Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to watch it and in the meantime, yay or nay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    I'm off to watch it and in the meantime, yay or nay?
    yay, although leeds didn't get through cos they stingy on the number of northern teams and my brother was on the team... so nay!

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    At least Leeds got entered, I don't think Salford would even stand a chance of qualifying.

ReputationRep:
    Would love to watch it but I have to revise for my mock PYA4 Psychology exam tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Not exactly my favourite thing to watch... better than some things though I guess...

Hehehe my dad was on it when he was at Oxford, and looked rediculous... all four of them in the photograph have long long hippy style hair, and my dad somehow managed to have an afro!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)
    Would love to watch it but I have to revise for my mock PYA4 Psychology exam tomorrow.
    oooooooooo - i just did my external in it - good luck!

ReputationRep:
    i just watch the episodes wth my college in

it always makes me feel stupid, because i can only ever answer about 10% of the questions

ReputationRep:
    God, I love it. Who knows, I may even appear on it one day.

It does get to me though how Oxford and Cambridge get a team per college, and Paxo's smarmy antics towards his favourite team, Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Ive stopped watching it, mainly because i don;t have a tv. it would be nice to see what's going on his year though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    God, I love it. Who knows, I may even appear on it one day.

It does get to me though how Oxford and Cambridge get a team per college, and Paxo's smarmy antics towards his favourite team, Cambridge.
    He tried to be nice to Bradford when they bombed out with 35points... which was less than I got during that program.

'Tis the only program I go downstairs to watch when I'm here at uni, Clare didn't qualify this year though

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    quality show, missed it this evening, i love it at the end

its goodbye from leeds university "goodbye"
    goodbye from jesus college oxford "goodbye"
    and its goodbye from me "goodbye"

cracks me up everytime!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    quality show, missed it this evening, i love it at the end

its goodbye from leeds university "goodbye"
    goodbye from jesus college oxford "goodbye"
    and its goodbye from me "goodbye"

cracks me up everytime!
    Tonight it was reading and st johns oxford, which st johns won. There was one guy from reading that got about 90% of their points and a botanist on the same team, and every time she made a suggestion the team captain discarded it, i was very amusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George-W-Duck)
    Tonight it was reading and st johns oxford, which st johns won. There was one guy from reading that got about 90% of their points and a botanist on the same team, and every time she made a suggestion the team captain discarded it, i was very amusing.
    lol, there seems to be at least one member on each team who is useless, and one guy/girl who knows way too much

ReputationRep:
    there always seems to be one person that knows everything and i think the other members of the team are just on the Student Union committe and just want a chance to look pretty on tv.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Reading was probably the better team but quite unlucky with questions.

ReputationRep:
    is anyone going to try our for it when they get to uni? personally i think the embarrassement would outweigh any gains

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicalsausage)
    I thought Reading was probably the better team but quite unlucky with questions.
    Reading got a huge amount of useless bonus questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicalsausage)
    I thought it was quite odd Johns got questions whose answers were the names of the three terms in Oxford (we have different names in Cam :P)... not exactly difficult for them really.

The guy on the left for Reading was pretty good.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emom100)
    is anyone going to try our for it when they get to uni? personally i think the embarrassement would outweigh any gains
    my brother was on the leeds team- the only 1st year. unfortunately they didn't qualify (like i said earlier there is a disproportionate number of northern teams permitted to qualify) + he can't be on it next year because he will be in america when they film + then the yearafter he will prob miss qualifying cos he'll styill eb in the US.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember a few years when a guy from Durham (a Scottish geologist in his late 30s/40s called Stewart I think) won the whole thing singlehandedly. It was fecking scary.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.