3. Financial security
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Petrozzi)
You're thinking of Capoeira.

And it's about as effective as fighting with a straw.
Yeah, you're right - what a pool of knowledge you are. A straw can be quite useful in the right hands. It may look in-effective, but it's well-timed, co-ordinated movements and they're also quite agile. Which means they could probably adapt this to every day life if needed.
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How did we start talking about straws? :confused:
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
Petrozzi did it
Petrozzi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Yeah, you're right - what a pool of knowledge you are. A straw can be quite useful in the right hands. It may look in-effective, but it's well-timed, co-ordinated movements and they're also quite agile. Which means they could probably adapt this to every day life if needed.
Great for impressing chicks, but if you do ever get into a situation where you need to defend yourself and you begin to dance, the attacker is going to assume you're a wendy and beat you twice as much. :|
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
1) £500 million pounds cash in 20 distributed bank accounts of my choosing. And £300 million in gold bullion in a Switzerland vault. £200 million of shares in Volvo.

2) Power over anyone, for them to do my bidding.

3) Power to contact higher alien lifeforms. To practise no. 2 on aliens, for technology...
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Great for impressing chicks, but if you do ever get into a situation where you need to defend yourself and you begin to dance, the attacker is going to assume you're a wendy and beat you twice as much. :|
You never know, he may think you've excreted yourself and back away. I always thought it'd be a good idea to pretend to start panicking if someone starts on you to make them feel they've got the upper hand and then hit them when they're not aware. Never used it though....
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
1. To be able to learn jutsu.
2. To be able to fly.
3. Be able to make money appear whenever I want.

4. (if I may!) To be able to know who is a paedolphile, rapist or child molester so that I can beat the hell out of them before putting them through a grinding machine.
1. To able to know who violent murderers are.
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I was talking about the ineffectiveness os some Martial Arts in a self defense perspective, Ninjitsu for example has lost its clarity over the years and sadly is now another franchise of the McDojos. (A term used for random black belts setting up clubs and teaching incorrect/inaccurate systems).

If Ninjitsu helps you to keep fit, and makes you feel better about your self then go for it!

If you want to learn to defend yourself should trouble ever find you:

Gracie/Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu
The external ground submission art

Muay Thai
The external standup striking art

Full contact sparring is present in both of these combat systems, that is what prepares you for the street.

Ninjitsu is what is known as an internal art, based on using opponents energy/force against them. Sadly, I've seen Muay Thai/BJJ fighters vs Karate/Tae Kwon Do and such and believe me it's not a pretty site.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by corey)
1. To able to know who violent murderers are.
So you can become friends with them and they can get rid of annoyances....
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I wish that my friend who has offer to go to Oxford in september gets in to study History and he does the best he can and makes his dad and younger sister proud of him and becomes the best god dam history teacher the world has seen!

I wish that my best friend, whose in year 10, brother moves out in September because she is so fed of him and that he is happy about going as much as she will be.

I wish that Tony Blair is hung, drawn and quarted and that they get rid of uni fees and get our troops out of Iraq asap!

There!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey Petrozzi good to see you back mate.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
So you can become friends with them and they can get rid of annoyances....
what else? :rolleyes:
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
1. Look more attractive
2. A bit more down there (just a bit!)
3. Financial security
lol, be confident in who u are
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sadly, I've seen Muay Thai/BJJ fighters vs Karate/Tae Kwon Do and such and believe me it's not a pretty site.
I've seen Muay Thai against Karate, the Karate guy did not stand a chance. Muay Thai is a much better fighting system and they actually do sparring so it toughens you up unlike Karate which really doesn't. I think i may take it up when i go to uni if i can.
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
You never know, he may think you've excreted yourself and back away. I always thought it'd be a good idea to pretend to start panicking if someone starts on you to make them feel they've got the upper hand and then hit them when they're not aware. Never used it though....
That is actually present in some modern Self Defense techniques. If you've ever read any Sun Tzu you'll find he says that war is about deception and such. Largely muggings and drunken fights are about ego, and there's a way to deal with that by giving the attacker a false sense of security/upper hand, you then exploit that with a pre-emptive strike to the jaw or knife hand to the throat... Game Over.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sadly, I've seen Muay Thai/BJJ fighters vs Karate/Tae Kwon Do and such and believe me it's not a pretty site.
So, enlighten us. Who wins? Is it a pros fighting or just novices from one vs, pros from another?
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That is actually present in some modern Self Defense techniques. If you've ever read any Sun Tzu you'll find he says that war is about deception and such. Largely muggings and drunken fights are about ego, and there's a way to deal with that by giving the attacker a false sense of security/upper hand, you then exploit that with a pre-emptive strike to the jaw or knife hand to the throat... Game Over.
The Shaolin have a sequence where he pretends to be drunk and then lets hell loose. If i found myself in a situation like that and there was no other way out, i'd probably have to use that.
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Hey Petrozzi good to see you back mate.
Hiya mate, I've assumed some things about you in the University UCAS tracker thread thingy. You should go over there and set that inquisitive chap straight about Manchester.

UMIST hopefully for me!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
lol, be confident in who u are
I am, I believe (and am told often enough) that my personality is a good one. I'm a good person, and that gives me loads of confidence. I don't actually want those three wishes, they'd be nice that's all.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (242)
61.89%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.6%
No- I want it (105)
26.85%
No- I don't want it (26)
6.65%

Watched Threads