The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Do not choose Liberty Living!!!! - Orion's Point Southampton

Hi guys! If you want to study in Soton and are looking for accomodation I would completely not recommend Liberty Living! The members of reception are no helpful at all when you face problems with your flatmates and they cannot do much to help! The kitchen is completely dirty all the time, they do not clean their mess and either you clean it yourself or live in horrible conditions. Liberty living cannot do anything about it, not charge nor do anything to make them clean it or pay for cleaning it. The only thing they do is charge everyone and you have to pay for others mess! Also! Flatmates smoke in the kitchen, although it is not allowed and reception does nothing about it! They also cannot sort the noise issue out, say when one person is playing very very loud music in their flat!

Once again DO NOT go for Liberty Living!
I've known people in Orion's Point and they've always seemed happy enough. It sounds like you're problem is more with the flatmates you have than the accomodation itself, unlucky, but it's not long to the end of the year now and then you can move out. Chin up.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
I had an amazing time at orions point last year. Are you in a flat allocated to Southampton uni students?

he kitchen is completely dirty all the time, they do not clean their mess and either you clean it yourself or live in horrible conditions

You do realise your living in self catered accommodation? It is not up to liberty living to clean the kitchen, its up to you and your flatmates. If you have a problem with cleanliness you have to take it up with them.

Noise is just one of those things you get in halls. People party, I was one of them :P.
I was there last year, it's fine, sounds like you need to talk to your flatmates about it, not reception.

That or stop being a whiney little douche.
I've had a **** time there too, nout to do with Liberty Living though. It's just in a dodgy area and my flatmates don't like me. The staff there are really helpful I find :smile:
Yes I've known people in Orion's Point and they've always seemed happy enough. It sounds like you're problem is more with the flatmates you have than the accomodation itself, unlucky, but it's not long to the end of the year now and then you can move out God bless you..All the best
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
I live their atm and absolutely love it. Earlier in the year one of my mates had an issue with a flatmate smoking in the flat and stealing food and reception set up meetings to sort it out between the flat. Reception are so good, the ladies that work there are lovely and always willing to help sort out any issues or queries. The security guards are also sound. With regards to noise, they do give out noise complaints although there isn't really a lot they can do if someone's being a dick about music but you'd get that anywhere. I personally would highly recommend liberty living to students staying in halls in future years.
Original post by Scot(t)
I live their atm and absolutely love it. Earlier in the year one of my mates had an issue with a flatmate smoking in the flat and stealing food and reception set up meetings to sort it out between the flat. Reception are so good, the ladies that work there are lovely and always willing to help sort out any issues or queries. The security guards are also sound. With regards to noise, they do give out noise complaints although there isn't really a lot they can do if someone's being a dick about music but you'd get that anywhere. I personally would highly recommend liberty living to students staying in halls in future years.

The thread you're responding to is from 2011 - back when the hall was fairly new and not many southampton students lived there.

It's good to know that things have improved over the last 3 years.
it is the worst accomodation and be careful check everything because they like to do ghost charges
Attachment not found

state of the kitchen they can't be bother to inspect
it is the worst accomodation and be careful check everything because they like to do ghost charges
Be wary of Liberty Living Leicteser who discrimates against students and charged me for damage a flatmate caused in the communcal area who was possibly high on weed. Also charges you for small 'marks' on communal walls and damage to things like a chair that didnt look damaged that noone thinks to check when moving in.
Original post by Disappointed
Hi guys! If you want to study in Soton and are looking for accomodation I would completely not recommend Liberty Living! The members of reception are no helpful at all when you face problems with your flatmates and they cannot do much to help! The kitchen is completely dirty all the time, they do not clean their mess and either you clean it yourself or live in horrible conditions. Liberty living cannot do anything about it, not charge nor do anything to make them clean it or pay for cleaning it. The only thing they do is charge everyone and you have to pay for others mess! Also! Flatmates smoke in the kitchen, although it is not allowed and reception does nothing about it! They also cannot sort the noise issue out, say when one person is playing very very loud music in their flat!

Once again DO NOT go for Liberty Living!

Liberty point was ok.
Original post by jonathanemptage
Liberty point was ok.

The post you’re replying to is a decade old

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending