Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Cos I didn't know what it meant at the time I forgot to edit the 'Y' (yes) entry in the "at home" box for each university. now my ucas form is sent off, the school has sent it off, does this mean i need to recall my ucas form or can i leave it?

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to recall your UCAS form per se. Call UCAS up during office hours (ASAP) and notify them of the amendment to your application. Have your PIN handy as they're bound to ask you for it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't leave it otherwise unis will think that you can commute from your house to the university. Call UCAS and ask them to change it. As Sanjiv said, have your UCAS ID ready.

ReputationRep:
    Ok...

Did as you guys said and the ucas man on the phone says there's nothing they can do at their end, all I have to do is contact all individual universities and tell them about the mistake and say yes I want some accommodation mate.

But you seemed pretty sure that it could be ammended so I'm suspicious that the ucas man I was talking to is just a lazy ****, so can anybody confirm that there is absolutely nothing they can do.

I really don't want to phone all (even if it's one) the individual universities cos I'm too much of a lazy ****.

Burce Forsyth
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Perhaps you should phone the universities then....if they say its up to UCAS then phone them back up! It sounds unlikely that you'd have to phone the universities though...

ReputationRep:
    If you're application has already gone through to the universities, then you will need to contact the universities seperatly... ucas aren't going to do it for you!

ReputationRep:
    Well I only sent it on Friday afternoon so I doubt it's been processed yet.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'd try UCAS then....

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god,. i just checked mine, and i put 'no' for all of my courses, but thats not right--- what does this mean??!! :eek:
    what should i do ?

--------------

Oh and i already have 2 offers
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Do you mean that you are staying at home? If that is the case and you have already received offers then I'd phone the universities that you've received offers from and perhaps phone UCAS too! You may want to phone the other uni's too!!

ReputationRep:
    is at home meaning something about teh fees. Ie if your at home- in england you pay the normal tuition fees, and if your not then your an international applicant?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    No it means that you are going to be staying at home- you'll be close enough to commute to the uni so you won't need accomodation. It also affects the loan you get think!

ReputationRep:
    OHH THANK YOU !!! so i am ok because i will need uni accomadation, so so scared there for a minute
    Thanx
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Thats ok. Happy to help!!

ReputationRep:
    Ok can I have confirmation. My application has been sent but is still to be processed so can UCAS change this, is it worth phoning again?

ReputationRep:
    Well UCAS said that you have to contact the universities individually, didn't they?

So do that ASAP so universities can take into account your accomodation should they decide to offer you a place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burce Forsyth)
    Ok...

Did as you guys said and the ucas man on the phone says there's nothing they can do at their end, all I have to do is contact all individual universities and tell them about the mistake and say yes I want some accommodation mate.

But you seemed pretty sure that it could be ammended so I'm suspicious that the ucas man I was talking to is just a lazy ****, so can anybody confirm that there is absolutely nothing they can do.

I really don't want to phone all (even if it's one) the individual universities cos I'm too much of a lazy ****.

Burce Forsyth

LOL, i have done exactly the same thing. i thought at home? meant home student. when i rang ucas they said the same thing to me about ringing each univeristy. I tryd doing this but the uni admin staff didnt really seem to know whats going on. Bristol guy told me that it wont effect me in anyway in the admisions procedure, and that i should wait till i have recieved offers and then ring them uniz up and let them know.

ReputationRep:
    you're all confusing poor burce.

if you have sent your applicantion to your SCHOOL... but the school has NOT sent it off to the UNIVERSITIES.

ask your referee to send your application BACK into your control, it takes one click from his/her side. You then make the ammendment, send it back to your referee, wait for the reference to be added.. then it gets sent off to the universities and voila

ReputationRep:
    He already said his school sent it off though.

Schoolboy error. (sorry couldn't help myself!)

I don't think it really affects anything at the moment, and the unis don't seem too bothered or are just too busy with other things. So do as MC Legal above says and wait till you have offers I guess.

ReputationRep:
    oo lol ofcourse

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.