*squeals* Cambridge has laser tag! Watch

This discussion is closed.
loftx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Theres a laser quest in Oxford as well - all the university towns have them...
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I went there a couple of years ago as part of the Sutton Trust summer school. It was fun, but I've been to better Quasars.
dazmanultra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, the Lazer Quest is in the Lion Yard, near the JJB sports and the bus depot.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I went to laser quest for my big bro's party when I was nine. It was fun, but haven't really gone since. My little bro's having his 8th party at laser quest though.
MadLy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hmm, went to the Cambridge Laserquest last year.......its a bit crap really!! Am not liking the no teams free-for-all!! :rolleyes: and the layouts not great. But then my t-shirt did glow a bright neon blue whilst I was in there..... :rolleyes:
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Laser quest is always "dimgy", lol.

This one near me (Stourbridge Laser Quest) is built inside an old warehouse - that's what they do, they buy old warehouses, paint them black and make a creative three-dimensional made inside.

What's the point of them building a shiny new expensive building especially?
cambridge laser quest sucks
I whoop asss whenever i play, but im not a great fan, specially the cam one (which is tiny)
J
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
May I ask a question? I am sure that my country boy heritage is shining through once again, but what the **** is 'laser tag'? From what I can gather it is something like paint ball/skirmish yet with little laser guns or something. Please help the country boy here.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
May I ask a question? I am sure that my country boy heritage is shining through once again, but what the **** is 'laser tag'? From what I can gather it is something like paint ball/skirmish yet with little laser guns or something. Please help the country boy here.
I just noticed in the half of the thread hehe, we call that laser shots in Argentina and you are right.

http://www.lasershots.com
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh, by the way, the one that is in Argentina came from Australia.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Yes, as they said, they deck out a big warehouse with platforms, ramps, walls, mazes etc, very industrial, lots of lights, especially strobe, cheesy techy music (e.g. spaceman -babylon5). Then you run around, trying to shoot people with laser firing guns, if you get hit, you vibrate and can't shoot anyobdy for a few and you need to hide like hell. Absolutely great.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
Yes, as they said, they deck out a big warehouse with platforms, ramps, walls, mazes etc, very industrial, lots of lights, especially strobe, cheesy techy music (e.g. spaceman -babylon5). Then you run around, trying to shoot people with laser firing guns, if you get hit, you vibrate and can't shoot anyobdy for a few and you need to hide like hell. Absolutely great.
Sounds like fun, and Eternal Idol suggests that we have it here in Australia. I think it is time I took a holiday around a major city hehe
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Sounds like fun, and Eternal Idol suggests that we have it here in Australia. I think it is time I took a holiday around a major city hehe
Where do you live in a town?
Oh my god, I'm just thinking about that Simpson chapter where Bart calls to Australia.

My god, lol.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
Where do you live in a town?
Oh my god, I'm just thinking about that Simpson chapter where Bart calls to Australia.

My god, lol.
I live in a town with a population of 7,500 people. Not exactly big enough for 'laser tag'
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I live in a town with a population of 7,500 people. Not exactly big enough for 'laser tag'
Well, at least is bigger than the one who called Bart.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
Well, at least is bigger than the one who called Bart.
They just get smaller as you go west from here. The one Bart called would be just past Walget which is only about 2 hours west of here, after that you have the occasional homestead for some 3,000 kilometres before another town appears.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
They just get smaller as you go west from here. The one Bart called would be just past Walget which is only about 2 hours west of here, after that you have the occasional homestead for some 3,000 kilometres before another town appears.
Wow, that's a real desert.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MadLy)
Hmm, went to the Cambridge Laserquest last year.......its a bit crap really!! Am not liking the no teams free-for-all!! :rolleyes: and the layouts not great. But then my t-shirt did glow a bright neon blue whilst I was in there..... :rolleyes:
I've had the free for all thing at quite a lot of places I've been to. Cambridge's is small compared with Stourbridge, but it's ok. When we went there, there were a bunch of townies who came in with us, decided they hated us and so it was basically a team game. We lost

I suck at Laserquest. Of course, it didn't help that I went out in a white top :rolleyes:
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
Its babylon Zoo my foolish friend, babylon 5 was some sci fi programme.
And i think robert miles children is the ubiquotous laser quest music.
And my unbeatable tip - dont hide. be fearless and go mad shooting everyone in sight, not caring for your own safety. a kill is worth way more than a death is a loss (example gain 30 points for a kill, lose 5 for a death)
J
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
My nearest ones are in Holloway and Enfield. Holloway is Arsenal territory and at the end of the bus route, and Enfield needs overground trains to get to. Cads.
theres one at archway... it doesnt look like its in use. but ive never been inside so i cant really say.

i think it is.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
Its babylon Zoo my foolish friend, babylon 5 was some sci fi programme.
And i think robert miles children is the ubiquotous laser quest music.
And my unbeatable tip - dont hide. be fearless and go mad shooting everyone in sight, not caring for your own safety. a kill is worth way more than a death is a loss (example gain 30 points for a kill, lose 5 for a death)
J
All these laser tag places are designed so there are no dead ends anyway, so there's nowhere you can hide. I always keep moving, normally at a pretty quick pace (although careful not to be unsafe, I don't sprint) and end up quite red in the face at the end.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads