losing your national insurance card Watch

Cherry Kisses
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Ive lost my national insurance card - what do i do? can i get it replaced? :confused: help please

~CK~
Helen_w
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Contact the department for work and pensions.
Emerald
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i'm sorry but this made me laugh cos i was in the same situation as you a while back so i know how you feel. Basically my job centre told me that if u have it written down somewhere than its not a problem but if you dont then you do need to contact your local jobcentre to get it replaced.
Cherry Kisses
Rep:
?
thanks. yeaa i need that number, i'll prob contact the job centre and ask them, thanks again
MNBStyle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~cherrykisses~)
thanks. yeaa i need that number, i'll prob contact the job centre and ask them, thanks again
You will need to Report it to your nearest Social Security office or Inland Revenue (NI Contributions) office.
Usually i think If you want a replacement card you will need to complete an application form, and your only allowed one replacement i beleive so be carefull with your new card
Cherry Kisses
Rep:
?
(Original post by MNBStyle)
You will need to Report it to your nearest Social Security office or Inland Revenue (NI Contributions) office.
Usually i think If you want a replacement card you will need to complete an application form, and your only allowed one replacement i beleive so be carefull with your new card
ah right, thankyou. i hope i can get at least one replacement cause my friend said that it can never get replaced :frown: but... yea i will try that and hope n pray that i can get a replacement. thankyoo
Cranium
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I lost mine recently.
If you've had a National Insurance number but you've forgotten or lost it, you can obtain a replacement number card by contacting your local Jobcentre Plus, Social Security Office or Jobcentre. You can find the telephone number in your local telephone directory.

For more information you can phone the National Insurance registration Helpline on 0845 915 7006.

I phoned up the national insurance contributions office
they sent me a note of my number (as I hadn't recorded it anywhere)
they also sent me a form to fill in for another card -
"for secrity reason, the issue of replacement cards is now resticted. you are only entitled to receive one original and one replacement. When we issue the replacement care you will not be ble to receive any more, even if your circumstances change."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (131)
46.29%
Pro-humanity (152)
53.71%

Watched Threads