Did you keep your high school friends?

Watch
Poll: Did you keep your high school friends when you left?
Yes (35)
20.96%
No (49)
29.34%
Some (83)
49.7%
dannyr
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
When you left school, did you keep your friends? Some of them? All of them?
Discuss!
Iorek
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A select few.... I went to an international type school and I also moved about a lot, but we do make it for reunions and such.

But am only close to a select few who happen to work in the same industry.

Much closer to people I was friends in while at university.
Yawn11
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The ones that mattered yeah.
kat2pult
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I did for about a year but then stopped bothering. We were friends in school and I think that is the only place we would ever have been friends. We didn't have all that much in common, and I got a bit fed up with their immaturity.
ZizziHikaru
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just one, but I knew her out of school too.
Great Lord Xenu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, all of mine are in my basement. They're kind of like living souvenirs.
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A couple. Just the guy mates that actually mean something to me; like my first 'ex' - he's a lifelong friend.

The girls, not so much. I didn't get on too well with the girls at school; too much competition and *****ing.
BellaBoo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A lot of them yeah. I still find that I have a lot in common with the majority of them so I do value their friendships. Although to be honest, there are some who I keep in contact with via phone/facebook who I don't see much in real life so I don't know if that would still b classed as 'keeping' them??
Bluth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
At 19 going on 20, all of the people I'd consider close friends went to primary school with me.
Renal
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
None, all my friends are from uni or elsewhere.
Charlottelisabeth
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I moved around a lot when I was younger so I've been to several different high schools.

I've kept friends with 3 people that I went to primary school with & I've remained friends with a good few people from the different high schools I went to. We aren't as close friends anymore & a lot of them are from Ireland where I lived for some time so I'd never really be able to meet up with them lot. The friends I made in 6th form are all at Uni now (where else I'm in my gap yr) so we only get to meet up every 3 months or there abouts.

Whether I'll still remain friends with them once I've been & finished Uni Idk, maybe. Tbh I'm only still friends with the majority of them because we have been able to keep in contact with each other via facebook so if any of them (esp the ones from Ireland) were to stop using fb then I doubt we'd remain friends .

Ask again in 5 yrs lol! .
tehFrance
Badges: 17
Report 9 years ago
Some of the people I went to school with are friends still, the others I either don't see or are acquaintances now.
Dragon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I kept one high school friend, we still talk and hang out regularly. There are a few others who I keep in touch with but we talk very sparingly.
Menakshelatte
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why do you think I'm in so much depression right now?! I BROKE UP WITH EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YMY FRIENDS WITHIN THE SPACE OF 3 DAYS!
and now i have joined TSR...
Oranges
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kat2pult)
I did for about a year but then stopped bothering. We were friends in school and I think that is the only place we would ever have been friends. We didn't have all that much in common, and I got a bit fed up with their immaturity.
This.

Plus we all scattered due to Uni etc.
The Cornerstone
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes, in fact I have more friends from school than college. Probably because they attract in general different people.
emi_sarb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Only one, but I've been friends with her since the beginning of primary school. The rest I occasionally talk to through facebook but not very often.
Kaloo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I never liked them all that much in the first place tbh.
MrStick
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dannyr)
When you left school, did you keep your friends? Some of them? All of them?
Discuss!
I have most of them on Facebook, even though I rarely use it.

I tried to stay in touch with the friends who I was much closer with. And try not to loose contact with my best friends. (Ofcourse)

Lost most of them when I went to 6th form. Lost more after that. And now, hardly see anyone. QQ

A friend planned a reunion this summer. So should be able to see most of them again. (I hope)
FTstudies
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I kept... three of them! I had more obviously, but they were my best, cba with the others.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.44%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads