The Student Room Group

Woodhouse Interview, *sigh*

I had my Woodhouse interview today, I prepared a lot for it, and all for nothing.
I feel absolutely gutted. I prepared responses for why I chose Woodhouse and what I could offer the school etc.
But instead, I was asked about why I picked ICT and that Universities don't care much for it.
My interviewer talked about University, job/career choices, and where everything is around the school.
It wasn't the most exciting interview, and I wasn't given much chance to answer questions as hardly any were put forward to me.
My knowledge about viruses were tested, even though the interviewer was a Maths teacher.
I asked a question at the end and was given a long winded answer, we shook hands and that was it.

How did everyone else's interview go?
It couldn't have been worse than mine.
How likely am I to get in?
:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
did you get offer at interview? if not it's most likely waiting list offer
Reply 2
What offer would I get at an interview?
Reply 3
I didn't get an offer during the interview but the sheet they gave stated that I would hear from them by the end of April.
Reply 4
I got that sheet too, but I assume everyone got one.
Reply 5
Original post by dabest2500

I feel absolutely gutted. I prepared responses for why I chose Woodhouse and what I could offer the school etc.
:frown:

Exactly the same feeling :frown:, you'd think they'd have some sort of set questions to ask and everyone have unique responses..... i wasn't prepared for the sorts of questions i got asked so my mind went blank, haha :confused:
Reply 6
Mine went okayish, I had a maths teacher and he asked me about Kidney functions and carboxcylic acids o.0 I had mine on the 17th of Feb though and it went okayish in my opinion. Don't worry about it too much, it doesn't sound like an absolute flop they just want to make sure you're doing the subjects for the right reasons not "cos my parents told me to" or "cos its easy", they want to see your genuine reasons. I don't think anything TERRIBLY bad happened at the interview, good luck! :smile:
I had my interview on the 17th of Feb, and it went quite well, though I wasn't asked any subject based questions, I was mainly asked about career plans, extra curriculars etc., even though my interview went well, I have no idea whether or not I'll get a place because they have so many applicants, so there'll probably be lots of people who did better than me at the interview :/
Reply 8
Original post by Bambi :)
Mine went okayish, I had a maths teacher and he asked me about Kidney functions and carboxcylic acids o.0 I had mine on the 17th of Feb though and it went okayish in my opinion. Don't worry about it too much, it doesn't sound like an absolute flop they just want to make sure you're doing the subjects for the right reasons not "cos my parents told me to" or "cos its easy", they want to see your genuine reasons. I don't think anything TERRIBLY bad happened at the interview, good luck! :smile:

What was the maths teacher's name?
Reply 9
What was the maths teacher's name?

Mr Darren Selby, he's very friendly :smile: Wbu?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
I got Nigel Martin.
Really serious, not the person you'd have a laugh with :frown:
Hey :smile:

Don't worry, I'm sure it went fine. I had mines on 17th February, and I felt it went horrible! But I think that's what everyone feels, after they've had an interview. Now, looking back...it wasn't THAT bad...bad...but not that bad LOL.

I had a Chemistry teacher, and he asked me why I wanted to do the subjects that I had chosen, and I started explaining why I wanted to go to Woodhouse =S And then he was like 'Ok, but why did you choose these particular subjects?' I then explained why I wanted to do them, but there was SO much more I wanted to say, and it didn't go as well as I planned. When asked why I wanted to do Chemistry, I blurted out 'I like playing around with chemicals *-__-* and I think Chemistry's all around us, for example,' I pointed at a wooden desk, 'This desk is made of a wooden atomic structure.' But thankfully, I then improvised by talking about some scientific stuff.

After the interview, I felt like I missed out on saying SO much stuff. Ugh. But, anyways in a few weeks time, you'll just look back and you'll see it wasn't that bad. Good luck :smile:
Original post by SillyString
I got my offer mid-April last year.
My interview had the design teacher telling me that I should take further maths. If they wanted you to change subjects, chances are they REALLY wanted you. So hold tight kids, an offer is probably coming your way. :smile:

(Also if any of you were with the lady who yelled at me for not knowing where room 347 is. I have discovered that room 347 doesn't actually exist. So yeah, it wasn't actually my fault. :smile:)

Oooh, they asked me what I would do if one of my choices weren't available :biggrin: But, don't they ask everybody that?

LOL @Your room 347 comment! :smile:
Reply 13
I really really hope I get in.
They didn't ask me for a second choice.
Reply 14
Original post by Princess_Shaz
Oooh, they asked me what I would do if one of my choices weren't available :biggrin: But, don't they ask everybody that?

LOL @Your room 347 comment! :smile:

I really really hope I get in.
They didn't ask me for a second choice.

It doesn't really matter if they ask that or not. They usually ask everyone for back up subjects.
Original post by Junaid16
It doesn't really matter if they ask that or not. They usually ask everyone for back up subjects.

Oh, I thought so because all of the people I know, who were interviewed at Woodhouse, were all asked for back up subjects. :smile:
Reply 16
Oh, I thought so because all of the people I know, who were interviewed at Woodhouse, were all asked for back up subjects. :smile:

Yeah, don't worry you'll find out in the last week of April :smile:
Original post by Junaid16
Yeah, don't worry you'll find out in the last week of April :smile:

Oooh, still an entire month! I'm kind of excited LOL But I've prepared myself for a rejection. Is it worth being upset, if you get rejected because it's THE Woodhouse? Is it really all that? :redface:
Reply 18
Oooh, still an entire month! I'm kind of excited LOL But I've prepared myself for a rejection. Is it worth being upset, if you get rejected because it's THE Woodhouse? Is it really all that? :redface:

I'm pretty sure you won't be rejected :smile: Most people are placed on the waiting list, and iit's not all that, it's really only slightly better than other state colleges, it's just very selective, which means the people there are more academically inclined.
Reply 19
Just got my letter this morning...

Waiting list.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending