This discussion is closed.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I know this has been done before, but hasn't pretty much everything?

So who here writes poetry? I'm currently working on my first piece and i'm seeing if it's any good for clearing my thoughts with. You can post one of your pieces if you like Corey
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i love studying poetry but i was always crap at writing something that was deep and meaningful. I was better on funny/ quicrky poems though
magicalsausage
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have given it a go once or twice but it always makes me cringe withing 10 minutes of completion.
G4ry
Rep:
?
I wasn't great at English GCSE, only you can judge whether you think it's good. It doesn't really matter what one or two people think. If you have a poem post it if you like.
El_Borish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Some things in this life are beautiful.
others are not.
death is never beautiful,
and yet it so often happens to
those that are too beautiful
ces't la vie...

and yes, i am drunk, im htinking of using this as the intro to a film im making (shortly before a guy commits suicide)
G4ry
Rep:
?
(Original post by El_Borish)
Some things in this life are beautiful.
others are not.
death is never beautiful,
and yet it so often happens to
those that are too beautiful
ces't la vie...
It's good....but death happens to everyone, even the ones that aren't beautiful or even "too beautiful" as you put it. So it doesn't make much sense, but i guess it doesn't have to. Or am i getting the wrong end of the stick?
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I wrote sum limeriks, my teacher told me they crap, end of story.
G4ry
Rep:
?
(Original post by cobra01977)
I wrote sum limeriks, my teacher told me they crap, end of story.
If your teacher was such a great literary genius, why is she a teacher and not a famous author/poet? Don't listen, only you know it's good as i said before.
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
If your teacher was such a great literary genius, why is she a teacher and not a famous author/poet? Don't listen, only you know it's good as i said before.
Firstly 'she' was a he, but anyway; they were crap from a literay point of view, but funny at the time.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Who cares if they were "crap" from a literary point, you don't have to write like Shakespeare to write poetry. If it made a person smile did it not fulfill its purpose?
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
It's good....but death happens to everyone, even the ones that aren't beautiful or even "too beautiful" as you put it. So it doesn't make much sense, but i guess it doesn't have to. Or am i getting the wrong end of the stick?
no, i just thought it was appropriate for the opening, so wrote it to fit!
LA$_VEGA$
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i wandered lonely as a cloud (all my own stuff ya know )
G4ry
Rep:
?
Should i debut my first poem on here in a few days when i've finished it, if i get around to it? I don't know if i should, it's my personal thoughts.
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if you're going to be showing it to ppl, this is probably a fairly good place, as you dont really know anyone, and most people will probably forget who posted it. if they like it, you can claim admiration for decades to come!
G4ry
Rep:
?
(Original post by El_Borish)
if you're going to be showing it to ppl, this is probably a fairly good place, as you dont really know anyone, and most people will probably forget who posted it. if they like it, you can claim admiration for decades to come!
If i went to a poetry club they'd clap if they thought it was tripe anyway. Or someone will rip it off me and sell it for millions.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
If i went to a poetry club they'd clap if they thought it was tripe anyway. Or someone will rip it off me and sell it for millions.
They have poetry clubs?

Lol, clubs full of poets.
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
exactly! better to post it here, most of us are nice! :rolleyes:
G4ry
Rep:
?
(Original post by thefish_uk)
They have poetry clubs?

Lol, clubs full of poets.
Course they do. Didn't you see Trigger Happy TV? This guy turned up and just started reading the numbers from 1 to about 200 and then stopped it was quite funny.

I'll finish my poem and then decide what i'll do with it. I already have another idea for another poem.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Now that that's discussed for now, anyone like my avatar, i made it on paint. I personally think it's quite good.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I love poetry RULE PLATH...Poetry is life saving...its the only reason why do well at english gcse oh and the make up your own **** questions...oh and the coursework and the plays we have to study. I hate novels...they suck :mad:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (540)
66.5%
No (272)
33.5%

Watched Threads