be living? and yep, I live under 10 mins drive up the road :smile:

Original post by Kai Hiwatari
Oh thats cool! =)

I want to do Graphic Design! And i've just read you want to do History of Art right? =)

Thanks, good luck with yours as well! English lit sounds fun =p Do you have many exams left? I really should be revising French =O

Graphic design sounds exciting :smile: Yeah, as much as I love art practice, I'm really interested in understanding it culturally and critically, so hopefully I'll get my grades!
I dropped French after AS and miss it; enjoy your revision ;]
Original post by r05hni
Me neither but I think that on the day is when we can register and then create a password etc. We need to register before 7am as they've announced that the system will be closed for a data import between 7-9am.

Ahh thank you, yeah I got onto it in the end. I left it late though, I did it this afternoon, so am left with shared ensuite in Butler court.
Original post by libbyoj
im in the same situation as you, I'm also doing an art foundation and when i click to register it reconises me but doesn't allow me to read Terms&Conditions or actually enter to create a password...

stressing about it because i cant call anyone before monday!!

also is anyone going for William morris or just Bulter Court cause its the closest!

Did you sort out your issue in the end? I wasn't sure which one to go fot but atm I left it to the last minute so am now stuck with a shared ensuite room in Butler court
Original post by PollyGirl
it doesnt let me continue after recognizing me either (the problem i had before was that it wasnt recognizing me), i think we can only create a password on monday...try asking in the other lboro accommodation thread the people who have already applied to make sure!

and i'm going for william morris as well as butler :smile:

Thank you, I managed to get onto it in the end and this is the third time I am typing this haha but I am going for Butler as well (well kinda have to, left it last minute and it was the only ensuite self catered one left)
Oh thats cool! =)

Ws having a nose around and saw that you do French, which board?
Original post by ouestle92
Does anyone have any ideas about what kind of accomodation they're going for?

Got Butler court, you?
Original post by QuirkyDoDo
Got Butler court, you?

You can put multiple quotes and replies in one post :wink: The button to the right of the "quote" button is for multiquotes.

Graphic design sounds exciting :smile: Yeah, as much as I love art practice, I'm really interested in understanding it culturally and critically, so hopefully I'll get my grades!
I dropped French after AS and miss it; enjoy your revision ;]

Haha thats cool =) I'm sure you'll get the grades! Are you doing Art A-level?
LOL, it was a choice to drop Geography or French for me =( I like both!

Ws having a nose around and saw that you do French, which board?

Lol, i'm on AQA =p what about you?
Original post by Potally_Tissed
You can put multiple quotes and replies in one post :wink: The button to the right of the "quote" button is for multiquotes.

LOL, ahh, it would be me who didnt know, thank you =] Thanks for the Accommodation thread btw, v helpful

Haha thats cool =) I'm sure you'll get the grades! Are you doing Art A-level?
LOL, it was a choice to drop Geography or French for me =( I like both!

Lol, i'm on AQA =p what about you?

Cool, do you find it hard? I'm on OCR, have my exam next week Friday, when's yours?

Cool, do you find it hard? I'm on OCR, have my exam next week Friday, when's yours?

Yeah this year's been so much harder than last year I think!
Ohhh ok =) do you still have to study literature and a period of history (or another topic) for the essay? My exams on the 17th so literally 10 days, which i've just realised is also next Friday =O I have so much revision to doooo
Yeah this year's been so much harder than last year I think!
Ohhh ok =) do you still have to study literature and a period of history (or another topic) for the essay? My exams on the 17th so literally 10 days, which i've just realised is also next Friday =O I have so much revision to doooo

yeah it definitely has! What grade are you aiming for? And yeah, well sort of, we haven't been told exactly what to study, have you?! At School, our teachers just advised us to breeze through all nine topics, then pick two and study them hard so that we are prepared for two questions. mine's on the 17th as well (last exam!) and it's in the afternoon, wanted to get it over and done with tbh. I can't revise atm as I am STILL doing Art and also have the English lit exam on the 16th :frown::frown:
Reply 176
Where will you be living? and yep, I live under 10 mins drive up the road :smile:

wow you do live close :P i've got accom in The Holt
yeah it definitely has! What grade are you aiming for? And yeah, well sort of, we haven't been told exactly what to study, have you?! At School, our teachers just advised us to breeze through all nine topics, then pick two and study them hard so that we are prepared for two questions. mine's on the 17th as well (last exam!) and it's in the afternoon, wanted to get it over and done with tbh. I can't revise atm as I am STILL doing Art and also have the English lit exam on the 16th :frown::frown:

I'm aiming for a B! Got a B last year so I just want to maintain that =) How about you?
Oh! Yeah, we've been studying a book and also France during World War 2! Then we choose 1 of them for the essay question.

Haha yeah, same that'll be my last exam =) Can't wait for summer! That is my motivation for revision xD I'm still doing bits and pieces for art too =/ i really just want to hand in art already because i wont concentrate on revision till thats done xD Aw maaan, good luck with english lit! Good luck with your other subjects too! At least by the end of next week it will all be over =)
I'm aiming for a B! Got a B last year so I just want to maintain that =) How about you?
Oh! Yeah, we've been studying a book and also France during World War 2! Then we choose 1 of them for the essay question.

Haha yeah, same that'll be my last exam =) Can't wait for summer! That is my motivation for revision xD I'm still doing bits and pieces for art too =/ i really just want to hand in art already because i wont concentrate on revision till thats done xD Aw maaan, good luck with english lit! Good luck with your other subjects too! At least by the end of next week it will all be over =)

Aw cool! I'm aiming for an A/A* as I got an A last year and oh my gosh that is such a good layout!

Oh cool haha =] And same!!! Really tired of Art now which is kinda upsetting as I love it =/ Thank you, you too!
Reply 179
I'm thinking of going up to see the show. Is anyone else heading up, and if so what days? Would be good to meet someone before. Let me know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending