The Student Room Group

'worlds strictest parents' - makes england look bad?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
yh not all people in England are like that, just the British ones lol.
and we should've thought about 'making England look bad' thing when we go to other people's countries for holidays and act complete idiots.

it might be hard for you to believe, but British holiday makers are the worst. we also have the worst teenage behavioural problems. not to mention the highest teen pregnancy in Western Europe. wow way to go us.
It's a show on a channel with a small audience, and anyone with any sense knows that 'normal' families would not be taking part in the programme.

I'm far more concerned about the message that some of our politicians send out to other countries.
You are stupid they could get strict parents from England but they do it from abroad to try and represent Englands teen as all bad. There are teenages like the ones in the show in every country around the world pretty much.
Reply 23
George W. Bush was the most affluent American for 8 years yet I don't think all Americans are stupid.
The UK has rather liberal parenting attitudes, relative to other countries in the world.

This is just one example. Besides, there is no inherent wrong in strictness.
Original post by Genocidal
If people in other countries believe that the events on that show represent the whole of our country then I don't think they would be people that I would waste my time on.

However it makes good tv. Who the hell wants to watch good kids who do their homework for an hour? :p:

I believe the events on the show represents the majority of kids in the UK especially for Caucasians, the majority of people i've heard say this statement "oh yeah last night i got soooo wasted/hammered/high" is ridiculous and i for one definitely believe what the showing on the t.v is not far from the truth. So I'm not necessarily saying it is the truth. It's just the culture as well, english kids insult their parents and find it ok not to listen people in other countries do not find this acceptable.
Original post by sellasi6290
I believe the events on the show represents the majority of kids in the UK especially for Caucasians, the majority of people i've heard say this statement "oh yeah last night i got soooo wasted/hammered/high" is ridiculous and i for one definitely believe what the showing on the t.v is not far from the truth. So I'm not necessarily saying it is the truth. It's just the culture as well, english kids insult their parents and find it ok not to listen people in other countries do not find this acceptable.

Oh I agree fully it's not far from the truth it's just the kids on that show take it to overkill mode more often than not.
Original post by Greenlaner
I know they are the minority, but a lot of people only see the world in stereotypes, and i wouldnt like to think that people from other countries see this and think that all British youths are like that.

I cant help but cringe when i see how some of those obnoxious little ****s behave. I just want to reach into the TV and slap them repeatedly.

I know, that's what I feel like doing as well :smile: They have no respect for anyone :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending