This discussion is closed.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emma_)
The Internet
I'm not sure that's the best thing...for some reason viruses are very attracted to me - and i always get blamed when the computer crashes or data is lost - i blame norton anti virus software -just not good enough - or the damn xp firewall - what exactly does it do!!!?
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
I'm not sure that's the best thing...for some reason viruses are very attracted to me - and i always get blamed when the computer crashes or data is lost - i blame norton anti virus software -just not good enough - or the damn xp firewall - what exactly does it do!!!?
Do you download dodgy software? The XP firewall does work, I;ve done stealth tests on it. To me it sounds like more a case of clicking on yes to dodgy banner adds and then it forces a virus to install. However Norton should stop this.

I've never had a virus since 1993 when I got my first PC.
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
contraception
penacilian
the wheel
microchip

washing machine/domestic appliances: dont laugh, womens freedom depended on these inventions!
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Do you download dodgy software? The XP firewall does work, I;ve done stealth tests on it. To me it sounds like more a case of clicking on yes to dodgy banner adds and then it forces a virus to install. However Norton should stop this.

hehe, there was a good little joke passed around a group of irc coders a while back. "If you make something idiot proof, don't worry. Pretty soon mother nature will build a better idiot" It inspired some of the best virii I've ever seen Including the update to the MSBlaster32 of last year hehe. Ah pigsy, the boy had style.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)

I'm not stupid enough to go on banners, just sties that are quite well known...may be a case of my evil sister causing these happenings, we havn't had a virus in the last six months, that's a record...but of course it's down to the wonderful me - i'm the one that's been updating the DAT files every wednesdays...!
boygenious
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the electric chair
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by boygenious)
the electric chair
:eek: capital punishment - no way
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the electric chair
Hell yeah. I want one, but with an adjustable knob. Just so that I can get that buzz from time to time
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Hell yeah. I want one, but with an adjustable knob. Just so that I can get that buzz from time to time
:eek: i think i'm too easily shocked.
boygenious
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
:eek: capital punishment - no way
nothing wrong with a bit of capital punishment, it solves the overcrowding jail problem
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
nothing wrong with a bit of capital punishment, it solves the overcrowding jail problem
It also means that innocent people will be put to death by the state from time to time. That can't be allowed.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
snow is the best. its the ultimate terrorist tool, yet the terrorist have yet to realise it (dont tell them)
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oh and gunpowder
boygenious
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
It also means that innocent people will be put to death by the state from time to time. That can't be allowed.
more often than not they get it right though
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
more often than not they get it right though
yeh, but wot if ur tht 1 innocent? ur screwed 4 something u didnt do!
boygenious
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
yeh, but wot if ur tht 1 innocent? ur screwed 4 something u didnt do!
well there are various appeal courts for death row convicts, besides with the current state of prisons, the chair often doesn't seem too bad for prisoners
Ryoku
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
killing people is wrong, full stop. I watched the green mile (a bit of it at least) and the bit where that person got slowly fried really pissed me off. WHAT THE **** IS THE POINT! Make then make roads, and buildings, or watch some god awful tv program, or let them go on a computer, and then get a virus. HAHAHA
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm not stupid enough to go on banners, just sties that are quite well known...may be a case of my evil sister causing these happenings, we havn't had a virus in the last six months, that's a record...but of course it's down to the wonderful me - i'm the one that's been updating the DAT files every wednesdays...!
It sounds like it is your sister then, if you're not downloading dodgy stuff from Kazza or opening email attachments I then you are doing nothing wrong. The XP firewall will stop the most common attacks. Having said that attacks to my PC only really stopped when I got my NAT router.
Ryoku
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hates viruses
WHATS THE ****ING POINT OF DIABLING SOME GUYS COMPUTER< YOU'LL NEVER MEET HIM, AND I DOUT YOUD RECOGNISE HIM IF YOU DID!
Viruses should be fun things, like someone's computer coming up with a joke everytime you start it up, or comes up with funny quotes, now that would be good, and people wouldn't get pissed off
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
duplo is actually a better invention than lego. its more purified. and bigger and more colourful. excuse me *hunts out baby brothers duplo*
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (5)
50%
Yes- I don't like it (1)
10%
No- I want it (3)
30%
No- I don't want it (1)
10%

Watched Threads