if you could do anythin on ukl what would it be? Watch

This discussion is closed.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Oh? I'm sorry I didn't know you were waiting for me. I suppose it just makes an imaginary hierarchy between members in terms of superiority and respect. Newbies should know who to turn to for help and who to watch out for (hahaha *points and laughs*). It serves as a kind of recognition for the time and effort you put in for the forum if you are nice, and a punishment for the more minor less-than-criminal offenders.

*smiles sweetly*
I did ask a question directly to you, which infers i await an answer.

Is the hierarchy right though? A member with less than 30 posts and 10 rep points helped me a lot more than a person with 4 gems on the whole time i've been here. Those who have rep gems are not always people to turn to, and those who have grey gems are not people to turn away from. You can't base who is good/bad from rep - it is fixed. Giving rep is associated with a "you scratch my back, and i'll scratch yours" attitude, i saw this only a few days ago, when a member mentioned they had a whole list of rep to give out because those members had rep'd them. There have been threads with "who wants rep, the first person to reply will be given rep" which is not right, there also been threads from people asking for rep, rep is supposed to be earnt not swapped as you say. A member that starts threads asking for rep, and getting loads of rep is this really a sign of their recognition and effort to the forum or merely the contacts they have on this forum? This isn't what rep should be awarded for if it has to be present on this forum.

As much as i'd love to discuss the matter, i can't as i have to sleep. Perhaps i'll reply tomorrow if i can find this thread.
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I did ask a question directly to you, which infers i await an answer.

Is the hierarchy right though? A member with less than 30 posts and 10 rep points helped me a lot more than a person with 4 gems on the whole time i've been here. Those who have rep gems are not always people to turn to, and those who have grey gems are not people to turn away from. You can't base who is good/bad from rep - it is fixed. Giving rep is associated with a "you scratch my back, and i'll scratch yours" attitude, i saw this only a few days ago, when a member mentioned they had a whole list of rep to give out because those members had rep'd them. There have been threads with "who wants rep, the first person to reply will be given rep" which is not right, there also been threads from people asking for rep, rep is supposed to be earnt not swapped as you say. A member that starts threads asking for rep, and getting loads of rep is this really a sign of their recognition and effort to the forum or merely the contacts they have on this forum? This isn't what rep should be awarded for if it has to be present on this forum.

As much as i'd love to discuss the matter, i can't as i have to sleep. Perhaps i'll reply tomorrow if i can find this thread.
I wish you could see my user cp mate. Everytime I mention the word rep I get given negative rep by people. So I've just opened the door on another batch of the stuff. But some people do give good rep. caz tried to rep my for something witty and yet appropriate to the thread topic yesterday. There is one example. Though I do agree that it is swapped around too freely. But then again, I don't really give a toss about it. They are pretty little gems that do **** all basically
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i would ask people to join my reilgon, which will take over the world with (enter your name here) as the Leader.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
:confused:

lou xxx
be a mod or admin
The_Barman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
actually i would put a "donate to UKL button on...but have all donations go to my secret swiss bank account *muhahahha*
???????????????????????????????? ???????????
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (153)
60.96%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.38%
No- I want it (70)
27.89%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.77%

Watched Threads