The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lol, I was scared to say transistor because then I'd look like the only person to have thought properly about this thread.

But Lego yeah, you can't forget Lego.
Reply 21
amazingtrade
I am going to answer this question at a very low level. The best discovery was the use of elecricity to generate energy. The best invention in my opion is the electric light bulb and 70 years later the transistor. Then of course comes the smallesh (compared to valves) computer.

The best more recent invention is TCP/IP and Arpranet which has sence become the internet. The internet would probably not have taken off though without the world wide web. For this reason I would say the www is the best high end invention. Thanks Tim Burner's Lee.

Thank you, I got the Electricity bit right.
Reply 22
hats and if i ever go bald our undying passionate love-relationship will intertwine for ever in a whirl-wind of bliss

u brits r really rubbing off on me, i better bloddy shutup
Reply 23
sorry for once I'm being superficial and have to say ghd hair straightners...
Reply 24
me!

oh ya, i forgot to mention gel
Reply 25
me!

Hehe yes but they don't work without electricity or heating elements. I guess it all goes back to Micheal Farraday.
Reply 26
amazingtrade
Hehe yes but they don't work without electricity or heating elements. I guess it all goes back to Micheal Farraday.

My science teacher is in love with that guy, he talks about him all the time, and last lesson it was an hour about Jeremy Clarkson, still it makes a change :biggrin: Ceramic technology ! I have an idea for an invention a little pocket hairdresser who could do my hair for me... that'd be so cool! hahaha sorry I get delirous towards midnight...
electicity then i can hv the power to power my microwave to help me cook my microwaveable dinner
Reply 28
The Onken(TM) Lemon Mousse. I'm salivating just thinking about it.
Trousers
The Onken(TM) Lemon Mousse. I'm salivating just thinking about it.

i love the lite 1s in rasberry
Reply 30
I would have to say the battery.
Reply 31
Undisclosed
For me it would have to be the thong...no not really, probably the internet.
i would probably say t.v because with out it alot of people would have no point of conversation
Reply 32
Best invention of all time? Has anyone given though to all water vessels?
Reply 33
elpaw
I would have to say the battery.

Alessandro Volta?
Reply 34
Calculus.
Reply 35
Bigcnee
Calculus.

*shudders* It certainly did teach all us little wise arses not to be so good at maths at the age of 14.
Reply 36
Sire
*shudders* It certainly did teach all us little wise arses not to be so good at maths at the age of 14.

Calculus at 14? Those were the days. :biggrin:
Reply 37
Bigcnee
Calculus at 14? Those were the days. :biggrin:

Only our first introduction to it. Never really got started until about 17, perhaps a bit sooner, but only a month or two.
Reply 38
I had my Calculus test today, which went particularly well.
Chopsticks. Without them, we would be eating chips and drinking soup with our toes.

Latest

Trending

Trending