The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You don't have to recall your UCAS form per se. Call UCAS up during office hours (ASAP) and notify them of the amendment to your application. Have your PIN handy as they're bound to ask you for it.
Reply 2
Don't leave it otherwise unis will think that you can commute from your house to the university. Call UCAS and ask them to change it. As Sanjiv said, have your UCAS ID ready.
Reply 3
Ok...

Did as you guys said and the ucas man on the phone says there's nothing they can do at their end, all I have to do is contact all individual universities and tell them about the mistake and say yes I want some accommodation mate.

But you seemed pretty sure that it could be ammended so I'm suspicious that the ucas man I was talking to is just a lazy ****, so can anybody confirm that there is absolutely nothing they can do.

I really don't want to phone all (even if it's one) the individual universities cos I'm too much of a lazy ****.

Burce Forsyth
Perhaps you should phone the universities then....if they say its up to UCAS then phone them back up! It sounds unlikely that you'd have to phone the universities though...
Reply 5
If you're application has already gone through to the universities, then you will need to contact the universities seperatly... ucas aren't going to do it for you!
Reply 6
Well I only sent it on Friday afternoon so I doubt it's been processed yet.
I'd try UCAS then....
Reply 8
Oh my god,. i just checked mine, and i put 'no' for all of my courses, but thats not right--- what does this mean??!! :eek: :frown:
what should i do ?

--------------

Oh and i already have 2 offers
Do you mean that you are staying at home? If that is the case and you have already received offers then I'd phone the universities that you've received offers from and perhaps phone UCAS too! You may want to phone the other uni's too!!
is at home meaning something about teh fees. Ie if your at home- in england you pay the normal tuition fees, and if your not then your an international applicant?
No it means that you are going to be staying at home- you'll be close enough to commute to the uni so you won't need accomodation. It also affects the loan you get think!
OHH THANK YOU !!! so i am ok because i will need uni accomadation, so so scared there for a minute :biggrin:
Thanx
Thats ok. Happy to help!! :biggrin:
Ok can I have confirmation. My application has been sent but is still to be processed so can UCAS change this, is it worth phoning again?
Reply 15
Well UCAS said that you have to contact the universities individually, didn't they?

So do that ASAP so universities can take into account your accomodation should they decide to offer you a place.
Reply 16
Burce Forsyth
Ok...

Did as you guys said and the ucas man on the phone says there's nothing they can do at their end, all I have to do is contact all individual universities and tell them about the mistake and say yes I want some accommodation mate.

But you seemed pretty sure that it could be ammended so I'm suspicious that the ucas man I was talking to is just a lazy ****, so can anybody confirm that there is absolutely nothing they can do.

I really don't want to phone all (even if it's one) the individual universities cos I'm too much of a lazy ****.

Burce Forsyth

LOL, i have done exactly the same thing. i thought at home? meant home student. when i rang ucas they said the same thing to me about ringing each univeristy. I tryd doing this but the uni admin staff didnt really seem to know whats going on. Bristol guy told me that it wont effect me in anyway in the admisions procedure, and that i should wait till i have recieved offers and then ring them uniz up and let them know.
Reply 17
you're all confusing poor burce.

if you have sent your applicantion to your SCHOOL... but the school has NOT sent it off to the UNIVERSITIES.

ask your referee to send your application BACK into your control, it takes one click from his/her side. You then make the ammendment, send it back to your referee, wait for the reference to be added.. then it gets sent off to the universities and voila
He already said his school sent it off though.

Schoolboy error. (sorry couldn't help myself!)

I don't think it really affects anything at the moment, and the unis don't seem too bothered or are just too busy with other things. So do as MC Legal above says and wait till you have offers I guess.
Reply 19
oo lol ofcourse :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending